Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Is The Superior Race?

Midnight Seashell

Unicorns = Unlimited potential

Pegasi = Slight magic but very clear limits

Earth ponies = No magic, very obvious limits on their potential.

This is like D&D here; A wizard can do literally anything with magic; there's no limits, nothing they CAN'T do, and past the first couple of levels utterly curb stomp the other beings who lack magic.

Earth ponies are like Fighters or pure melee types: saddled by reality and without magic, they are unable to keep up with magic in any way shape or form past the starter levels without GETTING magic from the wizards: essentially, "I have to borrow power from the other group to not be useless :p"

Same thing here; I honestly can't imagine an earth pony EVER being a two parter villain on par with Chrysalis, nightmare moon or even Starlight glimmer, and she's a mortal! Even a pegasi I couldn't imagine being a two parter villain unless they had an artifact to artificially power them up like what Zapp had.

Like, lets put the strongest Earth ponies we can think of (maud or AJ) against Chrysalis. Not going to happen, no matter how hard they try, they just don't stand a chance unless they have something like the EOH. Twilight or starlight? Yeah, that's a decent match up though.

Magic rules the day. Unicorns and alicorns > pegasi > earth ponies.

• Brohoof 2

Well that depends on what you're measuring them in. Pegasus are obviously superior when it comes to flying while unicorns are superior when talking about magic. And I would guess that earth ponies are superior farmers. 

• Brohoof 1

NASCAR !

(Yes, I know, off-topic post... but I TOTALLY had to say it!  Please forgive me.)

• Brohoof 1

​Superior race?..... now that's some racist stuff right there..... Obviously each race has some advantages over the other races, but overall it takes all races in equestria to make it the place that it is. 

• Brohoof 2

Well that depends on what you're measuring them in. Pegasus are obviously superior when it comes to flying while unicorns are superior when talking about magic. And I would guess that earth ponies are superior farmers.

This list makes the most sense but luna tops them all.

Earth Ponies are Master Race, hands down. 

Extreme longevity (Several earth ponies in the show have been stated as currently or going to be hundreds of years old)

Superior strength (The Pie Family alone is packing some powerhouses like Maud Pie)

Reality Warping (Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich) 

Control over the life span of flora (Pinkie straight up sucked the life out of the entire orchard when her cutie mark was swiped with Applejacks, AND they were able to reverse all that damage by the next episode)

Broad knowledge of magics that even Unicorns are unaware of. 

Insanely gifted inventors and scientists 

Clairvoyance and extra sensory perception

Body manipulation (How many times has pinkie stretched, warped, or inflated her body? Also Pinkie can drill through the earth with her MANE.)

The list goes on

• Brohoof 7

Prpbably Alicorns?

Alot of people think unicorns because they are used to see twilight but most unicorns are ordinary..that isnt superior at all.

Earth ponies are pretty much awesome though and are powerhouses

• 2 weeks later...

I was first thinking Unicorns, but then I thought it could be Earth Ponies since they are the ones in control of the food, but if there was no weather with the Pegasi, there would be no food, but then food could be magically grown with Unicorns. All in all, it's kinda hard to say since there is kind of a checks and balance system happening.

Unicorns, because magic makes them powerful. Would an earth pony or pegasus win over somepony like Starlight? The answer is no

• Brohoof 1

This discussion again, really?  :huh:

Well depends on how its viewed. If we look at it from a measurement of raw talent and skills, then unicorns (or alicorns) take the cake. Time travel, reality warping, destructive magic, etc.

But if you're looking at it from a bigger long term picture, earth ponies prevail unanimously. As we saw in A Hearth's Warming Eve, earth ponies control and are the most efficient farmers. You can warp reality and time travel you say? Well unless you're an immortal alicorn who doesn't need food, good luck surviving without food not least of all your cupcakes, cupcake.  :toldya: 

I'm sure a race that values itself so much on the concept of harmony realizes the folly of being a king without a kingdom.  :sunbutt:

I am assuming this is only for the three primary pony races.

I like all of them, and color me biased due to my ponysona, buuuuuut....

Unicorns have the most potential.

Extreme longevity with the right spell.

Superior strength with the right spell.

Reality and Time Warping with the right spell.

Control over the life span of flora with the right spell.

Broad knowledge of magics as well as being taught much about it during their childhood.

Flight with the right spell, either with wings or just magic flying.

Teleportation.

Growing food with the right spell.

Insanely gifted inventors and scientists

Clairvoyance and extra sensory perception with the right spell.

Body manipulation of themselves and others with the right spell.

The list goes on

• Brohoof 1

Unicorns, because magic makes them powerful. Would an earth pony or pegasus win over somepony like Starlight? The answer is no

And how many unicorns are exactly like starlight? The answer is rarely

• Brohoof 1

And how many unicorns are exactly like starlight? The answer is rarely

Well yeah, I forgot about that. Regular unicorns aren't that powerful...

• 3 years later...

It really depends on what is being meant by superior. All three are very important to Equestria and they depend on each other.  If one were to simply perish then the others would too. 

If we're basing this off of ability and potential power then I would have to say the Unicorns. There are no limits to what a Unicorn do. This eccentially makes them overpowered, but because very few can actually have seemingly limitless power; the entirety of Unicorns aren't op. But yes, this does still mean that they are superior on the power scale. Like I said though, all three are vital for Equestria and they all need each other.