Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private [RP] Dancin' In The Moonlight {1x1}

Randimaxis

@Dapper Charmer

Luna blushed brightly, clearly taken aback by Mist's kind words.

"No... n-not as such.  It is not... often... that we are invited to dance..."

Her eyes widened a bit as she realized what she had just stated.  She tossed her hair, and adapted an air of regality.

"Erm, eh... that is, we normally find dancing to be somewhat uninspired and droll."

Again, her muzzle flushed as her blush deepened a bit more.

"But, ah... of course, THOU hast a style and manner of movement that would bear... uhm, further observation.  Please, continue to demonstrate."

She finally turned her gaze to meet his completely.

"... i-i-if you please."

She was shy and demure in the heart of the dance floor, uncomfortably vulnerable, yet with somepony she apparently felt comfortable with...

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis

Mist smiled happily, still finding Luna's believably cute. "Of course your majesty."

Mist continued to lead Luna while they danced together. Like Luna, he wasn't quite used to dancing in a manner like this. But he somehow felt so comfertable with her.

Suddenly the music changed from a slow Walt's to a fast past mamba. Mist grinned, "time to kick it up a notch."

Mist began dancing faster their Walt's becoming and energetic tango. Mist was able to let loose, he twirled Luna, cha cha'd around with her and even dipped her. "I hope I'm not going to fast for you," he said with a grin

• Brohoof 1

@Dapper Charmer

Luna's demure attitude cracked like the grin that slid across her features.

"Oh-HO... this shall be a demonstration of The Rug Cutting?  Then we command it to be so!"

Luna suddenly took the lead, snapping Mist closely to her as she twirled around him then began flowing back and forth across the dance floor.  She was a strong lead, and Mist had little trouble taking her direction and moving with the young princess fluidly.

At one point, Luna laughed aloud as the two of them were now the only ones on the floor, the rest of the crowd moving to the sides and watching with appreciation and smiles.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Randimaxis

Mist couldn't help but laugh alongside Luna as she lead him all over the dance floor. At this moment he felt so loose and carefree. He didn't care if they looked like two skilled dancers or two fools.

"You know for someone who finds dancing tirering and droll you sure are very good at it," Mist said with a chuckle. He could see the smile on Luna's face and it made him so happy. "I take it you're enjoying yourself."

Edited by Dapper Charmer
  • Brohoof 1

@Dapper Charmer

Luna smiled grandly at Mist.

"Indeed we-... I mean, indeed I am."

At that moment, her young self transformed into the Luna he knew; the Royal Princess Luna, in her regal attire and with her full flow of mane and tail.  Stunningly beautiful.

"If only I had known one like you when I was younger... it would have been so nice."

Her smile settled to a sweet grin.

"But I know of you now, correct?  Shall we continue?"

As she spoke, the music changed to a simple slow dance, and Luna brought Mist in tightly.  As they began to dance, their forms slow and almost hypnotic on the floor, the other ponies around them simply faded from view, and Mist found himself floating above the dance floor, with Luna in his embrace.

They continued to step deftly, and as they danced they soared into the starlit night sky, the clouds almost seeming to join in.  The music continued, never sounding distant no matter how far above the palace they were.

The view was breathtaking... and so was Luna.  Her eyes were closed, and the Thestral could feel the warmth of her closeness, the softness of her coat, the silk-like caress of her mane...

They were among the stars, dancing in the moonlight.

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis

At this moment in time Mist felt the happiest he had in his entire life. His heart was simply a flutter as he danced with Luna in the night sky. He blushed as he could feel the softness and warmth of Luna's coat.

Mist wanted so bad to tell Luna how he felt. He knew he would more likely then not have his affection dismissed. But right here and now he felt so comfortable around her that he couldn't just say nothing.

"Princess if I might ask something," Mist said looking up at Luna, "hypothetically if I had a friend who wished to court you how would they go about it?" Mist's blush deepened.

• Brohoof 1

@Dapper Charmer

Luna may have been a bit inexperienced in the ways of the world... but she was no foal; after over a thousand years of existence, she saw right through Mist's question... yet she played along with her new friend, as she was certainly finding an interest in the young Thestral.

