Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, some time not too long ago, there was something tweeted about "not all alicorns keep their wings". After today's episode with how Twilight acted towards Starlight and Trixie, it made me think a bit...

Twilight has been kinda uppity and egotistical since season 5 started, but in S5 is was kinda small and gradual...but S6 she seems to be REALLY blowing it out there. I somehow doubt today was her peak in that....

So, after thinking a bit I thought of a theory...Twilight is going to get her wings taken away and be a non-princess or whatever. Considering how she's been acting recently, and how she seems to be forgetting or ignoring what she learned through the first 3 seasons, and her gradual progress in S4, made me think she's gonna lose her alicorn status, and have to probably go through some relearning thing to realize what she's been doing.

Anyone else think so? I know it would be kinda lame IMO, but I also thought that with the news of the pony movie, that maybe she might end up being a unicorn before it, then re-earn it in the movie?

• Brohoof 1

I think this would be the worst move to take.

I said it before and i say it again. I would rather see this angle crash and burn, then the writers doing a copout and make Twi lose her wings. The writers would pretty much say "we give up. We can't make this work." And that's the worst thing you can say.

• Brohoof 4

I think this would be the worst move to take.

I said it before and i say it again. I would rather see this angle crash and burn, then the writers doing a copout and make Twi lose her wings. The writers would pretty much say "we give up. We can't make this work." And that's the worst thing you can say.

Maybe they could make it temporary ...

they could have it be a season finale with twilight regaining her wings at the end when she realizes her faults and owns up to her mistakes. A twilight redemption plot sounds intriguing to me for some reason. °¬°

It's really not fitting into the show. After all the episodes I watched, I feel like Celestia tells Twilight she's lame, and then Twilight goes like "ohh noes, what will I do?" And goes over all the things her friends have taught her, and realizes she mustn't dissapoint them.

I think it would be bad if they took away her wings permanently. However, I think is would be a good story arc for her to loose her wings, and have to get them back, like what @ said.

I'm not saying she'll lose them for good, but I think she will lose them, and be forced to re-earn them after realizing she's been forgetting everything she's learned over the seasons.

I'm usually strongly against anyone losing their powers / abilities / what have you.  You see this sort of thing in superhero films and story arcs a lot, and it always bugs me.  But...  Idunno where it concerns Twilight.  I wouldn't even be wholly against her losing alicorn princess status and just going back to being the Twi she was leading up to her transformation in my least favorite episode in all of FIM.  Unicorn Twi who still boasts a lot of magical ability; not the end of the world.

I'm not saying she'll lose them for good, but I think she will lose them, and be forced to re-earn them after realizing she's been forgetting everything she's learned over the seasons.

But that would be a rehash and that's even more lazy writing. You can't just make this a theme of a whole season, or worse 2 seasons.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Twilight, you're acting slightly more uppity than usual, so I'm gonna rip your wings off and demote you. You won't get them back until you relearn everything you did in the past."

Do you not know how absurd and extreme that sounds? Not to mention incredibly pointless

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 3

You do realize, Hasbro has pulled this stunt with some characters before, and they didn't get much backlash on it. It's not out of their realm of story concepts.

You do realize, Hasbro has pulled this stunt with some characters before, and they didn't get much backlash on it. It's not out of their realm of story concepts.

But that dosen't justify it, that it wouldn't be a complete copout.

This would be ABSOLUTELY stupid. You mean to tell me that it would be a GOOD idea to basically destroy EVERYTHING that Twilight has worked towards for the past 5 seasons? I am sorry, but that would be enough for me to say 'f*ck it, I'm out', even if they did it only temporarily. It would be lazy, pointless, and all around stupid. 

I really f*cking hope they aren't setting this kind of shit up by making Twilight seem so stupid as of late. It doesn't make any f*cking sense to do that.

As you can tell, even the thought of this pisses me off. 

