Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The City or The Country?

Twisted Cyclone 🚓

Give me rolling hills and beautiful mountains any day, you don't get that kind of beauty in the city  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The city, I love everything about it and I like being close to a lot of things.

Personally, I prefer to try and find a balance between the two. Suburban I suppose? I don't think I'd like living in the heart of a major city. Too noisy, too bustling, too polluted. I like to be able to disconnect and just have a bit of silence when I'm feeling stressed out, something I don't think a city would allow you to do very well. At the same time, I do appreciate some of the benefits civilization brings, and wouldn't want to be completely isolated from it.

Where I live now is a pretty ideal location for me. Nothing too crazy or heavily populated, but has all the amenities I'd like within reasonable distances. :)

I like living in a small town but I keep hoping that there's more to do around here.  I don't like the bustle of a large city like Toronto or something but so long as I have somewhere quiet to calm down, I should be fine.  So I guess it doesn't really matter where I live.

• Brohoof 1

I would prefer the country, but would want it to be within an hour of a decent sized city. Endgame will be my own farm where I can become completely self-sufficient.

• Brohoof 2

I was born in Chicago and lived in the inner city by the loop through my early life. The city attracts me due to the large amount of culture and arts there, i believe my love of blues and jazz stems from coming from an epicenter of those genres. At the same time i have lived half of my life in more secluded areas, moved around a lot, and prefer to have no neighbors. Personally i like being more self-sufficient, and being in the city doesn't really grant you that liberty so i'd have to go with being a good distance away from a city where i can enjoy privacy and freedom to do as i wish on my own land.

My ideal home would be just outside of town. In a small area not quite full on country life, but just far enough out of town to be quiet and where you can actually enjoy the night sky and all of the beautiful stars! I also want to be able to have very complicated directions to get to my house. It would be glorious lol. 

• Brohoof 1

So long as im within driving distance of a major city i dont see why you wouldnt live in the country except for maybe a job. Being closer to nature is intensely rewarding. 

I need to live in the city. However I do much enjoy having rural/country areas nearby so you can visit. The best of both worlds would be to have both close by. I live in SoCal and there's just way too many people here but I couldn't imagine living in a small town where everyone knows everyone's business. Need to find the balance. 

• Brohoof 1

It really depends on my mood. If I want to actually go out and do something interesting, then I would enjoy the city. If I want peace and quiet while enjoying the beauty of nature, the country would be a good option. Although I would much rather live on the outskirts of the city, so I can have some decent quietness while still being close enough to enjoy the amenities the city provides. This is one of the reasons I'm moving to Seattle soon, so I can have a taste of both. :)

(edited)

I prefer to live in a small city or a town. Not too busy or crowded and close to retail stores and other basic necessities at the same time.

Edited by d^_^b

I was born a and bred in the countryside, the 'lake district' in the UK and as such have always been a country pony, choosing to live in some very remote places. When I first moved to Ireland I lived on a small island about 1 mile of the west coast, no electricity, or running water, and a total population of 8 people. More recently i have moved into a medium sized town, and tough i still miss the open spaces and freedom of living in the countryside, I have finally succumb to the easy and convenient lifestyle off a townie..... though deep on my heart I'm still a country pony and try to go for walks in the countryside as often as I can.

• 3 years later...

Hi friends,

where do you live? Country side or city ? 
Where do you want to live? :P 

I live in countryside wouldn’t change it any other way

• Brohoof 3

Grew up in suburbs. Can't stand inner city crowdedness and can't stand the lack of connectivity in the countryside. I'd like to live on a decent piece of land one day where there's some space but biking into town wouldn't be much of a hassle.

• Brohoof 2