Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I don't get the concern with the portal

ManaMinori

Since it seems like the concern of FiM and EqG crossovers are still a debated issue, I want to talk concerns of the portal, what's ok, and what isn't.

When I thknk crosdovers, I imagine what most people think is EqG's noodle humans invading FiM.

But what I think that peopld forget is, when it comes to the topic of if SS should go back home, she'll be a pony again if that were to happen.

FS has shown up in FiM twice now (maybe 3) outside of the movies.likewise, Sunny has been seen in official FiM comics (The Fall of Sunset Shimmer, FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC comic). So there's that....

But for all the cries of "no EQD in FiM!" Or any portal interference, there no such upset exists for another alien life form who cross into FiM though interdimensional portals, the Breezies.

Why don't these portal crossing aliens get any hate and heat from fans, while Protests run rampant with EQG portal border crossing? Is it fair?

If the Breezies were trapped in a world where they didn't belong, would anyone bat an eye, or would they want the Breezies to return to the world where they rightfully belong? Isn't SS situation the same?

• Brohoof 1

I dont get the concerns either.

If they want to get some of the Equestria Girls Characters in Ponyville, im okay with that, i mean, wouldnt they all just turn into Ponys anyway, when they get there?

How about a Human, that only learned about Ponyville but never went there, but is fascinated with the World and secretly goes trough the Portal, randomly gets turned into an Unicorn and than causes Rampage in the World, with his new Powers?

Or something.

I dont know.

In my Opinion, they can make a crossover Episode.

I mean, it would just be for one Episode anyway.  :wacko:

Its not like the entire Series would change.

I dont get the concerns either.

If they want to get some of the Equestria Girls Characters in Ponyville, im okay with that, i mean, wouldnt they all just turn into Ponys anyway, when they get there?

How about a Human, that only learned about Ponyville but never went there, but is fascinated with the World and secretly goes trough the Portal, randomly gets turned into an Unicorn and than causes Rampage in the World, with his new Powers?

Or something.

I dont know.

In my Opinion, they can make a crossover Episode.

I mean, it would just be for one Episode anyway.  :wacko:

Its not like the entire Series would change.

they could, and pass it off as the FiM ponies thinking they're changelings or something. But find these "Changelings" are friendly, and don't harm them.

But for all the cries of "no EQD in FiM!" Or any portal interference, there no such upset exists for another alien life form who cross into FiM though interdimensional portals, the Breezies.

Not sure where you are getting your data, but if Sunset Shimmer were to show up in an episode in pony form ... there are certainly many fans who would welcome that 'interference' and I would be among them.

As far as the Breezies vs EqG ... that is simple ... fantasy element vs. approximation to reality. I am dubious as to the assumption you implied that the breezies were received with open arms. The general opinion I have seen is a resounding 'meh' ... with the moral and one annoying pixie bug in particular being what people preferred about that episode.

Not sure where you are getting your data, but if Sunset Shimmer were to show up in an episode in pony form ... there are certainly many fans who would welcome that 'interference' and I would be among them. As far as the Breezies vs EqG ... that is simple ... fantasy element vs. approximation to reality. I am dubious as to the assumption you implied that the breezies were received with open arms. The general opinion I have seen is a resounding 'meh' ... with the moral and one annoying pixie bug in particular being what people preferred about that episode.

Count me in the anti-breezies camp:  

The Breezies episode is one of my least favorite episodes of the whole series, whereas, I would love a crossover episode with EqG, at least with Sunset Shimmer returning for one or two episodes just to report on how badass and good at friendship she's become.  

PS If the breezies ended up in the middle of the fight with the Hoofields and McColts, then got caught between a rock and a watermelon, causing their demise, and then those hill billies were sucked into the breezie land never to be seen again....I wouldn't shed a single tear is what I'd saying. 

• Brohoof 1

The question is, is Equestria the place Sunset Shimmer rightfully belongs? It seems to me that SS chose to stay on her side of the portal, certainly at least after the events of Rainbow Rocks, where the portal became permanent, and that it IS where she rightfully belongs, simply because she made the choice to stay. Otherwise, you're saying no one should "rightfully" consider themselves a citizen of any other country other than the one they happened to be born in. Which stance I happen to disagree with, personally.

As for the Breezies, many don't like them and would certainly not welcome their return to the show, so it's not so different a situation to the EQG one for that sort of fan. Also, Flash Sentry's appearances in the show have been both brief and unvoiced, so it's hard to say his appearances are anything more than animator's cameos.

If humans characters would go through the portal, they would become ponies, and if ponies go through the portal, they would become humans, so I don't see the problem.