• Brohoof 2

This would be ABSOLUTELY stupid. You mean to tell me that it would be a GOOD idea to basically destroy EVERYTHING that Twilight has worked towards for the past 5 seasons? I am sorry, but that would be enough for me to say 'f*ck it, I'm out', even if they did it only temporarily. It would be lazy, pointless, and all around stupid. 

I really f*cking hope they aren't setting this kind of shit up by making Twilight seem so stupid as of late. It doesn't make any f*cking sense to do that.

As you can tell, even the thought of this pisses me off. 

Considering they pulled that stunt with Optimus Prime, it really wouldn't surprise me. At this point, the best anyone can hope for is it'll be only a few episodes long, like his was.

Considering they pulled that stunt with Optimus Prime, it really wouldn't surprise me. At this point, the best anyone can hope for is it'll be only a few episodes long, like his was.

No, they shouldn't do it at all. What exactly would be accomplished? Oh, them showing us that the Princess of FRIENDSHIP which has been a main focal point for two whole seasons, will be unworthy of her title all of sudden? Rendering all that she did before to be completely moot? F*ck. That. 

No, they shouldn't do it at all. What exactly would be accomplished? Oh, them showing us that the Princess of FRIENDSHIP which has been a main focal point for two whole seasons, will be unworthy of her title all of sudden? Rendering all that she did before to be completely moot? F*ck. That. 

Well, she sure hasn't been acting like she is a Princess of Friendship lately.

• Brohoof 1

Well, she sure hasn't been acting like she is a Princess of Friendship lately.

And you know what that is? Out of character BULLSHIT. If they seriously are taking the route of 'let's make Twilight act totally out of character in order to justify screwing her over! YEAH!' then I will be even more pissed off.

Firstly, where is this Tweet you speak of? Who Tweeted it?

Secondly: NEW THEORY: What if they are referring to Flurry Heart? Think about it. Baby alicorn that is an alicorn with no explanation, maybe her abilities are stolen in the finale? That would make WAY more sense to me as Flurry has made literally ONE appearance so far, whereas Twilight has been a princess almost LONGER than she hasn't been. I think this would be a way better idea.

• Brohoof 1

So, some time not too long ago, there was something tweeted about "not all alicorns keep their wings".

You, uh, do know that was very obviously (And confirmed) fake, right?

What you're referring to this, and its an edited version of another post of mcCarthy's

1042817__safe_text_wat_meta_twitter_op+i

"Twilight, you're acting slightly more uppity than usual, so I'm gonna rip your wings off and demote you. You won't get them back until you relearn everything you did in the past."

Do you not know how absurd and extreme that sounds? Not to mention incredibly pointless

Extreme and kinda... dark. What message would that send to little kids the show is targeted at?

"Making a mistake will destroy everything you've ever achieved and worked for"?

Okay, this is the real life and these things happen, but... Telling kids the sad truth doesn't really fit the overall uplifting show.

I mean... In MLP universe you ascend to princesshood for learning how to be a good friend. The show focuses of reaching goals, overcoming your weaknesses and being awarded. Villains get reformed and get second chances. Ripping Twi's wings off is too extreme of a punishment for this kind of show.

Secondly: NEW THEORY: What if they are referring to Flurry Heart? Think about it. Baby alicorn that is an alicorn with no explanation, maybe her abilities are stolen in the finale? That would make WAY more sense to me as Flurry has made literally ONE appearance so far, whereas Twilight has been a princess almost LONGER than she hasn't been. I think this would be a way better idea.

This, however, sound pretty fine to me. :'D But maybe I'm just biased.

• Brohoof 1

You, uh, do know that was very obviously (And confirmed) fake, right?

What you're referring to this, and its an edited version of another post of mcCarthy's

sig-4497126.1042817__safe_text_wat_meta_

That was supposedly proven "fake", after the amount of people hated on Flurry Heart. Because it wasn't long after that was claimed to be false, that Larson started tweeting Flurry Heart memes.

(edited)

If this were to happen, it would be the worst thing to ever come out of the entire series.

Thankfully, I have enough faith in the direction the show is going in, to at least be confident that something like that isn't going to happen.

Edited by cmarston1