Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

WhiteLightning

Well If the CMC auguring is enough to beak Discord out then I think if Chrysalis got an idea and decided to break Discord out herself then they could create wonderful chaos together. Though maybe that could be a plot point in season three that the elements of harmony are losing their power or something.

Discord's prison was broken so easily, i.e by some simple fighting in front of it by the CMC, was because the spell was weak as hell already. Like Celestia said, she and Luna, who sealed him with the elements a thousand years ago, are no longer connected to the elements. The spell weakened more and more as the years went on, and especially after the Mane 6 'took over' the responsibility of being the wielders of the elements. So it got to the tipping point, where any little fight or negative thing happened close by to Discord's statue would cause him to escape. And he did :3 Thusly, I doubt it'll be easy for him to break out again, since he's been freshly re-imprisoned by the most recent wielders of the elements.

That said, my personal theory for why he might return, would be due to the magical immaturity of the Mane 6 as opposed to the near gods that are Celestia and Luna. In other words, even though the Mane 6 succeeded in imprisoning him, he may break out early, simply because the Mane 6 didn't have the magical strength that Celestia and Luna did. Just a thought, though.

• Brohoof 2

Discord's prison was broken so easily, i.e by some simple fighting in front of it by the CMC, was because the spell was weak as hell already. Like Celestia said, she and Luna, who sealed him with the elements a thousand years ago, are no longer connected to the elements. The spell weakened more and more as the years went on, and especially after the Mane 6 'took over' the responsibility of being the wielders of the elements. So it got to the tipping point, where any little fight or negative thing happened close by to Discord's statue would cause him to escape. And he did :3 Thusly, I doubt it'll be easy for him to break out again, since he's been freshly re-imprisoned by the most recent wielders of the elements.

That said, my personal theory for why he might return, would be due to the magical immaturity of the Mane 6 as opposed to the near gods that are Celestia and Luna. In other words, even though the Mane 6 succeeded in imprisoning him, he may break out early, simply because the Mane 6 didn't have the magical strength that Celestia and Luna did. Just a thought, though.

Or he could break out because he's a boss.
  • Brohoof 2

This is true. I now picture him breaking out riding a Wendigo because of the thread. chocolate rain and licorice lightning included

Posted Image

But only if done by fans.

As for Discord returning, remember: Discord was sealed thanks to Celestia and Luna using the Elements on him. With them disconnected from the elements, his prison weakened and the CMC fighting gave him enough power to wake him up. When the mane 6 used the Elements again, it made a new prison meaning he won't be getting out anytime soon.

I assume that the mane 6 being friends and keeping the elements powered, the seal is maintained. If any of them were to become disconnected from the elements, the seal would weaken and Discord could return.

(edited)

Posted Image

But only if done by fans.

As for Discord returning, remember: Discord was sealed thanks to Celestia and Luna using the Elements on him. With them disconnected from the elements, his prison weakened and the CMC fighting gave him enough power to wake him up. When the mane 6 used the Elements again, it made a new prison meaning he won't be getting out anytime soon.

I assume that the mane 6 being friends and keeping the elements powered, the seal is maintained. If any of them were to become disconnected from the elements, the seal would weaken and Discord could return.

Oh I totally agree. Hasbro is going to put a lot more thought into it other than "just cause he's that awesome". I would hate it if that was the whole story, personally I think he shouldn't break out just yet. I'd prefer to see him in the story of how celestia and luna imprisoned him. OR if his power was just strong enough to whisper advice in a ponies ear. Kinda like a mistborn deal. Still awesome image in my mind. Edited by WhentheAngelsCry
  • Brohoof 1

He was a great villain, but like others said, if the reason for his return is poorly contrived, it could ruin the whole part of the series. I'd personally like to see him brought back alongside a new villain. It's too soon for Queen Chrysalis to return, having been from the most recent episode. They do still need to do an alliance of villains episode.

They threw the stone encased Discord in the ocean. When he returns, it will be with an army of...SEA-PONIES!

Sea-ponies? Pony, please. Smooze.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CnOysetlQw

Endless tidal wave of black sludge that hardens and encases you and your world for all time. Make it living chocolate milk instead of sludge, and that has 'Discord's big return entrance scene' written all the buck over it.

'Ohoho, hello, Twilight Sparkle. Miss me?'

'Living chocolate milk? That sings? Really, Discord?'

'Oh come now, don't you remember that song from the G1 movie? Quite catchy.'

• Brohoof 2

I would quite like to see an episode with Discord, as he has such a unique character, but I think that maybe he should return near the end with an epic fight scene with Celestia vs Discord.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Is Discord really returning? Or is he going to voice some pony else?

You guys still don't know...

The hints De Lanci accidentally gave at that one voice actor group hinted more towards 'Discord is returning' than not. No, we don't know, but voicing another pony seems like the less likely of the options to me. Him voicing another pony is just going to make Discord fans want him back more, because his voice is going to be right there xP

Another point: Q from Star Trek, the character Discord was based off of, was also only meant to be a one-time villain. But he became a reoccurring one, because of outright popularity. Given the fact that Hasbro has been sucking up to bronies more and more with references, and Discord is the most popular villain, I don't see it is as that hard to believe he's coming back. If not season 3, season 4, or later seasons.

