Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

WhiteLightning

So I saw the video of the brony panel, and the I watched the part where John de Lancie crashes it.

And at about 8:10 he seems to spoil something, supposedly Discord's return?

Remember, I'm just speculating, but if you have read the title of this thread, you'd know that already.

• Brohoof 6

Discord is making a return in Season 3.

Posted Image

As you can see, John announced it on his Twitter page and he has also stated before, in that video above, that he will be returning for another episode. Speculation on the matter of how he will be portrayed in the episode is something I have thought a little bit about. I personally think that since Discord is back, it won't be another breaking out of his stone prison episode. I think it may be a flash-back esque scene which involves him in. Perhaps a backstory to Celestia, Luna or The Elements Of Harmony? Afterall, if they were to relive the creation of harmony, then Discord would have to be in it seeing as he is the apparent first being to be defeated by them.

Also, Discord is best villain and I positively love that they are bringing him back. It takes some serious backbone to stroll into a place and tear it up without a plan and I am really looking forward to his return!

• Brohoof 6

Agreed. It sounds very likely Discord is returning, probably for the Season 3 premiere. Unless he's voicing a relative of Discord or a different character just to throw us off. That doesn't seem too likely though, and Discord was an awesome villain, so I'm very excited ^_^

Posted Image

As you can see, John announced it on his Twitter page and he has also stated before, in that video above, that he will be returning for another episode. Speculation on the matter of how he will be portrayed in the episode is something I have thought a little bit about. I personally think that since Discord is back, it won't be another breaking out of his stone prison episode. I think it may be a flash-back esque scene which involves him in. Perhaps a backstory to Celestia, Luna or The Elements Of Harmony? Afterall, if they were to relive the creation of harmony, then Discord would have to be in it seeing as he is the apparent first being to be defeated by them.

Also, Discord is best villain and I positively love that they are bringing him back. It takes some serious backbone to stroll into a place and tear it up without a plan and I am really looking forward to his return!

I see. I must've missed previous hints/mentionings of Discord returning. I was a bit overexcited when I saw the panel. I should really get more sleep, and drink less energy drink to prevent me from posting too fast.

My life has really been a mess lately anyway...eh, let this be a lesson for me then.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah these news are old, but it's still cool to get more confirmation. I think that it will be Discord.

Posted Image

Agreed thoroughly. If that is the case, like I said in another thread, I'd personally love to see a flashback involving the fight between Celestia and Luna VS Discord, that would truly be amazing. And not a 15 second pllffft like Celestia VS Chrysalis, but an actual fight or scene from the fight, and leading up to his imprisonment. They could use the fight as a way for Celestia to narrate more about the Elements of Harmony, perhaps, that we weren't told before.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Meh...

While I enjoyed Return of Harmony, I don't like the Idea of Discord as a returning villain,

especially since he was set back into stone... I mean the first time he was imprisoned by Celestia with the Elements of Harmony for what, 1000 years I think? (correct me if i'm wrong)

And then this time it's not even a full year that he's imprisoned? Really says alot about the power level of The Elements of Harmony being wielded by the mane6... I mean if Discord can release himself, what does that mean for Luna? What I get from it, My assumption, if Discord can escape from the imprisonment of The Elements of Harmony, then Luna could possibly revert back into Nightmare Moon? Either that or something really really bad had to have gone down between the main6 in order to create enough chaos to power discord enough to escape like the CMC did on the field trip to Canterlot.

Just what my assumptions are though, nothing more, but i'm still excited for Season 3 in whole. I know it's going to be great either way :wub:

Edited by Gizmo
  • Brohoof 1

As far as I heard they never said Discord is returning, just his voice actor, he might be voicing someone else

John De Lance is not a regular on DHX's payrole. If your going to go through the trouble to hire a guy on the other side of the continent I don't think your going to have him play just any character. De Lance also has a very distinctive voice, having him play anyone else would just be silly and the creators seem like the type to do things because it makes sense not because they can.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

If Discord indeed will return, I hope the writers will add something to his prank collection. Already stuffed up with chocolate rain already :wacko:

Edited by Shefira

It would be nice to see Discord return, but does anyone else think of it being... too early? Discord has only been absent for one season, and I for some reason think waiting another Season or two would be better. (But thats just my opinion.)

It would be nice to see Discord return, but does anyone else think of it being... too early? Discord has only been absent for one season, and I for some reason think waiting another Season or two would be better. (But thats just my opinion.)

If there wasn't a tremendous wait in-between seasons that make the transition from one season to the next feel like two million years I'd agree, however, that's not really the case. To compromise with your opinion I'd say make him appear at the end or near end of this upcoming season, since in his first appearance, he showed up as the first two episodes.

• Brohoof 1

Discord coming back would be amazing. The fans love him, he has such an awesome personality, has a sense of humor which is one thing I find very entertaining about some antagonists. He (like mostly everypony else on the show) has a perfect character-matching VA, and is attitude is just flat-out awesome. I just love his type of evil.

I'd love to see some more Discord action in the coming months! ChAoS!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...