Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Do you suffer from anxiety?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

I've never been diagnosed with anything, but the last time I had a counselor was... like 15 years ago. She said I had 'stress' issues, I didn't understand any of that back then, I couldn't see it. If I were seen today I might just end up diagnosed with something because I know it's like night and day with me. I'm so much worse now. Especially on the social front. I think it hasn't been helped by three years of walking on eggshells to try to maintain my friendship with an ex who I just have to say has been the most social anxiety inducing individual I've ever known. She has turned me into a social wreck, when I already was bad. Now it's turned very extreme, even impossible for me.

I have terrible anxiety. A lot of things make me nervous and I get emberrassed easily.

I usually try listening to music or just closing my eyes and taking deep breathes in and out. Usually helps a bit.

(edited)

I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder too. I'm not quite as bad as I once was thanks to medication and reading 10+ self-help books over the years.

My biggest problem right now is when family/friends are late for things. If they're 5 minutes late meeting me somewhere I will think they've gotten into a car accident.

I will also get randomly anxious for no reason. That's the most annoying :/

Chamomile tea can help btw. It's not hippy nonsense either, there's been genuine research into it:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2995283/

Edited by Kayleigh

I have terrible anxiety. My social anxiety is so bad that I never talk. I literally use a small white board with markers to communicate. I'm not joking either.

Suffered heavily from anxiety during my teenage years, to the point where I became afraid to leave the house or be alone for an extended period of time. It was a pretty terrible point in my life.. I honestly felt like I was the only one like this.

Thankfully, as time went on, I learned to control it more and more and pushed myself to not let it dictate my actions. I sought help from a counselor and he basically gave me a number of techniques I could use whenever I felt particularly bad. Really a lifesaver. I was so happy to be able to get my life back on track. :)

The anxiety still crops up every now and again when I'm under stressful situations, but I've come to accept that this is just something that happens. It's not nearly as bad as it used to be, and almost all cases of it only last a couple of minutes. My advice is simply to not let it control you, and learn to control it. At the end of the day, you'll find that most of the things you worry about are very much unfounded.

It has been pretty bad for me, to the point I couldn't even attend school for a while. I hate the feeling of worrying for no reason, and not able to reason why.

It's the worst feeling, and is awkward and embarrassing in front of peers, making it worse. It was hard to go there because of that, not being able to walk to a class.

It has gotten a lot better though, and hopefully I can handle it again. It can't be reasoned, and it is terrifying, but I feel a little better now.

(edited)

I'm not sure if i have anxiety as i haven't been diagnosed with it. I tend to avoid social situations and i don't talk or go out much, i don't know if that counts.

Edited by Light Diamond
  • Brohoof 1

I get really anxious when the pressure piles up and I have a lot of "checking" OCD rituals, often executed in public. Medical marijuana really helps, even if it only chills me out and gets my mind off of meaningless compulsive activities. All of those anxieties and tics are still there when you come back down though.

(edited)

Yes. I've suffered from anxiety attacks since my parents and I got in a car accident (no one got hurt, not even a scratch, but I got really scared). It's awful. You feel like you want to scream, you're going to die, you can't breathe, you are alone, you are hopeless. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Edited by Kimi Vulpine

Social anxiety, Its gotten a lot better in the past two years though. Back then I had a hard time speaking if people would look at me, and I had to wear a mask just so I wouldn't feel panic. Now a days I just speak too quietly. I thank my work for forcing my to communicate with my co workers just to make progress, or at least make my job easier.

I fear that I may mess up ​big time whe​n speaking in real life. If I use the wrong word for something completely different, it's embarrassing for me, and I mentally prepare myself for if I slip up. Is that considered social anxiety?

Social anxiety, existential anxiety, "what-am-I-supposed-to-be-doing" anxiety, "who-am-I" anxiety, "why-can't-I-sleep" anxiety, decision-making anxiety, anxiety from overthinking, perfectionist anxiety... just anxiety.

What would life be without anxiety?

I suffer from a pretty severe form of anxiety brought on by stress mostly. When it's at it's worst, I have a panic attack and feel like I'm physically dying. My heart rate shoots up, and my blood pressure drops, leaving me pale and light headed, and it feels like I can't breathe enough to fill my lungs. Thankfully these episodes are rare, but when they strike, it's the worst feeling ever. I have a number of reasons to be stressed out though, so it's not uncommon for me to have anxiety on a fairly regular basis, just not in it's worst form.

Anxiety is only one thing that gets to me though, I also suffer from sleep paralysis and recurring nightmares, which are pretty horrible.

Such is life I suppose.  :blink:

Yes, sometimes so much so that leaving the house requires more energy than it should, because the thought of being around people and even worse, talking to them makes me ill. I've had anxiety attacks, or at least some symptoms - sweating excessively, extremely nervous thoughts, dry mouth, nausea, etc. I hate attending my high school because of this; constantly surrounded by people, bumping into me in the hallways and being earbleedingly loud. I can't even order my own food at restaurants. It's an irritating thing and I know I have nothing to be afraid of, but I'm afraid anyway.

I have recently found out that I have pretty sever anxiety. What I thought growing up was just raging child/teenage hormones and usual things was actually much bigger than I thought. I can have pretty sever anxiety attacks, especially when I am stressed. I have times when my anxiety completely controls my mind and tells me that everyone hates me, that even my family wishes I were not around. That I am not good enough and that I am ugly, fat, stupid, disgusting. When I am in a crowded place I start to feel very anxious and constantly looking for ways out. 

I've definitely been having different forms of anxiety, including social, for most of my life. For whatever reason, it seems to be getting worse as the years go by. I was quite talkative during my elementary school years but during middle school I've become less sociable with others. I mostly remained quiet during high school but I still had some friends. Now that I'm in college and my friends have moved on, I've reached a point in my life where I realize that I have to make some improvements with my life. I've been taking medications which have been working but aren't completely effective. Despite this though, I don't seem to have too much trouble ordering at restaurants or buying items at the cashier, so I suppose it isn't all bad.

I actually believe that my anxiety is so bad that going through a job interview would be much harder than the work I'll be doing.

I used to have a fear on apocalyptic event theories I usually see on the media. But once I found out we are in the multiverse and life is in a never-ending cycle, I've gotten over it.

• Brohoof 1