Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Weather Thread

Sunlight

It finally happened. We broke the snow storm drought. Nothing major, but 4 to 5 inches has been reported, and there's still some light snow on the way. This is the first time we've seen more than 2 inches since February of 2011! (And that two inches only happened once, every other snow event has been a dusting or a trace, if even that).

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Envy said:

It finally happened. We broke the snow storm drought. Nothing major, but 4 to 5 inches has been reported, and there's still some light snow on the way. This is the first time we've seen more than 2 inches since February of 2011! (And that two inches only happened once, every other snow event has been a dusting or a trace, if even that).

I keep remembering it was 2010 since it was the end of my sophomore year, February 23 :wacko: .
Also got a bit of that here down below. It’s really patchy though :P .

6 hours ago, WWolf said:

I keep remembering it was 2010 since it was the end of my sophomore year, February 23 :wacko: .
Also got a bit of that here down below. It’s really patchy though :P .

TBH, I don't remember 2010. I do remember the overall winter of 2009/2010 being a good one because in December we had a blizzard that brought us our first white Christmas in like ten years (low and behold, now it's been another ten years lol). But I don't remember anything from early 2010...

The 2011 storm I'm talking about happened right at the very beginning of February. It brought over a foot of snow, drifts, and then temperatures that went well below 0.

2 hours ago, Envy said:

TBH, I don't remember 2010. I do remember the overall winter of 2009/2010 being a good one because in December we had a blizzard that brought us our first white Christmas in like ten years (low and behold, now it's been another ten years lol). But I don't remember anything from early 2010...

The 2011 storm I'm talking about happened right at the very beginning of February. It brought over a foot of snow, drifts, and then temperatures that went well below 0.

It might have been a separate storm then :wacko: .

1 minute ago, Pat Thundersnow said:

We had about 2 inches of snow over the past couple days. Gonna see some sunshine to begin Friday before some more light snow moves in.

Oooo, I wish here was snow too, we had only a few that melted away fast. :(
(Here now it is cloudy)

It's been pissing outside for the past two days or so (we've had a constant flood watch), so not great. I just wish it would snow. We got a patchy inch of the stuff in December, and that's it. I swear, Virginia has the weirdest fucking weather, especially in the mountains. One day it's a high of 10 degrees and sunny, the next it's a low of 40 and it rains all day.

3 minutes ago, Booker said:

It's been pissing outside for the past two days or so (we've had a constant flood watch), so not great. I just wish it would snow. We got a patchy inch of the stuff in December, and that's it. I swear, Virginia has the weirdest fucking weather, especially in the mountains. One day it's a high of 10 degrees and sunny, the next it's a low of 40 and it rains all day.

Welcome to the bipolar weather that we have in Illinois every single winter.

Just now, Treeglow Flicker said:

She tried to steal mah garden fence! :yeahno:

It's screaming outside. It wants in!

It is going to get worse, I can feel it. I better save something out there before it is too late :crackle: