Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your life struggles?

Whirlwind

-I have depression.  I haven’t found a med that works, yet,  and I am also scared of putting the work out there to get better.   

There was a therapy scene in Rick and Morty (pickle Rick episode) that explained it well.  There was a part where she said, “The thing about repairing, maintaining, and cleaning is.. it’s not an adventure, there’s no way to do it so wrong you might die.  It’s just work... And the bottom line is that some people are okay with going to work, and some people.... well some people would rather die... Each of us gets to choose.”  

Im not saying I’d rather be dead, but my choice isn’t being okay with going to work.  So to speak. 

-I struggle with making friends.  I had a really bad one in high school who is for a lack of better words... dead to me now.  She treated me like garbage, gaslighted me all the time, humiliated me, and once even physically assaulted me when she found out I had been hurting myself, and told me she wouldn’t care if I killed myself.

It took a toll on me, and now that experience has made it hard for me to let new people into my life again.  It doesn’t help that I’m shy on top of that.   

@AppleButt Bruh you can't let your past experience influence your current ones too much I get it being depressed you sometimes want to think to yourself like this. Yo it just be like that every time bro, though like it isnt there be good people. There be out right really mean spirited people too. What though those people often do is they replenish their own egos by putting others down to have them feel worthless. 

You need to though be pretty open minded to talking to those other people while your past in your mind tells you not to. Though you know like depression is a lot like a clogged up artery only way to actually treat it is to clean it out you have to first begin to learn why you feel depressed. What's clogging it what is causing it, that's when you can actually treat meds only numb bro they never actually heal you of depression my friend.

Now onto myself yo, what wrong with me ain't much really I have depression which I feel isnt too uncommon nowadays. Social anxiety or rather anxiety in general can be somewhat difficult to deal with yet I mean I do it all good. Misophonia and pretty sure some autism too. I also often very hyper my dudes. So yeah I don't know bros, depression by itself pretty hard on me my dudes anxiety isn't helping me having friends and I also very isolated my dudes. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I have inattentive ADHD, PTSD, misophonia, depression, anxiety, and occasional migraines.

I don't have diagnosed panic disorder because I don't have panic attacks very often, but I had a pretty terrible one the other day. It was the first one in about a year and definitely the worst I've ever had. 

• I started out my adult life living in poverty. I did have a pretty decent okay living before I got out of high school, but it was on my grandma's savings. My dad hasn't had a job in years, but I mean he's had really bad health issues so... That got depressing really fast. I mean my 19th through 21st years of life were all depressing. And apparently being in poverty means you should barely be able to afford to survive day-to-day. You also get very few opportunities to get out of it thanks to corporate capitalism. :dry:
  • I am socially awkward. And not only that, I'm socially unskilled and downright socially incapable. Not only do I not know how to properly respond at times, I pretty much don't have any concept of how to start a conversation. And trust me it isn't as easy as people make it out to be for somebody like me. This makes me struggle to form many meaningful relationships with people. Luckily there's people that see through my social incapabilities. I was a selective mute as a child and would argue that I still am as an adult.
  • It has to do with the former but I have a bit of an anxiety problem. Not like I get panic attacks or anything (luckily I don't very often) but I do have this sort of anxiety in the background you might say that sometimes comes out in such ways as my difficulties in interacting with people (above), in a sort of laziness, and sometimes in uncontrollable tics. This along with the above and many other issues make me believe that I may also be on the autism spectrum. Though I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet.
  • Of course I also am a (physically male) non-binary that is mostly attracted to men (exclusively so in the romantic sense). Which is a sore issue n the not-so-great state of Texas, especially the non-binary part. Gender dysphoria is treated with not only a lack of regard, but in an actively discriminatory fashion by a majority of my peers. At least my sexual orientation isn't an issue as long as I simplify it to just being "gay". I used to also be a closeted transgender woman, but haven't since high school. Though I was only called the right pronoun a grand total of thrice the entire time anyways.
Edited by Dusknoir

• 4 weeks later...

To keep it simple
Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia.
they aren't a good combo.

Aside from that taking meds for some other stuff that are high expensive so i can't do much :v soooo.. it brings you back to the top circle

• 2 weeks later...

Making friends irl. I still can't get over that childish thing that if you like a person, you keep distance and try to be noticed indirectly (like talking about your interests when the person is nearby, etc. Also I recently noticed that my type of personality is completely plain and dull from the side, like imagine a guy just sitting and constantly browsing his phone and not paying attention for the things around

On 5/10/2020 at 1:18 AM, AppleButt said:

-I have depression.  I haven’t found a med that works, yet,  and I am also scared of putting the work out there to get better.   

Have you tried Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation?

It's really helped a good friend of mine named Matthew with his chronic depression. Said he woke up the next day completely different. 

I have no intention of selling it like some sort of cure or wonder treatment, but can you at the very least look into it and if you're eligible for it? 

It would mean a great deal to me if you at the very least looked into it.

Edited by Protomaru

Anxiety is the main thing for me, lots of social anxiety, also just general. It really sucks and it can really put a damper on doing things in life. Have had it for as long as I can remember.

Mental illness. Schizophrenia and depression. 

Gender dysphoria. Too poor to do anything about it. My body betrays me. The people around me don't get to see the real me.

Living in a terrible place with a terrible person and trying to get out but struggling. Above issues don't help.

After a recent bad spell I still don't feel the same as I did before. I need myself back.

I could never talk about all this sad stuff before. The dam is overflowing haha 

8 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

I could never talk about all this sad stuff before. The dam is overflowing hah

Your wonderful personally and cuteness shine brighter than the difficult life you are forced to deal with. It is inspiring, and makes me want to face my problems and try my very best!

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Vefka said:

Making friends irl. I still can't get over that childish thing that if you like a person, you keep distance and try to be noticed indirectly (like talking about your interests when the person is nearby, etc. Also I recently noticed that my type of personality is completely plain and dull from the side, like imagine a guy just sitting and constantly browsing his phone and not paying attention for the things around

I don’t pay attention either :derp:

You could always just tell stories if you can’t find anything about yourself to talk about. My life gets boring sometimes, too, at least depending on who I’m talking to. Really you could talk about anything random if you want.

• 4 months later...

The eating disorder is really just the gift that keeps on giving. Really glad this is a thing *grumbles*

That aside the self harming,depression,anxiety and such are still things. Mostly manageable things. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...