Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The City or The Country?

Twisted Cyclone 🚓

I haven't lived in a city in over 2 decades. I live way out in the country and love it!

I'm an outdoors type person, so I wouldn't be happy living in a city or suburb.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally prefer the city even though the country tends to be safer and quieter, while the city tends to be worse when it comes to crime and all. It's still a tough choice for me though, so in all honesty I'd just prefer to be in the middle. Suburban. uwu

(edited)

Country I guess. Just the lower the population density the better. Ideally I'd love to live near some woods, just within twenty minutes or so of a movie theater and some restaurants. I kind of do but I mean even less people around and more foresty.

Edited by Fluttershutter

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I'm absolutely an urban person, I love living in the center of my city! I like the full-of-life feeling, a lot of people, events, etc. I'm planning to move to a bigger city, the capital in the best case

The only con is that you can't get anywhere during the rush hour

Edited by Ooredelen
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I prefer the suburbs really, if there are stores and restaurants nearby that would be ideal. :)

The peace and quiet of a country is ok in the short term, but I won't enjoy living in the city, especially in the middle of a downtown or in a crime filled neighborhood. :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 2

Too smelly, too many dingbats, too many people, too many rules, too many too many's in the cities and towns.

So I stay out. The problem is the trend of city people moving out into the country for no reason but to buy land, let it turn into weeds, and build a giant ugly "modern" house in what was a beautiful area is slowly encroaching on us. Hopefully that trend meets its demise soon, before too long I wouldn't be surprised if Yellowstone becomes a documentary instead of a drama.

I personally have a preference for the country but I would like to be nearby a city so there's stores nearby. One day my boyfriend wants to own a farm and maybe raise horses so there's also that dream of his so I'll probably go with the country lifestyle. An added plus is you don't have to worry about noisy neighbors or a bunch of cars in the middle of the night, though being in the city or a suburban area obviously has it's benefits depending what part your living in. I would say the suburban area I live in is pretty safe for the most part.

16 hours ago, Pony Flutters said:

I prefer the suburbs really, if there are stores and restaurants nearby that would be ideal. :)

The peace and quiet of a country is ok in the short term, but I won't enjoy living in the city, especially in the middle of a downtown or in a crime filled neighborhood. :okiedokieloki:

Yeah I get that since, in my opinion, the best place to live that is a middle ground. A place that's not completely isolated from civilization but also not amidst the city and all the craziness that brings to the table. Don't get me wrong I love living close to some store but the neighbors can really be too much sometimes with how loud they play their music at night-time sometimes. Also crime filled neighborhoods are a definite no-go for me. 

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Splashee said:

City Music is better than Country Music! :discord_balloon:

Facts.

Aside from Folk music, I will give it to Folk music. But country music is god awful.

• Brohoof 1