Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Love's Flower Blooms (2.0)

Rokkurin

@@Denim&Venom,

Quill was intrigued by the bat pony but she was not intending to do anything other than drink at that stage company would be nice but she was not in the mood to seek any. She walked over to the bar ordered a drink and started on her mission to forget today...

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Ruby adjusted her glasses as the Trottingham mare went to the bar. "Guess that's all I'll be getting out of her for now."

After finishing the adjustment of her tuning, Ruby got started on the next song she would play. If they didn't like it, then they could kick her out.

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

Quill stopped drinking and turned to face her... "Ok I am not drinking tonight I am talking to her!" She hoped off her stool and walked over to the mare. 

"That was quite amazing there miss, why are you playing in a dump like this?" She waited for her response by taking another swig of her beer.

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"Why thanks. Seem's to be an on night for me. As to why I'm stuck in a dive like this? It's the only place that will hire me. The only establishment that hires me. Filled with the only patrons who will pay for performances they find favorable. But nice to hear somepony else in here enjoyed it."

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

"Wow really I am talking to some ponies I know getting you out of here you should be fronting a band on national tour not stuck in the drinking den. But yeah you are really good there miss? I'm Quill by the way." she offered a hood to her, hoping to just chat get her mind of the day. 

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Ruby hoof bumped it. "Ruby.  Nice to hear that you think so highly of me. But don't waste your efforts. Equestria is supersaturated with wanna be musicians as it is. We're a dime a dozen. Nothing I can do will make me stand out. Best I can do is enjoy having the chance to play at all and make a living doing any other job I can get." 

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

"Well if you say so there Ruby, but I like your playing anyway your pleasing this old mare."  She went and got a chair and sat down in front of her little area. "Play as much as you like I'm gonna sit here and enjoy your lovely guitar skills there miss Ruby." She took another sip.

(edited)

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Ruby was a little surprised "An audience, here to see little old me? I'd never thought I'd bear witness to the day. Even if it is only an audience of one. I will take what I can get. This little number, goes out to the young lady in the front row. Hope you enjoy what you hear." 

"Don't get stage fight Ruby. It's only pen mare. A cute one. Who likes your music. But only one nonetheless!"

https://youtu.be/VEl8gxjXRig?t=58s

(play at x1.25 speed)

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom, Guardian was stunned as he listened to the mare play. "That was amazing! I don't think I have ever heard anypony play like that!" He exclaimed while clapping his hooves once again. After he was done clapping, his stomach decided to but in. "Oops, must have skipped dinner. Again. And I'm not in the mood for some bar food. Maybe SugarCube Corner is still open." He gave the mare 30 bits for her performance and left.

After a quick run, he made it to the store. He went inside and saw that the place was rather empty, save for a mare sitting down with her head on the table. "Hey," he said in order to get her attention, "Are you alright?" @@VinylWubs,

Renee lifted her head up gently, turning her attention towards the stallion. "I'm okay.. Just.. Alone and.. I don't know.. Awkward.." She sighed before looking at her watch. Sure she was very nice to stallions and mares young, old and newborn but.. For some reason she felt really alone and upset. "Sorry.. Am I in the way or something?"

@@VinylWubs, Guardian smiled at the mare, "Oh no. You are not in the way at all. I was just curious as to why you had your head down. Its not everyday someone puts there head down for no reason. Is there anything that I can help with?" he asked. He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable. Just wanting to know if there was anything he can do. If there was one thing he was good at, it was helping others.

@@Denim&Venom,

She was not paying any attention to the rest of the bar but when Ruby finished she clapped vigorously for Ruby. "Ruby that there was an amazing piece of music I do say! How did you do that!? your (gonna take a guess) wings were going so fast at parts my eyes could not keep up that was crazy!" 

@@VinylWubs, Guardian smiled at the mare, "Oh no. You are not in the way at all. I was just curious as to why you had your head down. Its not everyday someone puts there head down for no reason. Is there anything that I can help with?" he asked. He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable. Just wanting to know if there was anything he can do. If there was one thing he was good at, it was helping others.

Renee looks at the stallion with a unusual look on her face. "I'm just.. I don't know how to put it into words. Let's say, I haven't had a nice today. Seeing ponies happily skip along and do romantic things with each other. Makes me remind of how lonely I am without anyone. Sure.. I have friends that really likes but.. Not in a romantic way. I know I sound desperate but.. I really hate being alone.." She sighed before trying to put on a friendly smile. "T-the name's Renee Tweaker..but everyone calls me Renee or.. Miss Tweaker." What was she doing with herself? She had no idea but try to avoid the situation at hand.

Ruby shrugged. "Years and years of practice. All day. Every day. Flying everywhere. Strength training every part of my wings. And overall, a passion for heavy music. Whether it's classical, whether it's jazz, whether it's blues, whether it's heavy metal. Especially if it's heavy metal. But I'm glad I managed to impress a pony or two tonight.

You've been a beautiful audience."

@@VinylWubs, Guardians smile faltered for a second. He turned his head and looked out the window and let her words sink in, "Loneliness," he repeated, "Is something that I have known for a long time." He took in a heavy breath and sighed, turning his head back to the mare, "I try not to dwell on it. I keep a smile on my face, so that everypony would see me as being happy. But on the inside..." he paused. "I'm sorry. This is not the time for that. So, you said your name is Renee Tweaker? My name Is Guardian Angel. Or as everyone likes to call me, Guardian."

