Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you wear a watch?

Member Berry

Yes I indeed wear a watch...and several bracelets.

Police watch, I wear it in my left wrist and never go anywhere without it. 

I don't like to take my phone from my pocket just for a clock, and I don't even take my phone with me that often.

51%2BNtBo3vHL.jpg

I used to wear a watch all the time, and then along came the mobile phone, so when my last watch stopped working I never bothered replaced it. But now I'm starting to look at getting a smart watch to go with my iPhone, just because I still miss having something on my wrist.

I've tried plenty of times, but the watch ended up being too small for my wrist and kept facing downward more often than it did up. Difficult to tell the time if you can't see it. 

I do. In all honesty, checking the time on your watch is way faster than pulling out your phone/device to check the time. Not only that, but watches can be stylish! And it's like what say: Better to look fabulous than unfabulous XD.

~Lunatone

I do not, In fact I rarely actually check the time, I just roll with whatever  :orly:

But seriously I just look at my phone, since I always keep it in my hand and not pocket its just easier.

No. I don't have any reason to since I always carry my phone when I go somewhere. Even if I didn't, I doubt I'd be wearing a watch because I hate wearing uncomfortable stuff and watches are waaaaaaay too uncomfortable for me. They sit there and give unnecessary weight to my arm.. They're in the way and just uuh.. no, ew.

Whenever I leave the house I put mine on, yeah. It's an old, cheap Timex Expedition, but it's served me well and I have no intention of replacing it yet, whether with a new watch or just using my phone. I like that it's analogue too, I prefer analogue over digital or 24-hour. I'm also one of those apparently-strange people who wears their watch on their dominant hand, my right.

(edited)

I do, but sadly I've recently misplaced mine. I took it off and put it down somewhere in my house and forgot where. Now I can't find it.

When I have one, I wear it all the time. I prefer analog over digital.

Edited by El Duderino

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a watch for awhile, was a real nice silver one. Problem is that it constantly caught on my arm hair which became rather painful. Now a phone is enough for me.

• 1 year later...

I think I first started wearing a watch reguarly when I was 8 or 9 years old. I hated not knowing the time and having to ask people. And I've worn one ever since. I don't care so much about watches for fashion though, I wear a $20 digital watch, I wear one for practicality. I'll wear a watch as long as I can still buy one, and forty years from now when high end watches(ones designed for fashion not practicality) along with smart watches are the only ones availble, I'll still buy one of those if only for spite.

Just now, Tilgoreth said:

I think I first started wearing a watch reguarly when I was 8 or 9 years old. I hated not knowing the time and having to ask people. And I've worn one ever since. I don't care so much about watches for fashion though, I wear a $20 digital watch, I wear one for practicality. I'll wear a watch as long as I can still buy one, and forty years from now when high end watches(ones designed for fashion not practicality) along with smart watches are the only ones availble, I'll still buy one of those if only for spite.

Also I prefer digital over analog for practical reasons. It's just more acurate, and I'm an idiot so it always takes me a few seconds to see what time it is on a traditional clock face.