Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Been Admitted To The Hospital?

Venomous

Have you ever been admitted to the hospital? If so, why?

Update: I have been admitted four times.

• Brohoof 1

Couple of times. Broke my arm pretty good, had surgery on that, and was admitted because my stupid body decided it wasn't going to come out of the anesthesia and stop breathing. lol. Good times.

Six weeks later, I had an abcess lung; 4 weeks hospitalized, 2 surgeries, and tried to die again. lol, my breathing capacity was so severely reduced that I had to be in a wheelchair for two months. That was fun times. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Just about 3 weeks ago I ended up in a car crash subject only to comparison to something that you'd typically see out of like an action movie, I managed to swerve out of control, off the road, into the side ditch, pop-flying off that slamming into a telephone pole, busting through that and causing it to split into 5 pieces, clearing a fence and landing 125 feet away into these ladies' horse field after rolling the car over 2.5 times and, by evidence of the .5 part of that, ended up landing upside-down......

I was quickly ambulance-d to the hospital in which I luckily still survived such an event, but once more, managed to be released from the hospital just a short 3 hours later in which it was determined that I hardly even had a couple cuts and bruises along my arm, and a sprained hip, a mild concussion, and that was pretty much it, other than that, completely fine... That was my first actual hospitalization since I was the size of a 9-pound watermelon. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Just about 3 weeks ago I ended up in a car crash subject only to comparison to something that you'd typically see out of like an action movie, I managed to swerve out of control, off the road, into the side ditch, pop-flying off that slamming into a telephone pole, busting through that and causing it to split into 5 pieces, clearing a fence and landing 125 feet away into these ladies' horse field after rolling the car over 2.5 times and, by evidence of the .5 part of that, ended up landing upside-down......

I was quickly ambulance-d to the hospital in which I luckily still survived such an event, but once more, managed to be released from the hospital just a short 3 hours later in which it was determined that I hardly even had a couple cuts and bruises along my arm, and a sprained hip, a mild concussion, and that was pretty much it, other than that, completely fine... That was my first actual hospitalization since I was the size of a 9-pound watermelon. ^_^

I can actually understand what that must have felt like. I was in a terrible car accident that involved the car flipping and hitting a bunch of stuff, too. I got out completely unscathed and I thought that was pretty amazing!

• Brohoof 1

Admitted to the hospital about 5 times in my lifetime. 

Most recently admitted for a combination of Pneumonia and Dengue Fever. 

I was coughing blood like crazy. 

I had appendicitis when i was 9, and had to undergo surgery. More recently however, when i turned 18, I was diagnosed with a rare sarcoma form of cancer, which had me going under the knife again, with a short period for recovery later.

I know I used to go a lot because I did dumb kid stuff. Most notably would be the time I chopped my finger off because I was three with a knife and thought it was a good idea somehow. It's probably my most distant memory besides my third birthday party.

Once when I was very very young (about 2); I had a hernia. I only remember waking up on the hospital bed leaving the operating theatre and getting a yellow smiley face sticker off of the doctor for being brave.

Quite often, it's why I hate hospitals there have been many reasons. One rather horrifying is I woke up one morning and couldn't walk. Yes as in I literally could not move my legs, no feeling whatsoever in my lower body I dragged myself using my hands out of my room. Fortunately the door was open or I would have been stuck in my room for a while. There are other reasons too, many illnesses I still very much dislike hospitals they're awful experiences.

Once to get stitches because brother threw a ceramic bowl at me which shattered onto my elbow, and my elbow got cut splitting open, needed stitches.

Also mental ward for a week because of stress, poor sleep, crises of faith(atheist now, and it occurred to me during a college history class) and poor diet.

(edited)

I have been, once when I broke my heel bone from jumping from too high years ago. My leg muscles have somewhat weakened. I can run fairly well, but I can hardly jump now at all, which saddens me because I really want to try skateboarding (even though I'm 6'2 but hey, Tony Hawk was that height)

Edited by Shabb3r

(edited)

I got admitted to hospital three times in total. Once when I got appendicite. It was supposed to be a short stay, but for some reason, the doctors refused to perform surgery. Instead, they treated me with antibiotics and I ended up staying two weeks with a needle in my arm (They were nice enough to switch arm after a week). The second time was when I got food poisoning in Thailand. People called the ambulance when they saw me throwing up blood. I stayed a few days. And the third time was when I was playing in my garden with our dog. I was young and stupid back then, I took the dog in my arms and started spinning around to see if dogs could get dizzy. I ended up being the one who got dizzy (after I finished spinning, the floor started moving up and down, just like a boat in a storm) and I fell and hit my head on a concrete border in my garden. Again, the ambulance was called, and I stayed the night in hospital, with a nurse waking me up every hour for safety reasons.

Addendum: To be fair, the third trip in hospital made me think.. I fell from my height (standing up) directly onto my head. The concrete border was probably a few cm high, so it wasn't exactly from my height, but a few cm won't make a difference.. So I started wondering, how high do you have to be for a fall on your head to be fatal ? Pretty grim thinking there.

Edited by boiteporte

Does a mental hospital count? If so...Yes. And I hated every moment of it.

I got in because I was screaming and crying and begging the therapists to leave me alone and let me not go back to therapy and I'll act normal...Looking back, those therapists were terrible because they sided with my emotional abusive and manipulative parents and told me I needed to mature...But because of my outburst I was forced into a mental hospital for a week...My parents urging me because they "love me" (they only tell me they love me when something drastic happens to me).

I was stuck there with teens who were even more messed up with me...I stayed on my best behavior so I wouldn't be stuck there for months...After I got out I was nearly put into another mental hospital but I managed to dodge the bullet.

Yeah...Kentucky is the worst place for mental health services...Right down to my father yelling me and calling me names just so I wouldn't commit suicide...Because apparently over there, commiting suicide is punishable by arrest. I don't get the world anymore.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Several times, for different reasons.

One time, I woke up in the middle of the night with a severe stabbing pain in my chest whenever I took a breath. Hurt like hell. Imagine a sharp pain every time you take a breath. I went to the hospital, where they did a bunch of tests. They couldn't figure out what it was and after a few hours at the hospital the pain just went away. They told me that people with a tall/skinny build like myself can be prone to a condition where basically your lungs can spontaneously collapse. That wasn't what was wrong with me but they thought it was that based on my symptoms. That was a few years ago and it never happened again.

That is by far my most interesting hospital story. The other times were just severe wounds that couldn't be patched up at home. I am generally a pretty healthy guy.

Edited by El Duderino