@@VinylWubs, Guardians smile faltered for a second. He turned his head and looked out the window and let her words sink in, "Loneliness," he repeated, "Is something that I have known for a long time." He took in a heavy breath and sighed, turning his head back to the mare, "I try not to dwell on it. I keep a smile on my face, so that everypony would see me as being happy. But on the inside..." he paused. "I'm sorry. This is not the time for that. So, you said your name is Renee Tweaker? My name Is Guardian Angel. Or as everyone likes to call me, Guardian."

Her eyes shrunk for at least a second before going huge from, what she realised, wasn't really polite to say towards a stallion. "O-oh.. Sorry Guardian! I-I never talk about this whenever I make a new friend.. Gosh darn it.. I'm an idiot. Umm, anyway.. What brings you towards this mare? Need anything repaired? I'm your mare, Got a problem with somethin- Oh who am I kidding.. I'm only trying to avoid the situation.." Renee avoids eye contact towards him as she face planted herself into the table again. Yes, this was very unlikely Renees normal attitude towards others but something has to be done or she's done for!

@@Denim&Venom,

"Well you've sure Impressed me there miss Ruby. Is this all for tonight then? If it is can we keep talking at least? Or do you like have somthing to do or a place to go?" She sat there waiting for an answer hopping she'd talk to her more but she'd understand if she did not.

@@VinylWubs, Guardian shook his head when she asked if he had anything that needed fixing, "I'm sorry, but I do not. And for the reason as to why I am here, I got hungry and wanted something to eat. Bar food didn't sound so appealing, but maybe some nice fresh baked goods will help."

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"No, not really. I play till they kick me out. Go to sleep till I get up for work in the morning. Sooooo...no. I'll stay here all night. As long as your here all night too. Unless of course, you have something to do or a place to go?" Ruby asked, setting her guitar down. 

@@VinylWubs, Guardian shook his head when she asked if he had anything that needed fixing, "I'm sorry, but I do not. And for the reason as to why I am here, I got hungry and wanted something to eat. Bar food didn't sound so appealing, but maybe some nice fresh baked goods will help."

She lifts her head again before looking at the counter of sweet treats that were waiting to get eaten. "Now that you mentioned food, I could go with a little snack or two. I'm gonna get something from there." She said while making her way towards the selection on the delicious items. Let's see.. Cupcakes.. Cake.. Muffins.. Ahh fudge it.. I'm going with blueberry muffin.. .

"Are.. You gonna get something or gonna stand there Guardian?"

@@Denim&Venom,

"Me? No I have no where to go especially now...that you are talking to me. Uh hem Well you gonna play some more? Or are you gonna sit and talk to little old me?" She shifted on her seat and took another nervous sip, why was she suddenly nervous around her? She did not have a clue.

• Brohoof 1

@@VinylWubs, Guardian smiled and shook his head with a small hearty laugh. "Yeah, I'm going to get something." He replied. The yellow stallion made his way up to the counter and looked at all the delicious bakeries. "Hmmmm. I think I am going to have the Strawberry Muffin. Or maybe a fig...No. No. Strawberries it is."

@@VinylWubs, Guardian smiled and shook his head with a small hearty laugh. "Yeah, I'm going to get something." He replied. The yellow stallion made his way up to the counter and looked at all the delicious bakeries. "Hmmmm. I think I am going to have the Strawberry Muffin. Or maybe a fig...No. No. Strawberries it is."

Renee let out a soft giggle from her adorable muzzle. "Alright, I'm getting the blueberry muffin.." She walks up to the counter and smiled at the cashier. "Hi, can I get a singular blueberry muffin please?" The worker nodded, getting her request on a plate and bringing it over to the unicorn. Renee looks into her purse, getting out the required bits to pay. She paid the cashier and leviatied her plate towards the same table she was at before.

@@VinylWubs, After Renee bought her treat and went back to her spot, Guardian walked up and asked for a Strawberry Muffin. The worker smiled, nodded his head and went to fetch his treat. After a few seconds he came back and handed him to food. Guardian took the muffin on the plate and paid for it. He turned around and walked over to the unicorn, "Is it alright if I sit with you?" he asked.

@@VinylWubs, After Renee bought her treat and went back to her spot, Guardian walked up and asked for a Strawberry Muffin. The worker smiled, nodded his head and went to fetch his treat. After a few seconds he came back and handed him to food. Guardian took the muffin on the plate and paid for it. He turned around and walked over to the unicorn, "Is it alright if I sit with you?" he asked.

Renee nodded gently before patting the seats next to her. "Go ahead! There's a lot of free chairs around so.. Make yourself comfortable with your strawberry muffin!" She smiled before gently eating the muffin that was on her plate. Things were really turning up for the mare. Firstly, she had met a random stallion and secondly, she's having a bite to eat with him! Renee sighed lightly before looking at the stallion. "So.. Tell me a bit about yourself.."

@@VinylWubs, Guardian sat next to the unicorn mare and took one bite from his muffin. Once he swallowed the delicious treat he spoke, "Well, I have been traveling around the world the last few years, learning all I can from the different races on self defense. It was rather enjoyable to say the least. I was sent out by none other than Princess Celestia herself. I was in her Royal Guard for about a year before she asked. I just got back recently." He took another bite. "What about yourself?"