"Well... I would be flattered, first of all, that there is one among my subjects who has found the desire to... pursue courting me.  And as I currently have no definite suitors, 'twould be a most opportune time for such a thing to occur... if your friend were truly interested, that is."

She continued to lead him along, her mane flowing outward and drifting across Mist from time to time.  She regarded him with her luminescent eyes, tracing his features into her own mind for later remembrance.

"Though there are protocols for such things... I would not exactly adhere to a courtship for mere royalty's sake.  I would require..."

She shook her head, then smiled at her own thoughts.

"... neigh, I humbly believe a more fitting thing 'twould be to say I would enjoy more of a casual yet entertaining evening seeing sights that are more... commonplace.  My duties leave me entangled with a number of 'fantastic adventures'... can a mare simply have a day to be... well, to merely BE?"

Her question was earnest, and she looked longingly to him for some sort of answer, whatever it might be.

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis

"Of course they do," Mist answered, believing what he was saying and not just saying it because it is what Luna wanted to hear, "everypony deserves at least one day where they can just do as they please, not having to worry about pleasing anyone else but themselves."

Mist looked into Luna's beautiful luminescent eyes and smiled. She had probably seen through his ruse and knew that the friend he was talking about was him. But he was glad that she had not shot down his advances but instead gone along with it.

"Okay so, hypothetically, how would you respond if, for example, this friend of mine was to invite you to join him for dinner and a movie?"

@Dapper Charmer

Luna pondered the question for a moment.

"Well, as the Royal Guard would wish to accompany me upon a venture I would rather tend to by myself, I would have to be rather sneaky and inform whomever it may be that I would be most honoured to meet them forthwith, in the garden next to the podium that once held the statue of Discord - 'tis an area nopony wishes to attend to after sundown, so it would be safe for a secret rendezvous."

She smiled mischievously.

"And perhaps this dinner might consist of something simple yet tasty; fine dining and royal cuisine pales after a while against the glorious succulence of... A STRAW DOG!"

She giggled a bit, but she did lick her full lips at the thought of a straw dog... which was an altogether different sight to the enamored Mist.

"And after which, perhaps if this suitor were to indeed have within their possession a pair of tickets to go and watch the new 'Saturday The 14th' horror show - which has been touted as the 'scariest movie in the series yet' by critics - then perhaps I would be FAR more influenced to accompany them to this movie."

She grinned, and turned a sly look on Mist.  

"And, pray tell... this 'friend' of yours... why exactly would he be interested in myself?  What is his attraction - IF he has discussed it with you, of course."

She was enjoying this game!

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis

If Mist was unsure about whether or not Luna knew that he was talking about his own desire to date her before, then the sly look on her face made him sure that she knew.

But even though Luna knew Mist decided he'd still play along anyway, "well you're so majestic and wise. You're simply the most beautiful pony in Equestria. You're not uptight, you're fun loving and free spirited. You're the most amazing mare i've ever met." Mist blushed.

• Brohoof 1

@Dapper Charmer

Luna giggled, yet still blushed over the copious compliments.

"Ah, you are far too kind, and your words are quite flattering... but, was it not your 'friend' who expressed this interest?"

She laughed then, but it wasn't a mean or cruel laugh - on the contrary, it was a laugh of fun and happiness.

"Though, admittedly, you - that is, your friend - has probably only seen me a scant few times; there are a number of occasions that I must tend to my royal duties, and I assure you that the stuffiness you deny is there... this, what we are doing at this very moment, is a rare treat for me.  So often am I ensconced within so much work, and duty, and royal bearing and poise... it is more taxing upon my free time than I care to admit."

She gave Mist a half-lidded, sultry look.

"This time with you has been so very nice, Sir Mist Twister... and you have my gratitude for allowing me to not only fulfil YOUR dreams... but a few of my own, as well."

Their dance slowly descended to the ground, where she stepped back and bowed gracefully before him.

