Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Been Admitted To The Hospital?

Venomous

I can't say I've ever spent the night in one, however..
Once a couple years ago, I fell back over a chair, and smashed my head off a steel door. Apparently I went down, had a seizure and woke up a minute or two later to my room mates in panic mode over me. I was in and out of the hospital, so I didn't really spend much time there, but I had a minor concussion from the fall.

Twice

The first time was when I discovered that I have diabetes, I spent 19 days in the hospital.

The second time was when my appendix inflamed, I spent 4 days in the hospital.

In the late summer/early fall of 2006, I ran into a pole and bruised my chin. I ended in the hospital, but fairly short, and just let it recover.

In spring 2007, I broke my wrist on a trampoline, and was at the hospital for almost the entire night, with an IV in my arm that wasn't injured. I got a cast on my arm for a month or two, then a wrist brace until summer that year.

• 4 weeks later...

I've only had 2 surgeries. One was for my pneumonia which I get every year and another was for a bump on my pinkie. Does that sound gross? Maybe.

Oh, a bunch of times. Broken collarbone when I was something like 6 (fell down a flight of concrete stairs). Broken arm when I was 20-something (rammed a tree on a bicycle when the brakes failed on a steep hill). Toxic fume inhalation (from working in a waste-water treatment plant). Had my hands rebuilt (they had been crushed by a falling steel beam at that same treatment plant). Oh, and my knee ligaments had to be re-attached after running across a field and my leg going into a rabbit hole. I fell forward, and my leg didn't move, so it folded over the wrong way.

A few times. The most significant experience was having my right hand reconstructed after having a comminuted and open fracture. Multiple surgeries. Also kidney stones with lithotripsy.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Once, when I passed out and I hit my head on the ground, I could walk but I had to go to the hospital to check does is everything alright with my head. I should say here how terrible are some hospitals in my city but maybe no...

Edited by Yarishia

(edited)

In 2015 , 1 week in the hospital due to gastroenteritis because I ate expired mayoinasse.

The taste was suspicious.

Edited by ZDisket

In 2015 , 1 week on a hospital due to gastroenteritis because I ate expired mayoinasse.

The taste was suspicious.

Bad mayonnaise keeps coming up in GD. I sense a conspiracy!

I have been admitted a few times, though it turned out to be nothing. The most serious of those times was when I gashed my knee when I was young (can't recall what age; possibly seven or eight) and when I contracted scarlet fever.

I've been there twice so far-- one week the first time, and half a week the second time.

I predict I'll probably end up in the hospital again before this year is out.

(edited)

Once. I had a hernia when I was a kid. Never really been admitted since.

Edited by Guest

Once, I was around 6 years old or so at the time. I fell off of my bunk bed, as I slept on the top bunk, and fell pretty hard onto the ground, hitting the edge of the bed on my way down. Not too entirely sure what else I fell on, but I somewhat remember telling my parents about falling and the next thing I remember was going to the hospital. Apparently I busted open my head above my left eye and had to have stitches to seal up the wound.

I've actually gone to the hospital a few times. My most recent visit happened when I was using the railroad to commute to the city.

I was halfway to the city when suddenly I felt faint. I ended up passing out and hitting the back of my head on a seat before hitting the ground.

An ambulance was waiting for me when I got to the city. It was my first time riding in an ambulance so that was kinda cool. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...