Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony pet peeves?

ggg-2

Do you have any pet peeves, whether from the show or fandom? For me, it's people who spell it "Shining Armour". British spelling in general annoys me, but Hasbro spells it without the U, so therefore to me, that's the canonical spelling.

Rainbow dash being just a bit too arrogant sometimes. Super ego, the thing were she laughs and says "Oh wait, you're being serious?" I dunno, almost her whole character is annoying to me

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Do you have any pet peeves, whether from the show or fandom? For me, it's people who spell it "Shining Armour". British spelling in general annoys me, but Hasbro spells it without the U, so therefore to me, that's the canonical spelling.

Being British, I find American misspelling annoying, but in this case, with it being a proper noun then the 'incorrect' spelling is indeed the correct spelling, even though I do tend to spell it Shining Armour myself, but that's just force of habit.

As for my own pet peeves, shipping is definitely one, and some of the more ridiculous headcanons that people come up with.  I don't mind headcanons that have some reasonable basis to them, but so many of them are more 'I want this to be' rather than 'this could be'.

Edited by Concerned Bystander
  • Brohoof 7

(edited)

I've already said this plenty of times, but sometimes screen time between characters can be really uneven, and it feels really noticeable this season. Sure it avoids the problem of having to shoehorn in characters when they're not needed(see 50% of S1 episodes with Twilight), but in turn it creates another problem with some of them feel neglected(see S2 with AJ after SSCS6K, FS for most of S5)

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

When there are great episode ideas that are staring the show in the face or that feel when the episode missed an opportunity to do something better. -_-(\ How much longer until we see an adult blank flank in the show?

As for the fandom, the love for Trixie had been confusing to me for a while. I could see why people liked her, but I could not stand her mannerisms and persona. "No Second Prances" got me to like her a little better.

Then there's Friendship is Witchcraft. God how I hate that show. I can't stand its sneering deadpan delivery. Can't stand its Family Guy-style snark, anti-humor, and shock humor. I especially can't stand how sincerely fans are using the Sweetie Bot meme, to the point where someone's actually making a real-life replica of her. I don't think the series itself is that popular anymore, especially since Voice of Reason and Mr Enter tore it a new one and also the incest plot in the "Canterlot Wedding" episode, but the Sweetie Bot meme keeps the plaguing memories alive. She was a quirky character with comedic chops sadly trapped in the wrong show.

Edited by Wind Chaser

My one peeve is Rainbow Dash in how she keeps being cast into the same old shape even after learning deep lessons and moments to grow as a cannon and in herself.   I can't plan Dash given in how they keep writing as such but I feel in some areas of emotional development,  they just keep side lining her sadly and miss using her over all in the mane six and plot wise sadly.

My pet peeve would be, sudden resolutions in the end of the episode. I know that the episodes only have roughy 22 mins to develop plots, themes, and characters but some certain episodes drag way to long in the beginning and too have the issue or lesson to be suddenly resolve in mere seconds and in end. To me it may seem like the resolutions was rushed.

• Brohoof 3

I knew there was a reason I've called him Shining Armour Hot Dogs. xD

I have a number of pet peeves concerning the fandom.  The rampant shipping, Mane Six hate, analysts, reaction videos, grimdork, attitudes towards OCs; I could probably think of more.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Fashion Plate's voice. Which is kinda sad 'cause I think he's funny.

Also, the amount of attention the show seems to put on Rarity and Applejack together. I mean, I think there's a point where they sorta overdo it.

Fandom-wise, when background ponies are defined solely by some weird memes that come practically out of nowhere. Like Derpy and muffins and Lyra being human-obsessed. I'm not really against memes at all (in fact I like most of them) but I think sometimes fans overdo it to the point that it gets predictable and fans don't even bother to try new shticks or quirks with some of the characters- it's just the same joke over and over again.

Edited by PGNatsu
  • Brohoof 1

When some people initially thought that Rainbow Dash is male. I know they do eventually find out that she's actually female, but it is so easy to know that she's female, from her body shape to her eyelashes.

• Brohoof 4

• 3 weeks later...

There some fan-made videos, arts (include Rule 34) and musics, and fictions I dislike. There animantion that made Derpy really annoying in crossover of Phoenix Wright & MLP and there an art where Derpy say she don't want to be British. I dislike Pinkamena, not Pinkie Pie at all.

The only pet peeve I have is when the show gets a little corny with the plots and dialogue. Yeah, I understand it's a kids show and all, but it has been proven to be a lot more mature than it sometimes is.

Shipping. Yes. I find spending an abnormal time deducing, thinking of relationships, creating clever names, posting shipping ideas, placing relationships between character that don't exist, forcing the ship ideas unto others, to be a colossal waste of time. 

.....sink all ships.  Pirate out. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The fact that the show has these things that hint that most of their stuff has been invented or created by humans and they simply adapted to using them.

What are the hooks on the end of glasses for? I know they're not present on some, like Vinyl's but, in other cases, they are and I'm like, why are they there?

Why do bowling balls have finger holes? What purpose do they serve?

Why do round door knobs exist? How hard do you think it would be for a non-unicorn to use that?

Edited by AzureNightLight
  • Brohoof 4

The fact that anything in the show makes the fandom think it's the downfall of the show.

I agree!

Reading all of the cynical posts about certain episodes or ponies... like.. come on. You don't have to rip it apart just because you didn't like an aspect of the show.

• Brohoof 1

People who pretend to be fans but really hate the subculture and keep saying the show should end "so it doesn't lose quality".

Not to mention all the plotless torture and murder stuff. Just because someone acts zany or quiet doesn't make them a psycho killer, okay? Buck fear, I choose to live life with courage.

@Haters

Ok, you hate me, I get that. I GOT that in 1990. No, I won't fight your wars, vote republican, grow a duck dynasty beard, have 10 children, join the gentlemen movement, pray to a god that clearly doesn't care, OR pretend to be strictly heterosexual.

GET. OVER. IT.

Finally, yeah, Dash is brash, but she does have redeeming qualities. Self-confidence for one; AND calling others out on laziness. She says what needs to be said and calls it like it is. She doesn't lawl around on the couch like a jellyfish. To me, in another person, THAT'S VERY refreshing. B)

(edited)

For the show I would have to go with uneven character screentime such as what Rarity got in season 3 and Fluttershy got in season 5.

I am sick and tired of character reformations in this show by now.

Potential for more interesting locations and worldbuilding not always being followed through. I still want to see Hollow Shades and Las Pegasus eventually.

Besides that I don't have a lot of complaints when it comes to the show.

Even though I really like this fanbase, I would be lying if I said there were aspects of it that didn't annoy me.

Such as the fandom drama can be really really really annoying and awful. 

Being around for the Twilicorn meltdown and EQG storm wasn't pretty.

I also really don't like the whole background characters x mane 6 pairings either.

Besides that the term brony has the tendency to be forced upon others who don't really want to be called it.

I am kind of fine, I guess with calling myself one, but at the end of the day this fanbase shouldn't have to define me as a person and if I don't want to call me self a term based on an online fandom about pastel colored ponies learning the magic of friendship, than I really don't need to.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

Whats wrong with British spelling?

Anyway my pet peeve has become the how do I come out as a brony to my parents posts, sadly I made a lot of those a while back until I realized it was pointless since everyone's situation is different

Ok, my pet peeve is that when they say "everyone" like normal people do, but, for "everybody," it's "everypony". Hasbro, let's try to fix that, ok?  :okiedokieloki:

I got pet peeves when they make slight continuity errors, AND, when they use human terms instead of pony terms (YEAH, they sometimes escape "hand" from their mouths these days :muffins:)