I just don't really see the point. I mean, most ponies exist in the EqG world, so it would be very confusing. But I guess that if it happens, it would be our only chance to see Sunset Shimmer as a pony again.

(edited)

The question is, is Equestria the place Sunset Shimmer rightfully belongs? It seems to me that SS chose to stay on her side of the portal, certainly at least after the events of Rainbow Rocks, where the portal became permanent, and that it IS where she rightfully belongs, simply because she made the choice to stay. Otherwise, you're saying no one should "rightfully" consider themselves a citizen of any other country other than the one they happened to be born in. Which stance I happen to disagree with, personally.

As for the Breezies, many don't like them and would certainly not welcome their return to the show, so it's not so different a situation to the EQG one for that sort of fan. Also, Flash Sentry's appearances in the show have been both brief and unvoiced, so it's hard to say his appearances are anything more than animator's cameos.

"Is Equestria the place Sunset Shimmer rightfully belongs?"

Looking at it on a small scale, one might say yes. She chose to stay with her human friends at he end of FG, rather than going back through the portal.

On a larger scale, definitely, absolutely not. (Neither do the sirens). You can't just pluck someone from one dimension and drop them permenantly in another, where everyone has a doppleganger. The concerns of Sunbutt, in the first movie, were briefly mentioned in movie 1, and again by Twilight, in movie 2. Evidence of prolonged stay and its consequence is shown in IDW's "Reflections" arc.

post-23572-0-65030800-1462810298_thumb.png

post-23572-0-13106800-1462812009_thumb.jpg

And with magic dictating the course of life in pony Equestria, at least, then surely, after enough time, the universe would try to correct the imbalance of having its magic in SS misplaced.

If the fan theory of human SS being dead is true, for example, is true, then PONY/now human SS shouldn't be there, and the universe would set events in motion meant to have her killed, because human Sunset Shimmer in that world, supposed to be dead

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 1

"Is Equestria the place Sunset Shimmer rightfully belongs?"

Looking at it on a small scale, one might say no. She chose to stay with her human friends at he end of FG, rather than going back through the portal.

On a larger scale, definitely, absolutely. (Same with the sirens). You can't just pluck someone from one dimension and drop them permenantly in another, where everyone has a doppleganger. The concerns of Sunbutt, in the first movie, were briefly mentioned in movie 1, and again by Twilight, in movie 2. Evidence of prolonged stay and its consequence is shown in IDW's "Reflections" arc.

And with magic dictating the course of life in pony Equestria, at least, then surely, after enough time, the universe would try to correct the imbalance of having its magic in SS misplaced.

If the fan theory of human SS being dead is true, for example, is true, then PONY/now human SS shouldn't be there, and the universe would set events in motion meant to have her killed, because human Sunset Shimmer in that world, supposed to be dead

Fixed that for you. :P For your point 2, I've read "Reflections", so I know what you refer to, but there's no evidence what happened in that comic applies to the EQG universe, as presented.

SS was there in the CHAU for 3 years, no sign of her doppelganger, or any indication that her magical unicorn powers were "missed" by Equestria or created any imbalance. (And saying that it would have had an effect later regardless, is pure speculation without evidence) Unless and until we see SS's original human doppelganger, we don't know what effect, if any, having 2 SSs would have on the CHAU. Twilight met her counterpart, and time didn't unravel forwards and backwards (Thank you, Portal 2!). It was only with SS stealing Twilight's crown that Equestrian magic of any form was introduced into the CHAU... even the Sirens were virtually powerless after being sent there... it took the crown being brought to the CHAU and it's residual power lingering in Canterlot High to give them even a sniff of regaining their old power.

That last sentence starts with a rather big "if", and the idea that the universe will want to "re-kill" SS sounds more like Final Destination than Friendship is Magic.

I'm not seeing why a crossover between FiM and EqG is necessary in the slightest.  

The only thing anyone even wants out of it anyway is Sunset Shimmer coming back to Equestria either on a temporary or permanent basis, but ultimately, what's the point? The only thing she has to gain from returning is amending her relationship with Celestia. Once that's done, what else does she have? She can't just jump right into the show, since as I've said several times, the mane five do not know her as anything more than the thief who stole Twilight's crown in the first film, and I think that this makes her incapable of fitting into even a secondary character role. The inclusion of Starlight even makes it all the more difficult for her to fit in.

And besides, she can't return to Equestria permanently anyway. She's the only main character of the film series, and thus she has no ability to abandon them unless they end. But I kinda doubt that's happening anytime soon.