Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is a seventh element a good idea?

HoovesOnIce

There have been tons of theories about the possibility of a seventh element.  Many people think the seventh element might be Sunset Shimmer, Starlight glimmer, Spike or maybe even Starswirl. But the question is, would this seventh element be a good idea for this to have?

If the show staff put it into the show how would play out and would it change up the story too much?

If Spike was the seventh element then most likely not. He's been in the show since the beginning so him being an element wouldn't change anything too much but the others would most likely add a huge change.

Post what you think.

Is having a seventh element a good idea for the show staff to add?

The chance that the seventh element may be about forgiveness, conflicts both Starlight and Sunset story arcs. Who knows, we may never actually see an seventh element because the show is too far now to fully flesh it out.

• Brohoof 2

I didn't think that the elements were still relevant after Season 4, seems like nothing is mentioned at all in recent seasons because I think the writers didn't want to tire us out with the same repetitive stuff all the time.

• Brohoof 1

This really depends but what makes me question is that the actual elements themselves are not much of a thing in the show anymore. Sure, the mane 6 are still the Elements of Harmony, I guess you can say they are the spiritual holders of the elements, but ever since the physical incarnations were put to rest, there hasn't been much said about them so it will seem kinda out of the blue, but I still see it happening. 

This really depends but what makes me question is that the actual elements themselves are not much of a thing in the show anymore. Sure, the mane 6 are still the Elements of Harmony, I guess you can say they are the spiritual holders of the elements, but ever since the physical incarnations were put to rest, there hasn't been much said about them so it will seem kinda out of the blue, but I still see it happening. 

Can't we say that the physical incarnations of the elements are the mane 6 actually? I mean, it's pretty much because of their existence that the use of the elements is possible.. .I don't think they need the jewelry anymore, they seem to be developping their strength (honesty, generosity...) in the new season, so who knows... but I'm probably saying  nonsense, sooooo...

No I do not think adding a 7th element is a good idea as this opens up alot of questions like why was their no seventh element previously seen before when it could've helped the other elements out, what does that make Sunset Shimmer than as she's essentially an alicorn judging by the appearances, why does Starlight Glimmer need to be an element, and why did the tree held it back to begin with and away from Celestia and Luna from snatching it? 

Season 4's premiere was the last time they could've feasibly pulled it off upon discovering the tree in my opinion. I feel it is too late for this idea to be done well.

• Brohoof 2

No I do not think adding a 7th element is a good idea as this opens up alot of questions like why was their no seventh element previously seen before when it could've helped the other elements out, what does that make Sunset Shimmer than as she's essentially an alicorn judging by the appearances, why does Starlight Glimmer need to be an element, and why did the tree held it back to begin with and away from Celestia and Luna from snatching it? 

Season 4's premiere was the last time they could've feasibly pulled it off upon discovering the tree in my opinion. I feel it is too late for this idea to be done well.

Well, a seventh element was seen Friendship is magic part 2 and Secret of my excess. The possibility of both those times being animation errors we aren't quite sure.

Okay, my question is: Why the buck are their theories on having a 7th element? To start off with, the elements don't really play much of a part to the series anymore. Then there's the Tree of Harmony that has only the 6 slots for where the elements go into, and of course they were returned to the tree to restore it's full power and all that.

Logically, there can't be a 7th element because it doesn't seem to realistically fit into the construct of the Tree of Harmony. That tree is suppose to be the soul source of Harmony and it's elements. And then there's the spirits of harmony which are the mane 6; I can't see how a 7th can fit into all of this. It would ruin the concept within the country or Equestria (Yes I call Equestria a country).

What I'm trying to get at is the 6 existing elements make up the full power of Harmony, so this would mean a 7th would not connect to the other 6 elements, so I just can't seem to understand how a 7th would work.

It's like putting 6 special batteries into an electronical device to make it work. Why would it need an extra one? and how would an extra one fit into the damn thing? It just doesn't. There's no logic to it.

Edited by Lightning Dash
  • Brohoof 1

I've been theorizing for a while that there possibly will be a seventh element, and that element would belong to Starlight. I thought about Sunset, but she sin't really part of the main story arc for MLP :/ 

A seventh element at this point feels too much like desperation on the part of the writers. It's superfluous the same as adding Starlight Shimmer into the Mane (7 now?) It's not a natural fit and seems way too forced. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, a seventh element was seen Friendship is magic part 2 and Secret of my excess. The possibility of both those times being animation errors we aren't quite sure.

I would say most likely they would be errors as if such piece of the elements of the harmony existed, I feel we would've seen it already as that would mean such an idea has been floating around since S1 or it may have been dropped or altered to something else instead.

• Brohoof 1

At this point the Elements of Harmony don't play a role in the show and aren't needed anymore.

And I would like it to stay the way.

Adding another element of harmony would end up feeling really forced and contrived if it were to ever happen.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think a seventh (or ugh, eighth ) element of harmony would be beneficial; furthermore, Sunset and Starlight's roles are important as they are without an element: how can a normal pony (person) utilize the elements of harmony within themselves to be a good friend. They're the audience's role put into action.

Okay, my question is: Why the buck are their theories on having a 7th element? To start off with, the elements don't really play much of a part to the series anymore. Then there's the Tree of Harmony that has only the 6 slots for where the elements go into, and of course they were returned to the tree to restore it's full power and all that.

Logically, there can't be a 7th element because it doesn't seem to realistically fit into the construct of the Tree of Harmony. That tree is suppose to be the soul source of Harmony and it's elements. And then there's the spirits of harmony which are the mane 6; I can't see how a 7th can fit into all of this. It would ruin the concept within the country or Equestria (Yes I call Equestria a country).

What I'm trying to get at is the 6 existing elements make up the full power of Harmony, so this would mean a 7th would not connect to the other 6 elements, so I just can't seem to understand how a 7th would work.

It's like putting 6 special batteries into an electronical device to make it work. Why would it need an extra one? and how would an extra one fit into the damn thing? It just doesn't. There's no logic to it.

Simple version: the 6 already-existing ones more or less have all the broad friendship categories covered, and a new 7th would more than likely just be some superfluous spinoff of one of the original 6.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I already said this some time ago but,

Honestly, what element would it be ? Forgiveness ? Do you feel like being forgiven is an important trait for somepony ? Point is, it's not, since it's not a trait.

Also, even if you consider it the other way around : Somepony ready to forgive others, etc etc.. It will take a lot of time. Whether we are talking about Starlight or Sunset, would you take it seriously if the previous villain (harming innocent ones) travels in Equestria to show his forgiveness ?

If the recent events have proven anything, it's the ever-lasting power of friendship across Equestria, that's all.

Edited by ConcorDisparate

(edited)

The seventh element would be the element of 'holy crap, we've written ourselves into a massive plot hole and we need a serious MacGuffin Ex Machina to get ourselves out of it!'

The elements have pretty much had their time, they've fulfilled their role, and been retired back to the tree, to be replaced with another power, even more potent.  There is absolutely no need for a seventh element, especially the one I keep hearing about, forgiveness, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  Each of the six elements are embodied in a pony that displays that element as the core part of their personality, so having Sunset (or Starlight) as the element of forgiveness makes a mockery of the entire system because both of those ponies were the forgiven not the forgiver.

Seven wonders of the world.

Seven seals.

seven trumpets.

SIX elements of harmony, deal with it. :)

Edited by Concerned Bystander
  • Brohoof 1

It is one of those things that isn't needed unless a right scenario about the possible 7th element, would have to make sense and have the right element bearer.