Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will there be more luna episodes in season 6?

Luna 831

@@Luna 831

Just letting you know I edited the title of your topic to better reflect your question. :)

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 1

I would like to see more Luna, but in all fairness I think her story has been well told, at the end of DPoMS we saw her finally letting go of her guilt and finding peace, I'm not sure there's much more that needs to be said.  It would be good to see a Celestia episode though, perhaps focusing on her history and relationship with Luna, or not, any Celestia episode would be welcome just now.

Edited by Concerned Bystander
  • Brohoof 2

At this point I'm praying that Celestia finally gets an episode instead of wondering if Luna will get another episode

• Brohoof 4

Probably not.

With Starlight Glimmer being added into the show as a new main character, the writers will have to spend a lot of time focusing on her this season.

That in turn will take away time that could have been used to develop other characters, and I am pretty sure that Luna will be one of those characters.

Plus Celestia is in pretty desperate need for actual character development, and so I would rather see her finally get a solo episode than get a Luna episode this season.

And that is coming from someone who likes Luna more than Celestia.

• Brohoof 3

I hope not. She's been overshadowing her sister for far too long. It's about time we get a Celestia episode instead of having the show cater to the majority.

While my inner Luna fanboy would love to have another episode featuring the Princess of the Night, I feel that her big sister has been neglected long enough. Luna has had plenty of time in the spotlight over the years in episodes such as:

S2: Luna eclipsed

S3: Sleepless in Ponyville

S4: For whom the Sweetie Bell Toils

S5: Bloom and Gloom + Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep

I have full faith that we will one day get an episode where Celestia is the main focus  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Probbaly not since the other characters need limelight episodes more (even though I would love more Luna).

But with the premier and last episode considered I would say the supporting apparances for her might increase in quantity.

Edited by snowflame

So with Luna having more episodes than Celestia, and Celestia hasn't had an episode with her as the leading role at all yet, you'd rather have Luna still have more episodes and Celestia not having any, making her character seem more pointless? She really hasn't done anything special since season 3, and the season 6 preimere was the first time she actually did something useful. We never get to see Celestia do anything epic, and she's a high-ruler and all that. Plus it would be nice to see her learn a friendship lesson to make her seem less perfect.

I like Celestia, and I do like Luna too, but I don't like seeing one sister overshadow the other. Seasons 1 and 2 had Celestia overshadowing Luna, and seasons 4 and 5 had Luna overshadowing Celestia. Now that all the overshadowing is done, how about some equal screentime?

• Brohoof 1

I hope not. She's been overshadowing her sister for far too long. It's about time we get a Celestia episode instead of having the show cater to the majority.

It's time for Luna to overshadow Celestia, since she was the overshadowed one historically.

Luna has had her fair share but could do with some more. Celestia is in SERIOUS need of some episodes (she's been beaten by the fandom terribly. molestia and trollestia anyone?  :adorkable: ) Starlight also needs more episodes to allow the fandom to get used to her and really see where she's headed as a prominent character. Twilight's been such a "thick core" of the show that I think she's kinda starting to become overrated (even though I'm as much of a fan of Twilight as your average chick is a fan of Justin Bieber :lol: )

Edited by Shabb3r

I hope not, because I'm tired of Luna episodes, give one to Celestia dammit and no, not a Luna + Celestia episode, a Celestia episode without Luna.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

No and I have good reason.

If you remember the first and second episode, which you should... The little happy spawn of Cadence and Shining Armor is the main focus of this season. Like the last season was Starlight Glimmer focused. We were just lucky to get to see Princess Luna in what I call the "fluff episodes". She most likely is just going to be another background pony that flexed to fit the story of whatever episode she is in. I am sure when the writers make a episode focused on the actual theme of the season we won't see her.

Edited by Sals