Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games you can always go back to

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven is one. An oldie but a goodie. Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age get a look in every now and then. Also Skyrim, and Diablo 3.

League of Legends is one. Though the community is pretty terrible and the ranking system is completely rigged, this game is still a fun, addicting game that loses little flavor for me. I can still wreck pub matches with plenty of different picks (most primarily Vayne and my new main, Jhin). The game is really more of a game I can't stop playing.

Team Fortress 2 is another. I mean I can keep going back to the game (although it has become less populated recently :() and still be the best sniper on any given Harvest server. TF2 is always fun, and my second favorite game OF ALL TIME.

And my favorite that I seem to not play much anymore: Borderlands. The game's psychopathic humor never gets old, and every time I play it it's still refreshing. I will also never forget the elemental and headshot kill animations. It is the only game I have played in a long time other than the two above it. That may change if I decide to get a 2DS and a few games like Smash 4.

most Command & Conquer games (especially Red Alert 2)

Agreed. Although I enjoyed SCII WoL, and it's a better game mechanically, I still go back to the C&C games far more often (well, the original command and conquer is really quite rough around the edges, so less of that.)

Rome Total War is another one (the original, mark you) that I still enjoy, X3 Albion Prelude requires me to be in the right mindset but it's huge fun when I am (why do space combat when you can do space economics, buy five destroyers and throw them at the enemy), and occasionally Titan Quest. 

Xenoblade Chronicles. Running around that world is one of the greatest joys in gaming if you ask me... :wub:

RE4's also always been a nice go to, and I feel the Souls games will be that way for me as well down the line. :)

And of course jumping into a match of Smash Bros. is never a problem when I feel like it. ;)

RE4 is still amazing to this day, and I am glad that Xenoblade Chronicles if FINALLY coming to the Wii U virtual shop so some of us can play it for the first time. The limited print for the Wii made it expensive to get and I was not getting a New 3DS to play one game. So this will hopefully deflate the value of the original Wii disks and make the game more accessible to people.

I'd say the Halo games I can go back to, especially if I've got some mates over - it's a shame split screen was removed for 5.

Halo 3 and Reach are the two I'd say are the easiest to go back to.

Final Fantasy IX is another (I'm actually in the middle of a play through currently XD)

The Fallout games (3 onwards)

Elite Dangerous - granted its not been out for that long, but I find I can go a few months without playing it and then jump right back into it and find it just as gripping as before.

Finally, the Mass Effect Series. I can't just play one of them though, I've got to play them all in order (hopefully 2 and 3 will get backwards compatibility on the Xbox One soon since my 360 rrod'd on me). Ignoring the ending to 3, they all hold up really well imo, and I get completely drawn in each time I have another play through

For retired game systems? Ohh so many!

NES:

SMB trilogy

Faxanadu

Crystalis

Both Zeldas

Castlevania trilogy

Both Battletoads games

Double Dragon

Contra

Blaster Master

Metal Storm

Duck Hunt

Yoshi

Kid Icarus

Kirby's Adventure

Maniac Mansion

The Mega Man games

Punch Out

River City Ransom

StarTropics

Wheel of Fortune

Metroid

SNES:

Super Mario World

Yoshi's Island

Super Metroid

DKC Trilogy

Earthbound

Pocky and Rocky 1 and 2

Tetris Attack

Mega Man X 1 and 3. I don't like 2.

Sega Genesis:

Sonic the Hedgehog games

Ecco the Dolphin

Toejam and Earl's Panic on Funkotron

Streets of Rage

GBC:

Pokemon Crystal

Mega Man V and Dr. Wily's Revenge

Kirby's Dreamland 1 and 2

Link's Awakening DX

TLoZ: Oracles

GBA:

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

Golden Sun games

Pokemon Sapphire

Pokemon Pinball Ruby and Sapphire

Mega Man Zero games

Spyro The Eternal Night

Minish Cap

Konami's Crazy Racers

Edited by Leave a Whisper

I also play a lot of SNES games over again, mostly because I grew up with that console.

I guess if you play it as much as I do it's inevitable. >.<

I mean, I do kinda get annoyed when I lose a game that matters but I play it pretty casually so I don't mind losing.

I mean, I do kinda get annoyed when I lose a game that matters but I play it pretty casually so I don't mind losing.

I can never play area for that reason, and I only ladder occasionally, but I agree that it's if not completely relaxing then at least much less stressful than other games I play.

There's countless games I love and could fall back on so I'll just name the biggest ones I can think of off the top of my head.

SNES: Tetris Attack (I've spent way to much of my life on that one) and Super Metroid

PS1: Final Fantasy VII (best game of all time in my opinion)

PS2: Final Fantasy X

PC: Minecraft (There's something calming about spending hours just mining and building)

• Brohoof 2

I can always go back to F.E.A.R - it's timeless and it's always fun to replay.

FEAR_DVD_box_art.jpg

Hmmmm well games I always go back to:

Okami

Persona 3

Persona 4

FFX

Pokemon: Gold

Pokemon: Yellow

KH 2