Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What would you do if your town was being evacuated?

ranul

For those that haven't heard the city of Fort Mcmurray is being evacuated because of a large fire

My question is if your town or city was being evacuated in an hour or less where would you go and what would you take with you

(edited)

i would take my luna plush. I would also get everything I could carry of my valuables  ,so they would not be destroyed in the fire.

Edited by Luna 831

What I'd take:

My phone, its charger, my laptop, its charger, a few books, my wallet, my birth certificate, passport and other legal documents.

Where I'd go:

Either up north to my cousin's or south to my sister's.

Hello, @@ranul

Just to let you know, I have altered the title of this thread so it can better represent what it pertains to.

Thank you!

:grin:

(edited)

I guess it sorta depends on what the reason is lol,

worst case senerio,

I would probs grab my AR, ammo, money, some food, water, passport, ssn card, rainbow dash plushie, tactical vest, hand crank radio, tablet and charger, phone, wallet, combat knife, swiss army multi tool, plastic bags to keep everything dry incase we have to drudge walk though water, my airsoft bdu cloths, and most important! other people to travel with.

Edit:

xD probs should have read the full post before i wrote this.

Edited by Shadow_Dash

I'd take my husband, he's a keeper. I'd also be sure to grab my tablet. It has all of my writing backed up on it. The case also contains a thumb drive with every single episode of MLP:FIM up to last week.

Now if it was due to a zombie uprising, I'd stay and fight. Yeah, that would be kinda cool. I bet I could drop me some zombies with improvised weapons.

(Does that sound too weird?)

(edited)

I would try grab my computer tower, my external hard drive, my Ipod Touch, my phone and possibly one of my computer screen (preferably the largest one, if I can) and a few shirts with me.

Man, just thinkin' about a situation like that happening to my house is already scary as all hell. :awuh:

Edited by Cosmic V0rtex

I would grab all of the albums I own, as well as my laptop...and yea....leave

You know at times like these...really wish I learned guitar instead of drums...way easier to transport if you do have to evacuate....

Depending on what the evacuation is for I'd act accordingly (for fire I'd head to water, for flood I'd head for high ground). I'd take along all my creative things, my stories, art and such because those are my accomplishments and a part of me. I'd also take all my plushies, they're my family after all.  

• Brohoof 1

Evacuate!

But seriously, I think my family would just stay with some relatives out of town and wait until the whole thing draws out. I live in south Florida so if anything, it'd probably be caused by a really strong hurricane.

I'd load up everything important to me in my Hyundai Elantra, and then tow my Miata with it and haul ass out of town.

Shouldn't take more than an hr to get the important stuff I need and the trailer hooked up.

Most of my vehicles are small so

Living in the desert its very unlikely for any natural disaster to cause an evacuation, but if something happened I'm taking all my hard drives, and memory units with me. If I have time I'll take my tech, and memorable artifacts.

Id grab my parrot, some food supplies and a passport so I could get out ASAP. Possessions can be replaced and my coding projects are online anyway. I'd drive north westish through country roads because there would be less traffic and panic there as opposed to the highways.

Eh, that would depend on two things:

1. What is the danger? Why are we evacuating? If it's some silly shit that would mean I can return after a day or two, I would just bring my phone and some cash. If it was something serious like a possible destruction of the entire city, I'd bring as much as I could depending on...

2. How quickly do I need to leave? Tomorrow? In an hour? Right now? If it was right now I'd grab my backpack and fill it with all my expensive stuff that fits. If I had some more time I would take my time looking for stuff that means a lot to me, like old photos and stuff (as well as my beloved electronics)

..and where I would go.. eh idk

Grab my desktop, laptop, 2DS, SNES, PS1, Rarity plush and my cats and leave. I'm not sure where I'd go exactly, although it is likely it'd either be my grandma's, grandfather's or aunt's house or something along those lines.

• Brohoof 1

Well I'd probably wish I had a car for that!  I'd probably just pack some clothes, whatever hygiene stuff I need and bring my cat, her food and one of those temporary litter boxes for her.  Not really sure how I'd be able to leave though.

• Brohoof 1

I would just sit here and keep posting on the forums and playing Warframe.  Once the internet went down, I'd play any of my various drm free games, and when the whole grid went down, I'd play Baldur's Gate with my battery backup, until that wears out, then I'd play Super Nintendo games on my laptop until the battery on that goes, then I'd read by candlelight until I was dead.  Seriously.