"I thank you from the very bottom of my heart; this dream has been wonderful, and I look forward to another soon, I hope."

She began to slowly saunter up to Mist.

"Yet before you leave, there is something I would wish for you to... pass on to your friend, if you care to."

She leaned forward, puckered her full lips, and-

>THUD!<

Mist awoke with a start, lying on the floor of his sleeping quarters, his bed turned on its' side.  Standing next to it was Jaded Moonstone... and he did NOT look happy.

"YOU.  COURTYARD.  NOW."

He didn't sound happy, either.

• Brohoof 1

@@crispy fries

Mist groaned as his body adjusted to the sudden state of being awake. He looked up at Jaded Moonstone and sighed. Why did he always have to wake up before the good part?

"Could you not have waited like five more minutes? I was having this dream where I was dancing with the most beautiful mare in the world," he said, leaving out the fact that the made was Luna, "and we were just about to...."

Mist stopped, it was clear from Jaded's expression that he wasn't interested.

He got up and headed to the courtyard. No doubt he was going to be punished for the whole 'cake eating' incident with Luna. He would probably be kicked out of the guards.

Mist got to the courtyard and stood at attention. As he waited for his punishment he sighed. It seemed his courtship with Luna was over before it had began.

• Brohoof 1

@Dapper Charmer   (I think crispy will be a bit surprised at the last post.  *chuckle*)

The courtyard was filled with guards; it was dusk, and the night shift was just getting started.  Mist saw the recruits he started with from last night were ALL here - and each and every one of them looked unnerved.

Moonlight Saga was shifting her weight from hoof to hoof, Pale Starshine's eyes wouldn't stop zipping around, and Midnight Comet was gnawing his bottom lip.  Dark Rider was also in the line-up, and HE seemed completely calm... at first.  As Mist took his place in the line-up, he noticed Rider sweating profusely - and the fact that his eyes bored into Mist as he approached wasn't lost on the Thestral.

Jaded Moonstone stepped up in front of the newest recruits.  He looked QUITE angry, and he eyeballed each and every one of them.  Mist could almost FEEL his eyes crawl across him as he examined each one in turn.

"NOW," he began, "the reason I have tumbled each and every last one of you five from your beds is as follows:  last night, during your shift, SOMETHING happened to a very important piece of Princess Celestia's property - AND I BLAME ALL OF YOU!"

His hazel eyes shone fiercely as he spoke, and he began to pace in front of them as he talked.

"I have been asking around about this incident... yet NOPONY seems to know much in the way of details.  Which is VERY SUSPICIOUS, in my opinion.  I smell something rotten, and we TOSS rotten things out with the TRASH!  Well, rest assured that I WILL find the culprit, and when I do... they'll NEVER see the light of the moon AGAIN!  They will serve the fleas down in the DUNGEONS, and the only 'Princess' they'll ever speak to again will be PRINCESS LATRINE!"

He stomped, and left small cracks in the brick beneath his hooves.

"NOW... tonight's duties will consist of each of you patrolling the grounds in order to attempt to FIND this whoever, and bring them in for justice to be served.  The rest of the Lunarian Patrol is already out on search, so YOU five will be stationed within the palace grounds.  I expect you ALL to keep your eyes open, and your ears clean - and woe betide the guard who thinks they can get away with slacking TONIGHT!"

He eyed them quite thoroughly, then closed his eyes, sighed, and opened them with a slight grin.

"Now... any questions?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis,

Mist's heart sank slightly once Jaded was finished talking. He had a very strong suspicion as to excactly what 'Property of Celestia's' was damaged. And as such he knew exactly who the the culprits were. Him and Princess Luna.

He looked around at his fellow guards it's clear that they were very much on edge. Half looked as though the were worried they might get blamed and the other half looked determined to find the culprit.

Mist sighed. He knew that after everyone began searching sooner or later they would find proof that it was him, or even worse they would find proof that Luna was involved. He couldnt let that happen.

