Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel about FUNKO discontinuing ponies?

ManaMinori

Oh man, I loved those things. :( I got myself Dr Whooves, Applejack and Pinkie figures. That means that the ones in the store near my place are the last ones! I gotta get that Octavia real soon!   :blink:

• Brohoof 1

I'm really surprised and saddened about Funko discontinuing ponies. I have a lot of the figures and it would have been really cool to see other characters turned into funko figures.

Even though the production of Funko ponies isn't too beneficial anymore and I understand the choice, I still feel a little sad because Funko ponies are my favorite kind of MLP merchandise. So far I only have one myself, Fluttershy.

Also, I don't really feel like a petition could change anything either.

Wait wait wait wait, they have dropped MLP Funko altogether? That is rather depressing to be honest. Those figures were awesome collectibles, I have several of them and they were some of the first collectibles I witnessed after joining the fandom and wanting them so badly, then I finally did get them. I really don't like seeing them done away with like this...I guess it is just business but still......

• Brohoof 1

I've saw that coming to be honest, as the Hot Topic stores I've visited in the last months, their availability has been rather limited. I've stopped seeing POPs, and the vinyls were usually Shining Armor, Cheese Sandwich, or Maud..... not to mention that I bought my Scoots at a lower price than what indicated the tag, which was a sign that it was on clearance  

(edited)

I don’t care to much to be honest, there’s plenty of other places to get pony merch. And besides if what the other posters have said is true about them not selling you’ll have plenty of chance to go buy some

Edited by LinuxLounge

I don’t care to much to be honest, there’s plenty of other places to get pony merch. And besides if what the other posters have said is true about them not selling you’ll have plenty of chance to go buy some

That is not true with the demand high and supply low the price of it will rise alot.

(edited)

I am totally bumbed about this. I HAD a Big Mac but I had to return it because something came up and I needed that money a few weeks ago, and now I don't know if I will be able to get him again! :( AND I just got offered a San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Glitter Derpy for $30 at BABScon, but i passed that up too!  :angry:  Besides that one though, I have an Applejack, Blue Discord, Normal Discord, Cheese Sandwich, Maud Pie, and I just bought a  San Diego Comic Con exclusive GLITTER Rainbow Dash!!! The person I bought it from just wanted to get rid of it and so I bought it for $30. :wub: And in case you don't know how much they go for, on ebay and amazon, the cheapest I found was $149!   :umad:

Edited by frenchie1995

I wonder if they're actually dropping ponies for good... There's a slight possibility that they'll produce a movie-related line when the movie comes out in 2017.

Petition? Man, SALES are the real petition, not names on a list. Names on a list mean nothing, as they aren't money. Money and sales? that's basically names on a list except with MONEY flowing into their coffers.

Correct.

Just goes to show, the Brony ride and FIM meme is done for: in the past these things would sell because FIM was still a meme and the brony fandom was still huge and rolling with momentum. Now, the meme's dead and these things aren't huge and celebrated like they were in the past (OH CRAP?! Did you see?! They're making stuff for BRONIES! we matter! Lets all go out and buy them and talk about them!).

More or less. Bronies are a fad and one that's been past due to die out. It's getting close to that time. It was a fun run though.

That is not true with the demand high and supply low the price of it will rise alot.

Is the demand REALLY that high though if they stopped producing them? I mean they clearly did because they weren't selling anymore, so the demand can't be that high.

Seriously? I only have two FUNKO ponies, Derpy and Doctor, I was looking to getting Lyra and Bon Bon since they're my fave besties.

I guess there's other ways to get pony merch though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When they say "discontinue" 

Does that mean that they will still make the current figures, but not make new ones?

Or does it mean that they stop making them period?

If they dropped it their economic profits must have been too low so they left the market. Also, they were among the largest makers of adult MLP collectables, so if they left that market, it isn't a good sign. It must mean that it isn't profitable for them as the number of their sales has fallen. Hence, the lower economic profits that I stated before. So, if this is right then the adult MLP market may be shrinking as the demand for these goods has fallen, the producers won't supply anymore. As an MLP fan I hate their choice, but as a business major I can understand them.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

I pretty much got all the full-size figurines I wanted with the Mane Six, Crusaders, Royal Family, and a few secondary characters. Though I'm disappointed in not being able to get the Mystery Mini ones as well since they've been discontinued, I'm more than willing to sign the petition to have Funko resume production of them again in the future so I can complete my collection.

Well, that's sad.  I always liked seeing them in stores, but I never bought any, though.  I'd rather have wearable merch.  But I just enjoyed seeing MLP figures geared for older viewers.  I felt a sense of vindication when I saw them in stores.

wish theyd bring them back. =( was looking forward to nightmare moon. apart from the odd paint job fails, they really are great quality figures and so so much nicer to have than the pops. Those bloody pops are going mental, theres too many now. 

Funko obviously haven't completely cut ties with Hasbro, the Mystery Mini Power Ponies are a recent release.  It is a shame about them discontinuing the large vinyls though, I managed to get a good few of them but there was a few that I was hoping would see the light of day but alas it seems that is not to be the case.  I did manage to get the full mane 6, the CMC, the other three princesses, Shining Armor, Big Mac, Derpy and Daring do, so I guess I did okay out of them.