Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think there's any ways that hasbro could market the film more to males?

Unlikeable Pony

If they are smart the marketing will depict a general sense of humor, music, and adventure. You know, advertise like a Disney film ...

:please:

• Brohoof 3

They should advertise it with something clever and original.

What is so bad about marketing it, like a disney movie? I love Disney and i am sure it could reach alot of people like that. :)

• Brohoof 4

The last thing I want is for Hasbro to taint the spirit and integrity of the show or movie in order to appeal to a male audience. Thiessen said it best back in 2012 when he said he wants us to like the show for what it is, not what it could be, and the same goes for the movie.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The trailer needs some male character (that is preferably not Spike nor the villain even though those can be in it too), the same way Hollywood usually puts one female character in the trailers to show it is ok for women to be interested too (and for other reasons too but to really applicable here). It does not matter if it is a false marketing and the male character is not in it much, when people see the film the tickets are already been bought (lel) and hopefully the rest of the film impresses the audience enough so this does not matter. Males in the crowd shots too.

Then some humor, it is universal, like the Zootopia sloth teaser proved and that had a female lead too and cute animals and nobody thinks that film is for females only.

Not too pastel color palette, colors are good for animated films especially but more primary colors and some mood ones that give atmosphere would be good. Generally stunning visuals, the best shots in the trailer (without spoiling) to make truly feel like a film and not a tv episode.

Lord of the Rings vibe and fantasy adventure in general, boys love those as well and so does geek culture which would have the trailer a bit more respect. Show the merponies and their world, if there are giffings, dragons and other creatures, some actions scenes, great shots of the villain(s).

And generally not really exposition about the characters and previous events in the trailer, the film should feel accessible.

Marketing the trailer in front of some Disney/Dreamworks trailers. Not too much girly toys in sale but more action figure like things and such. Epicness in general and the trailer not just in front of girl generated things in Youtube. No pink posters and such.

And you know, make a great film with great reviews and you can show the film in advance to critics to generate buzz. And be confident about it not embarrassed.

edit. (again) The subtitle should be bigger than My Little Pony logo too preferably, hopefully there is a subtitle and not just The Movie.

Edited by snowflame

But isn't that kind of false advertising? 

Well I am hoping for the film actually to have some new male character and then he just is made to look more important like he is like in countless trailers women are, but people do not really mind, trailers are never completely accurate anyway and people are happy that the film just has some women in it.

The trailer needs some male character (that is preferably not Spike nor the villain even though those can be in it too), the same way Hollywood usually puts one female character in the trailers to show it is ok for women to be interested too (and for other reasons too but to really applicable here). It does not matter if it is a false marketing and the male character is not in it much, when people see the film the tickets are already been bought (lel) and hopefully the rest of the film impresses the audience enough so this does not matter. Males in the crowd shots too.

Then some humor, it is universal, like the Zootopia sloth teaser proved and that had a female lead too and cute animals and nobody thinks that film is for females only.

Not too pastel color palette, colors are good for animated films especially but more primary colors and some mood ones that give atmosphere would be good. Generally stunning visuals, the best shots in the trailer (without spoiling) to make truly feel like a film and not a tv episode.

Lord of the Rings vibe and fantasy adventure in general, boys love those as well and so does geek culture which would have the trailer a bit more respect. Show the merponies and their world, if there are giffings, dragons and other creatures, some actions scenes, great shots of the villain(s).

And generally not really exposition about the characters and previous events in the trailer, the film should feel accessible.

Marketing the trailer in front of some Disney/Dreamworks trailers. Not too much girly toys in sale but more action figure like things and such. Epicness in general and the trailer not just in front of girl generated things in Youtube. No pink posters and such.

And you know, make a great film with great reviews and you can show the film in advance to critics to generate buzz. And be confident about it not embarrassed.

edit. (again) The subtitle should be bigger than My Little Pony logo too preferably, hopefully there is a subtitle and not just The Movie.

I agree A LOT! The teaser needs to be in front of Moana with a full length trailer in front of Beauty and the Beast and then again in front of Cars 3.

Title of the movie is Friendship Adventure ... so they are likely not going to market it specifically to male audiences who are not already fans.

(edited)

I dont understand this Question.

Mlp never marketed itself to Males, Males just seemed to like it and they started to make a big Fandom out of it.

Why does the Movie need to market itself more to Males? Do Males not want to watch Mlp anyway?

Isnt the point of being a Brony to watch something, that some people think you shouldnt, but Bronys just dont care?

Also, how? Add more Explosions? Make it a Micheal Bay Movie?

That wouldnt fit and they cant just make the Movie that much more serious, since Kids are still watching it.

I dont think it needs any special marketing towards males and i also dont understand, how they would even do that...

Edited by Supergirl Rarity
  • Brohoof 2

I dont understand this Question.

Mlp never marketed itself to Males, Males just seemed to like it and they started to make a big Fandom out of it.

Why does the Movie need to market itself more to Males? Do Males not want to watch Mlp anyway?

Isnt the point of being a Brony to watch something, that some people think you shouldnt, but Bronys just dont care?

Also, how? Add more Explosions? Make it a Micheal Bay Movie?

That wouldnt fit and they cant just make the Movie that much more serious, since Kids are still watching it.

I dont think it needs any special marketing towards males and i also dont understand, how they would even do that...

Just market it like any other animated film.

Title of the movie is Friendship Adventure ... so they are likely not going to market it specifically to male audiences who are not already fans.

I REALLY hope that name isn't going to be the final name.

Hell, I wish they were calling it "guardians of harmony". That's a pretty cool name.

Just market it like any other animated film.

Wha....?

What does that mean?

How is the My Little Pony Movie marketing itself different, from any other Movie?

I dont think it ever said something like : Only for girls.

Its an Mlp Movie. I think, if the Movie would say something like : Also, males can also watch it !

I think that would be pretty stupid and embarrassing.

The Movie doesnt need that, we Bronys dont need an excuse to watch it.

Males should watch it, if they want to and not because and advertising campaign told them to, that just lets Hasbro look desperate.

And how does other animated Movies advertise themselves?

Im sorry, but i dont think i ever heard a Movie say : Its for both boys and girls ! I never heard such advertising. Maybe its just me, i dont know.

I just dont know, what you mean. Its a My Little Pony Movie. How is it supposed to advertise itself?

Do you expect, that we Male Fans deserve more attention and an extra mentioning or something?

I dont think so. Every fan is equally important.

At least in my Opinion.

I just dont understand what you mean.

Wasnt the last Season advertised as an Game of Thrones Intro? Doesnt Mlp already make enough adult references?

Wha....?

What does that mean?

How is the My Little Pony Movie marketing itself different, from any other Movie?

I dont think it ever said something like : Only for girls.

Its an Mlp Movie. I think, if the Movie would say something like : Also, males can also watch it !

I think that would be pretty stupid and embarrassing.

The Movie doesnt need that, we Bronys dont need an excuse to watch it.

Males should watch it, if they want to and not because and advertising campaign told them to, that just lets Hasbro look desperate.

And how does other animated Movies advertise themselves?

Im sorry, but i dont think i ever heard a Movie say : Its for both boys and girls ! I never heard such advertising. Maybe its just me, i dont know.

I just dont know, what you mean. Its a My Little Pony Movie. How is it supposed to advertise itself?

Do you expect, that we Male Fans deserve more attention and an extra mentioning or something?

I dont think so. Every fan is equally important.

At least in my Opinion.

I just dont understand what you mean.

Wasnt the last Season advertised as an Game of Thrones Intro? Doesnt Mlp already make enough adult references?

What I mean is market it like a funny, adventurous, yet also serious film like Disney or Dreamworks does. I never said anything about specific gender. How do you think Frozen because an obnoxious phenomenon?

My god do some of you guys not know how marketing or the film industry works.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought a large majority of the fan base was already men...

But I guess there will be dads that are taking their daughters to see it, and will need to be entertained, too. In that case, Hasbro has already done that in the show. They designed it to be watchable for the parents, too. If they don't like it, then that's their problem.

• Make it obvious that this is NOTHING like Equestria Girls, but rather something far more epic and action-packed than that entire series (and X-Men: Days of Future Past).

Have a 2-minute trailer show more action than the entire Fant4stic movie (very boring), but don't have five trailers repeat three cool bits over and over.

Subtly reference stuff like Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Lord of The Rings by having it fit withing the context of the movie.

Pull out all the stops with the action scenes, especially in the final big battle scene. Give that even more action and excitement than the entire Avengers movie, as shown here.

• Make it obvious that this is NOTHING like Equestria Girls, but rather something far more epic and action-packed than that entire series (and X-Men: Days of Future Past).
  • Have a 2-minute trailer show more action than the entire Fant4stic movie (very boring), but don't have five trailers repeat three cool bits over and over.
  • Subtly reference stuff like Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Lord of The Rings by having it fit withing the context of the movie.
  • Pull out all the stops with the action scenes, especially in the final big battle scene. Give that even more action and excitement than the entire Avengers movie, as shown here.

YES! If they do this it will literally be printing money.

• 3 weeks later...

I want the film action oriented. Like the season 5 finale. I got such a Fallout Equestria vibe from seeing that Rainbow Dash design. I want the plot to be something apocolyptic, but in the end, resolvable. Idk, can't say much until we see our first trailer.