Let's not all forget that flashbacks and storybook tales can be used also. I've been saying that we need a nice flashback to when Celestia and Luna first imprisoned Discord. His voice could be used then. He wouldn't return outright, but he'd make an appearance in the show again. I'd be fine with that for starters.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Is Discord really returning? Or is he going to voice some pony else?

You guys still don't know...

I totally agree with Chaotic Discord. John de Lancie is a very expensive voice actor to hire and his voice is so distinctive. We all love discord so much that I think it's pointing towards him returning as discord. Really the question I have is will it be the ponies fighting him in present day or a flash back of his fight with celestia and luna. Also I think that if they are going through all the trouble and expense of hiring John de Lancie it WILL be a full episode at least. Crossing my fingers for two. Edited by WhentheAngelsCry

Sea-ponies? Pony, please. Smooze.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CnOysetlQw

Endless tidal wave of black sludge that hardens and encases you and your world for all time. Make it living chocolate milk instead of sludge, and that has 'Discord's big return entrance scene' written all the buck over it.

'Ohoho, hello, Twilight Sparkle. Miss me?'

'Living chocolate milk? That sings? Really, Discord?'

'Oh come now, don't you remember that song from the G1 movie? Quite catchy.'

Good God, what the hell did I just watch?!?!? Um, I mean, I don't think I ever saw that as a kid. I watched some Generation one pony on TV, but only have vague memories of it. I never saw the movie.

No, it won't be Discord returning, it'll be his eco-enemy (instead of eco-friendly, get it?) brother Discard who sounds a lot like Discord. Discard's plan is to ruin Equestria's environment so every pony and creature suffers.

post-124-0-99860600-1341385452_thumb.png

• Brohoof 4

I totally agree with Chaotic Discord. John de Lancie is a very expensive voice actor to hire and his voice is so distinctive. We all love discord so much that I think it's pointing towards him returning as discord. Really the question I have is will it be the ponies fighting him in present day or a flash back of his fight with celestia and luna. Also I think that if they are going through all the trouble and expense of hiring John de Lancie it WILL be a full episode at least. Crossing my fingers for two.

Thanks for the support. I do want to make a point about his expensiveness though. It's not like they have to pull his leg. De Lanci has said himself numerous times, and proven numerous times that he takes a personal interest and fascination in the MLP: FiM fanbase. I think he's happy to do work for Hasbro :3

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for the support. I do want to make a point about his expensiveness though. It's not like they have to pull his leg. De Lanci has said himself numerous times, and proven numerous times that he takes a personal interest and fascination in the MLP: FiM fanbase. I think he's happy to do work for Hasbro :3

I'm glad to hear he enjoys it, maybe he'll stick around with any luck. He's taken the new publicity rather well. Also how can anyone not like mlp after watching only a few episodes? Good to know that we have a famous actor endorsing it though. The more people the better!

No, it won't be Discord returning, it'll be his eco-enemy (instead of eco-friendly, get it?) brother Discard who sounds a lot like Discord. Discard's plan is to ruin Equestria's environment so every pony and creature suffers.

post-124-0-99860600-1341385452_thumb.png

As long as it isn't their sister Discode. I'm not going to explain that. Any anime fans out there?

:ph34r:

My theory on this: While Canterlot was occupied by changelings the gigantic chaos and destruction shattered the spell that imprisoned Discord and he escaped. But he is more cautions this time and he creates a plan and starts it. And so in the start of the season we will see minor things that are hinting that Discord escaped, and throughout the season those signs are becoming more clear so in the mid-final part of the season we will see Discord standing up to the Mane 6 in person.

• Brohoof 3

They threw the stone encased Discord in the ocean. When he returns, it will be with an army of...SEA-PONIES!

I hope not. The sea-ponies looks ridicules and frankly so is the idea. Maybe if they went though some MAJOR redesign.

• 1 month later...

Season 3 Discord possibly returning!? *EXPLODES* SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been DYING to see more Discord!

Best villain out of all the MLP villains!

Oh boy... I can see Celestia getting so pissed, hopefully it's like a backstory episode. We can see Celestia and Luna as fillies and their relationship with Discord before. (I'd be dying of D'awww when I see the princesses as fillies!)

• Brohoof 1

Discord is back? You'd have thought he learned his lesson by now. But, it's always fun to beat someone twice. I just hope the chocolate rain lasts longer than it did previously. It made pinkie pie so happy!

|--(0)--|

techno915

This thread gave such ridiculously high expectations on Season 3 that I will probably be so pissed off to the point of evil sadistic fantasies about the cartoon's staff...

I should get out before someone get's hurt (or someone making even more plausable predictions)... D:

Edited by OlegEqualzName

• 1 month later...

Discord's return.OhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGod.

This is my reaction:

I swear to Celestia that those hyenas are battle droids. Anyway, if they're gonna have Discord in a prequel, how about this: Patrick Stewart voices the leader of a rebellion against Discord, and thus inspires Celestia and Luna to go find the Elements of Harmony. For the Trekkers.
  • Brohoof 1