Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Custom Virtual Instruments (Soundfonts)

Michael Picher

(edited)

EDIT (8/2/16): I have started uploading the Soundfonts to my website (http://michaelpichermusic.wixsite.com/composer/free)!

I'm making my own high quality sampled virtual instruments, specifically to cater to those musicians who can't afford the major libraries...including myself. Everything from vintage synthesizers, to brass and woodwind instruments, to baby toys.

Are there any specific instruments they you guys would like to have in your musical arsenal?

You can check out a work-in-progress preview of some of the instruments, that I have built so far, in this video...

Edited by Michael Picher
  • Brohoof 1

I could certainly use some ranged brass.

Horn Groups (Mellow to Aggressive

Trombone Groups (Mellow to Aggressive)

Tuba Groups (Mellow to Aggressive)

Trumpet Groups (Mellow to Aggressive

Full Ensembles (Mellow to Aggressive)

Problem is...don't know how I can import this to my copy of Finale 2014.5.

I could certainly use some ranged brass.

Horn Groups (Mellow to Aggressive

Trombone Groups (Mellow to Aggressive)

Tuba Groups (Mellow to Aggressive)

Trumpet Groups (Mellow to Aggressive

Full Ensembles (Mellow to Aggressive)

Problem is...don't know how I can import this to my copy of Finale 2014.5.

I'll see what I can do!

You'll definitely be able to use my instruments in Finale. All you have to do is download Sforzando (unless you already have ARIA Player with your copy of Finale), and then open it up by going to the MIDI/Audio tab, click Audio Units Banks & Effects..., select one of the banks, and then select either Sforzando or ARIA Player. Click the pencil icon next to the drop down menu and then find the instrument you want. I'll make sure to make video tutorials when the instruments are ready.

I'll see what I can do!

You'll definitely be able to use my instruments in Finale. All you have to do is download Sforzando (unless you already have ARIA Player with your copy of Finale), and then open it up by going to the MIDI/Audio tab, click Audio Units Banks & Effects..., select one of the banks, and then select either Sforzando or ARIA Player. Click the pencil icon next to the drop down menu and then find the instrument you want. I'll make sure to make video tutorials when the instruments are ready.

I got ARIA player, so I think it's gonna work fine. 

I am highly interested in this. I currently have a decent built-in sound library for studio one, but the analog/wind instruments are at times, well, lacking...

I am highly interested in this. I currently have a decent built-in sound library for studio one, but the analog/wind instruments are at times, well, lacking...

There's nothing worse than a cheap-sounding virtual wind instrument. Especially brass instruments. I'll be sampling as much as I can on each instrument I have, so the virtual instrument can playback as realistically as a virtual instrument can.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I promised all you virtual instruments and I'm finally ready to unveil what I have so far...

I'm guessing that you'll want to start with the FREE ones, so here you go!

http://michaelpichermusic.wixsite.com/composer/free

Just use the "Virtual Instrument" drop down menu, at the top of the page, to see the other Soundfonts I have available right now. More to come, including more keyboards and brass instruments.

If any of you create pieces or songs with these instruments, I'd love to hear them!

(edited)

I have 7 different sound engines and libraries on my Korg Kronos...I wonder if there's a way I can import some of your sounds onto my Kronos...

I don't know anything about the Korg Kronos, so I can't help you there. All I know is that the virtual instruments should work in any DAW that can load Sforzando or ARIA Player as a VST or AU.

Edited by Michael Picher

I don't know anything about the Korg Kronos, so I can't help you there. All I know is that the virtual instruments should work in any DAW that can load Sforzando or ARIA Player as a VST or AU.

Ok. I'm still trying to get my MIDI connections to work on my Kronos...

• 1 month later...

I have uploaded a bunch of new free SoundFonts to my website!

http://michaelpichermusic.wixsite.com/composer/free

One is called "Miscellaneous Metal" and it contains an assortment of metallic strike, scrapes, and drones. Perfect if you want to add an industrial edge to your music.

Another is "8-Bit Chip", which is a simple tool for create 8-Bit video game-like music.

And finally, we have "Binaural Upright Piano". This virtual piano was recorded binaurally, which means it feels like you're sitting right in front of the keys when you play it with headphones on. It also includes key release samples as well as separately recorded samples for when the sustain pedal is both up and down.

Have fun playing around with these SoundFonts and if anyone does use them in a piece, I'd love to hear it! 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Please upload the metalest guitar you have! Something that sounds like the guitar from Dragonforce - Through The Fire And Flames.

Sorry, I'm not a guitarist and the only guitar I have access to is an old acoustic (which I will be turning into a virtual instrument eventually). However, you could try HumbuckerGuitar (http://www.pettinhouse.com/html/hg.html). There is a free version if you go to their "Downloads" page. I'm sure there are plenty of other virtual guitars elsewhere online, if you look around.