Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The City or The Country?

Twisted Cyclone 🚓

I'm stuck living in the suburbs....for now. After I graduate college though I'm going to move to somewhere rural. Not sure if it will be out of state or not. 

I live in a city. Given my SO doesn't particularly like cities, I'm willing to compromise for a reasonably sized town in the future (no way would I live in a village of any kind, I can't get used to that vibe).

Lived in small villages in the countryside for most of my life, and hate any time I'm in a city for longer than 2hrs so i wanna keep to the countryside for the future 

currently living in a city of about 1m population, i love it here, but i also wish i had a yard, so my cop out answer is that i'd like to end up living near a big city, but not inside so i can have a yard and maybe a forest nearby, but also everything a city offers in a 30 min drive. or maybe even go the full Trixie route and have a house on wheels so i can have it parked in the countryside, but i can also take it with me and travel when i want/have the funds

Country roads! Take me home. Born and raised, wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Yet that said I don't live that far from a city so I probably spend just as much time in a city I simply hate the pace of a city whereas out in the country you are free of all the anxieties of urban living. 

For most of my life I've lived in this small, worthless town that has more churches than business. The townsfolk are perfectly fine with having to drive 10-20 minutes in any direction in order to do anything that matters. I'd love to leave it behind and move to any kind of city that actually has a point, but at the moment it just isn't possible. Maybe someday.

• 2 weeks later...

Suburb.

Curious at what point does urban become suburban?

Like I know it doesn’t feel suburban a couple miles West because of a lot more businesses and also big freeways :P .

An area of the country that's somewhat close to a small city (about 75-100k people). I love rural areas, but I don't want to be so far out there that the closest civilization is fifty miles in either direction. At the same time, I don't want a city right on my back porch. There's a nice middle ground.

• Brohoof 1

Country! You can go shooting anywhere and people are not running around like a chicken with its head cut off. 

• Brohoof 1

Where I live has made me despise tiny towns with barely anything in them. Out in the "country" is like that but 10x worse. I would prefer to live in a city of any kind, doesn't matter if it is small as long as it has some kind of value. Unlike my town which has none. I suppose a town with nothing substantial to offer to the world fits me to a tee.

Without any hesitation I'll chose the country ! I just love nature and living in a big city with no trees and plain and farm with animals it's just impossible for me
Unfortunately we don't always do what we want in life and I live in the suburb of Paris and nature is not number 1 priority :twi:

But one day I'll have enough money to get out of this place and I'll settle in the nearest country or forest Paris :P

And I'll buy horses :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

While living far away from people sounds nice, taking long time to go to work etc sucks, so city it is. If I didn't have to work, then maybe living in the country would be better - cheaper land, a bigger house etc.