Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Are you scared of spiders?

Member Berry

I actually neither like nor hate Spiders.

I found some Spiders interesting and others weird, it always depends.

But i like the Fact that their eat Insects, thats why i let Spiders live in my Room, because Insects are way more annoying than Spiders.

But i dont like it, if they are near my Computer or bed.

(edited)

I get a bit of an initial shock if I find a spider on me, but other than that, I'm not really afraid of them... slightly uncomfortable, maybe.

I actually have a fairly big spider living in the corner of my window,  and it's been living there for several years now. In all that time, I've only ever seen it catch one insect, so I have no idea how the spider is even still alive.

Edited by Detritus

(edited)

First of all, spiders are not "things". Second... They are a bit scary looking. But they wouldn't hurt a soul unless you hurt them or if they felt threatened in some way. They will probably trespass anywhere but it's just where they feel comfy and such. Spiders are not evil, just a little weird.

I was scared of spiders before. Now? Not so much.

Edited by crys

The visceral reaction many (I'd even say 'most') people have to spiders, myself included, is fascinating to me. I won a couple awards back in the day for a character that could turn into a swarm of them at will on a cyberpunk/futurepunk board. Not just because "swarms of things" are creepy as fuck, but expanding on the pop culture concept of "never being more than a few feet away from a spider" compounded with a being that saw everything each little spider saw, it was basically the Big Brother concept only with a visceral arachnophobic slant. Good times.

Seriously though, fuck those things. I know full well that are ecologically vital and almost entirely harmless. But that being said, KILL IT, KILL IT, KILLITKILLITKILLIT *SMOOSH SMOOSH SMOOSH MASH MASH LIGHT ON FIRE*

• Brohoof 1

Spiders are adorable little creatures that serve many beneficial purposes. Why wouldn't you love them?

I wouldn't say scared, more of "I dislike this and would rather stay as far away as possible from it". :P Spiders are rather rare in my area, wasps and roaches are a lot more common. I definitely prefer spiders over those 2, though. D:

• Brohoof 1

I prefer the ones that just chill out on a web, I don't like those ones that run around.  So long as they don't bother me, I don't bother them.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

YES! as a child that spent two months in Australia at the ages of 4 and 6 and the deadlyness of their spiders it made me decide that seeing a spider was more of a kill first ask questions later scenario... and I live in England... where spiders are barely above four centimetres to an inch... so I'm a wimp  .oh and forgot to metion we do get tarantulas over here but I'm actually okay with them... sort of... to the point where my friend had three. yes three.

Edited by The Pixelated Pony
  • Brohoof 1

Depends. I lived almost two years in Washington and got over my fear of spiders pretty quickly.

The only spider I will not eff with is black widows. Our garage in our house had a freakin nest of them and I literally will not go in there unless I absolutely have to even though I know we have bug people come out and spray and that my parents got rid of the black widows. Still can't with them. Anything else that isn't a black widow I will smash though.

I like spiders. I love getting them to go on my hand and taking them outside. They're just trying to make it, too.  :kindness:

A spider made a little web connecting to my PS3 and the wall once. I saw him in the same spot on it for a few days. I named him Mike. 

Wherever you are now, Mike, Godspeed. 

I like them, but not enough to get one as a pet or anything like that. They're interesting to watch and they eat annoying bugs/pests. Spiders are chill as long as you don't mess with them.

Walking into webs still freaks me out though...

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Spiders are hellbeasts and scare the crap outta me. I make other people kill them for me, while I shriek in the background. I know they are vital predators, but some are very dangerous to us, they have too many legs and eyes, they pop out tons of eggs and they their prey. Plus they're just plain freaky looking.

Spiders are the result of Mother Nature looking ahead into the future, realizing how bad we'd screw up the planet and whipping up nightmare fuel as revenge early on.

(Not really but that's my explanation/joke about why they exist)

Edited by Leave a Whisper

Somewhat... I wouldn't say I'm scared of them, but the one I can see in the corner of my room right now is giving me shivers...  :lol: