Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you believe in hypnosis?

Mesme Rize

I am actually surprised, that i never asked this Question. :lol:

Pretty much what this title says. Do you believe in hypnosis?

It's pretty obvious that i am a believer in it, considering who i am and that i am a hobby hypnotist who practices it from time to time. I think the people who don't believe in it, are mostly scared of it, or just think of the stuff they have seen in Movies and TV Shows and that's why Hypnosis is often very misunderstood.

What are your opinions?

• Brohoof 2

I most definitely believe in hypnosis, I think anybody who has ever experienced asmr has also had a similar feeling to what hypnosis would be like. When you're in a highly relaxed state it's like your conscious doesn't even exist, so other people can control whatever they want you to think, is how I kinda see hypnosis. 

I personally don't believe in all of it myself, as I've seen people stage it before, many times. However, I could see it being a possibility as I am aware of how mind-over-matter works, as well as how some people can be influenced by various actions, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was real. I've never experienced it myself so I'll never know for sure.

(edited)

I've tried pony hypnosis before but got bored because its sorta a skewed biased perspective from the early seasons and gives negative traits.

It does effect me subconsciously and minorly but significantly over reuse. And the Fluttershy file made me have an altered sexuality, which is prolly why in the sexuality is it a choice debate thread thing I was going against the common thoughts about it.

Biggest physical effect I got was Celestia's horn which I self-imposed to some binaural theta tones and felt it phase through the door frame. Also when I was playing osu after trying unicorn hypnosis I would get that sorta effect where when you play a game so much your subconscious mind buzzes about it a lot. Like if I play cod for 8 hours and close my eyes a lot of the repeat motions and changes in game state move before my eyes as a sort of pareidolia. Except with Osu it'd be associating it with magic, and I would get random magic effects my mind would conjure up like magical shields I could feel(feel in my mind but not see or touch outside my mind) or such. My osu skin is rather colorful though, and I guess the soft colors that can be in Osu might be what made me associate it with mlp's magic, as well as it not even being a 3rd or first person game is prolly why it seems dissociated like magic perhaps.

I haven't done any of it recently because wearing headsets agitates me. Poor inner ear circulation with them on leads to increased temperature which leads to increased brain temp which leads to increased chance of agitation.

Biggest behavioral effect I got was after reading FO:E I thought I was little pip and moved around half asleep and didn't remember it til morning, and I remember looking at a supposed friendly unit from the fallout radar thing and tried peering around over n under my bed from on my bed to spot it and I was moving like a pony. And I guess I thought it was a radroach scurrying in the edge of my vision, and the radar thing looked similar to the megaman life bar in the old megaman games, or like one of those coin holders that is plastic and that reminds me of it too something I saw from my youth. But I plopped down went to bed, and promptly when I woke up remembering that happened, but I have no direct memory from it, its weird. Like I know its what happened, but I wasn't self-aware at all when it happened so I only subconsciously recalled it which I'm not used to since I'm much more conscious than that cognitively during my daily life.

Edited by Lil Pip

I don't know. I am usually wary of anything associated with stage performances and similar, but it's an area I know nothing about, and have never looked into, so I forgo passing judgement. 

Well, I suppose that since I do believe that it is possible to influence a person by altering the environment, and so nudging them towards a desired state of mind, that does point towards something similar to hypnosis being possible even if the specific definition cannot be achieved.

I personally don't believe in all of it myself, as I've seen people stage it before, many times. However, I could see it being a possibility as I am aware of how mind-over-matter works, as well as how some people can be influenced by various actions, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was real. I've never experienced it myself so I'll never know for sure.

That is the whole stage or TV hypnosis for ya. What real hypnosis is, is something completely different. A very relaxed mind that is open to suggestion can be "fed" modes of thought. The person undergoing it is still in complete control tho.

I for one am one of those crazy hypnoponies that uses the pony hypnosis found on the hypnoponies site. Soon I will have my custom file voiced which I will edit with some nice relaxing background music. The hypnotic audio files on the hypnoponies site are hit or miss for me. The fluttershy v3 file works like a charm, tho. (There is a link in my signature that points to my hypnosis journal from when I was doing the Fluttershy file).

I'm sure that there are people that won't get any of the effects from hypnosis though. it varies from person to person, just like anything.

(edited)

I'm not joking about this. It really happened. I was once at a gathering that featured a hypnotist putting on a show. I was picked to be one of a group of several people to be in the show. We were taken back stage to be pre-conditioned so we could be hypnotized on stage.  Everyone went under. I sat there trying to relax, but ended up raising my head and waving to the hypnotist. She put her finger to her lips for me to be quiet while she continued conditioning everyone else. When she was finished, I went back to my seat in the audience and watched the show.

^_^  

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

Yes, I do believe in hypnosis. I have tested it several times, and it has worked before, even on myself. But its altered alot of things, mainly sexuality and mood. But overall, interesting concept.

I believe in it but it is kind of hard for me. It's hard for me to believe in it because it has only worked two times out of the other 50 times I have tried. I don't even know that it worked in the two times that I think it did. 

Of course. You need a certain degree of susceptibility, but hypnosis is not what they show in movies about controlling your every action and getting you to, say, be their personal army. That cannot happen until you surrender your critical faculties.

• Brohoof 1

I'm no expert, but as far as I know, it does work. The person being hypnotized has to be a willing and open-minded participant though. It can't be used to force anyone to do anything against their will.

• Brohoof 1

I'm shocked that I'm the first to be skeptical, apparently...but everybody saying they do is making me question this. Anyhow, I guess all I can say is that the right amount of light and whatever mental factors can have strange impacts on the brain. So maybe hypnosis is real. Now I'm on the fence.

Well I've experienced a bit of it and know the basics of hypnosis. So I definitely believe in it but I think you have to be willing to be hypnotized and I suppose most are as we're always interested in actually seeing if it works.

No I dont believe in hypnosis master Mesme... :P To be a bit more seriously I am on the fence I have no evidence that it is impossible but I find it kinda hard to believe.

• Brohoof 2

I myself am not sure about this. I've seen hypnosis done and it does seem pretty genuine, but then I'm still unsure. I'm curious about the pony hypnosis files though, especially as to whether there'd be a Lightning Dust one, but I'm highly resistant to illusion it'd seem. I'm unable to see many optical illusions and I'm not in particularly good mental health either, so as much as I'd like to try it, it goes on the shelf for a future date  :(

(edited)

I believe in hypnosis. I tried some pony files (neutral ones, for OCs), and it seems to work. I am not really interested in hypnosis in itself though, rather the calm/meditation part.

I guess I should try it out a little more, it's essentially reaching a state where thoughts and imagination gets over body feelings, from what I understood, or felt.

Edited by ConcorDisparate

I believe hypnosis is real -- which is why I've never done it. The subconscious mind is delicate and vulnerable, so I don't want to further expose it to suggestion than its already being bombarded with everyday.