Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

WhiteLightning

I would love to see the return of Discord, since he's such a unique cahracter. I believe much can be done with with persona and I really believe that he will be a magnificent tool for another brilliant episode.

What he will be doing is something I won't speculate about, since it seems it's already decided, and any expectation may or may not ruin whatever wish one would create, I just hope that it lives up to the standards, and I'm fairly sure it will, it can't really go wrong with Discord.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe he'll be in teh start of season 3, just like he was for season 2^^

Isn't that a bit repetitive? What I would love to see is a return of Discord and more of his backstory with Celestia. Then he fights her directly or just screws with her, or both. Discord is just such a fun villain :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Isn't that a bit repetitive? What I would love to see is a return of Discord and more of his backstory with Celestia. Then he fights her directly or just screws with her, or both. Discord is just such a fun villain :lol:

Agreed ^^ I still think they need to have a flashback to me fighting Celestia and Luna, and maybe have the fight in the storybook form they had to introduce episode 1, since the battle was over a thousand years ago, and in fact before the time that book's story took place.

When do you guys think Discord will show up next season, assuming what John de Lancie said at the conventions are true? I personally believe that he'll be more malevolent this time rather than just a troll, in any case. After being defeated, he's finally pissed and decides to take proper revenge.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

When do you guys think Discord will show up next season, assuming what John de Lancie said at the conventions are true? I personally believe that he'll be more malevolent this time rather than just a troll, in any case. After being defeated, he's finally pissed and decides to take proper revenge.

Really? He was imprisoned for a thousand years xD If he didn't get mad after that I dunno what would make him do so. I don't think he'd be more malevolent, but more tactful and maybe cautious, learning from his mistake of underestimating poniez.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1

Really? He was imprisoned for a thousand years xD If he didn't get mad after that I dunno what would make him do so. I don't think he'd be more malevolent, but more tactful and maybe cautious, learning from his mistake of underestimating poniez.

Malevolently tactful yet still somewhat trollish-natured, so to speak?

(edited)

Malevolently tactful yet still somewhat trollish-natured, so to speak?

Maybe he teams up with Chrysalis and they bring the maximum of both troll and malevolent to the table at once xD

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

• 1 month later...

I know this is from forever ago but I just wanted to weigh in. I agree that it's too soon to release discord from his ston prison but you can do SO much with him. Go into the past and see the history of equestria, OR, and this is what I think: I picture him showing up as the little devil on the shoulder giving bad advice to a pony. "Oh Twilight aren't you mad? don't you want to get back at them? why not put the hot sauce in the punch? hmmmm????" idk I thought that would be cool.
  • Brohoof 1

Nitpicking, but Luna was imprisoned for 1000 years, in the moon. Discord predates Equestria as far as we know.

...Maybe he'll further weaponise Wendigos, since they were around before Equestria too and there's nothing showing that they're gone. o_o

• Brohoof 1

Nitpicking, but Luna was imprisoned for 1000 years, in the moon. Discord predates Equestria as far as we know.

...Maybe he'll further weaponise Wendigos, since they were around before Equestria too and there's nothing showing that they're gone. o_o

Posted Image

Indeed. I've always wanted to see the Wendigoes return at least once, and under a forced appearance from Discord's magic upon his return would awesome. Freezing cold winter + his usual chaos would be hectic beyond fathom.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I agree whatever discord comes up with this next time it will be twice the chaos, cause he'll bring the big guns. Maybe they'll introduce some more ancient creatures? I do love the ancient creatures but I have a hard time picturing discord working well with anyone. Maybe Chrysallis will turn into Discord for kicks?

Edited by WhentheAngelsCry

Meh...

While I enjoyed Return of Harmony, I don't like the Idea of Discord as a returning villain,

especially since he was set back into stone... I mean the first time he was imprisoned by Celestia with the Elements of Harmony for what, 1000 years I think? (correct me if i'm wrong)

And then this time it's not even a full year that he's imprisoned? Really says alot about the power level of The Elements of Harmony being wielded by the mane6... I mean if Discord can release himself, what does that mean for Luna? What I get from it, My assumption, if Discord can escape from the imprisonment of The Elements of Harmony, then Luna could possibly revert back into Nightmare Moon? Either that or something really really bad had to have gone down between the main6 in order to create enough chaos to power discord enough to escape like the CMC did on the field trip to Canterlot.

Just what my assumptions are though, nothing more, but i'm still excited for Season 3 in whole. I know it's going to be great either way :wub:

Well If the CMC auguring is enough to beak Discord out then I think if Chrysalis got an idea and decided to break Discord out herself then they could create wonderful chaos together. Though maybe that could be a plot point in season three that the elements of harmony are losing their power or something.
  • Brohoof 1

Well If the CMC auguring is enough to beak Discord out then I think if Chrysalis got an idea and decided to break Discord out herself then they could create wonderful chaos together. Though maybe that could be a plot point in season three that the elements of harmony are losing their power or something.

I guess that's viable as well. I could see them doing things like that together and in the end arguing about chaos or love being more important that the other, and that being their down fall. :P