"Sir I have a question Sir," said Mist as he stepped foward, "Sir am i to assume the the item that was ruiend last night was the cake i was suppose to be guardeing? Because if that is the case there is no need for the man hunt." he took a deep breath. "I'm the onw who ruined the cake Sir."

• Brohoof 1

@Dapper Charmer

There was a moment of sheer, utter silence.  

You could count the heartbeats thundering from beneath the exterior of every pony present.  Then Jaded Moonstone spoke... but he didn't scream, or yell, or bluster as he typically might have; to Mist's bone-chilling chagrin, he spoke softly and evenly.

"Mist... Twister, was it?  You?  It was you who ruined the cake?  And you were guarding it, weren't you?"

He sounded almost as if he was reading a bedtime story to a perfect little colt who had done all his chores, finished his homework and was just snuggling down for bed.  It REEKED of condescension, even though Jaded's eyes were smiling along with his mouth, the kind of smile THOSE eyes were wearing was more than a little bit crazed...

He sighed and looked down... then spoke slowly and evenly.

"You... to... my... office... now.  Understood?"

He didn't look like he was going to give Mist a medal.

• Brohoof 1

@@crispy fries

"Sir understood sir," he said respectfully as he headed towards Jaded's office. As he walked he could hear some of the other guards mumbling amoungst themselves. Several were shocked at what Mist had done while others simply prayed that his death would be merciful.

Mist didn't blame them. He knew the tone that Jaded had used. Mist used to call it the calm before the storm. It was something his dad used to do when he was younger. If Mist misbehaved in public then his father would talk to him in same tone as Jaded, but as soon as he got home his father exploaded with anger.

Mist got to Jaded's office and stood at his desk while he waited for Jaded and whatever punishment he would bring. But at least they wouldnt know Luna had anything to do with it.

• Brohoof 1

@Dapper Charmer 

It was only a minute later that Jaded Moonstone walked into his office, closed the door and went to his desk.  He sat down in his seat with a huff, and sighed long and loud as he put his head in his hooves.  He spoke without looking up.

"Twister, you're an honest idiot.  You had a perfect opportunity to walk away from this, and you were simply too honest to do that... which, frankly, impresses me to no end - but your timing couldn't be worse.  You see, after everypony had separated, I was going to come to you personally to speak about this in a more discrete manner... y'know, BEFORE it became the talk of the castle?"

Now he looked up at Mist, but he didn't look angry - he looked sadly frustrated.

"Luna INFORMED me of what had happened last night, you fool... it was HER idea to get everypony else busy while you were spared public humiliation... which, of course, you absolutely HAD to undermine, simply because you're honest."

He groaned and leaned back in his seat, again covering his face with a hoof.

"If the plan had gone off without a hitch, this whole ordeal would've been swept under the proverbial rug; now, since everypony knows, we HAVE to punish you, Mist!  AND I DON'T WANNA DO THAT!"

He now stared Mist Twister directly in the eye.

"I saw how happy the Princess seemed; whatever shenanigans you two were up to are irrelevant - if what you did made Her Majesty happy, then frankly I DON'T CARE what you two did... she's always so lonely, and this evening she was radiant and smiling.  THAT, Twister, is worth more to me than a million of Princess Celestia's cakes."

He squeezed his eyes shut.

"... and now, because your honest lips couldn't keep still, I HAVE to punish you for making Luna happy."

Jaded Moonstone thumped his head down onto his desk and sighed loudly.

"What a pickle THIS is..."

• Brohoof 1

@Randimaxis

That definetly wasn't the reaction that Mist was expecting. He couldn't believe it. Luna had gond through all the trouble of setting up a fake search party just to spare him emarasment.

But of course he had to go and ruin it by overthinking things. He wondered why Luna hadn't told him about this plan in his dream. That couldn't have stopped this whole thing from happening. Then again she was probably having to much fun to remember.

"I'm sorry Sir," Mist said, disappointed in himself for ruining such a well thought out plan, "I guess I just feared that if the guards searches they might find evidence to suggest that Luna might be involved. And even though me eating the cake is the lasted gossip, it'd be much worse if they found out about Luna helping me."