Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DVD screensaver corner bounce!

Katze

post-37786-0-54329800-1462800336_thumb.png                                              post-37786-0-41568600-1462800226.gif

I always thought I was just weird, maybe I still am  :adorkable: , but did anypony else used to stare at the DVD screensaver waiting for it to bounce perfectly in the corner?

My parents would walk in and ask what I was doing, and I would tell them I can't look away, that it was close. They would then look at each other and close the door slowly.

• Brohoof 8

I always watches those things too when I was young XD Good ol' times I tell ya.

Yay I'm not crazy  :lie: that or not the only crazy one.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

If you want a screen saver to watch, the best one ever is called "Johnny Castaway" for Windows 3.1:

It was random, I could sit for hours watching that guy scratch his butt!

As for DVD logo bumping the corners of your TV, that's really easy programming. You just negate the X and Y coords.

Pfffft you weirdos, I do that still if I use DVD yet like I mean something relaxing seeing it just do its thing. Do your thing and be yourself as no matter how many times you hit a wall you will bounce off it and continue living your life. That's what it taught me.

• Brohoof 1

One of the early computer games was "breakout" (or some variation on that name; early in the history of computer games, you couldn't copyright/patent the concept of a game so anything successful ended up with a thousand clones)

game.gif

so bouncing-object logos always remind me of that.

• Brohoof 2

On 5/9/2016 at 8:31 AM, Katze said:

did anypony else used to stare at the DVD screensaver waiting for it to bounce perfectly in the corner?

Yes. Yes I did. And no, I don't think I ever saw it bounce perfectly into a corner no matter how long I watched it :twismile:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

A very cheap screensaver, you have to realize, most money is spent on acquiring the mpeg2 codec rights. Fun when it is shit compared to mpeg4 of today!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 4:11 AM, CypherHoof 🐎 said:

One of the early computer games was "breakout" (or some variation on that name; early in the history of computer games, you couldn't copyright/patent the concept of a game so anything successful ended up with a thousand clones)

game.gif

so bouncing-object logos always remind me of that.

Did you play Arkanoid too by any chance:ooh:

Also, another well known game that bounces balls on the walls is Snood. Based on Bust-A-Move (Puzzle Bobble). I couldn't get my mom to stop playing Snood back in the XP days! :laugh:

13 hours ago, Splashee® said:

Did you play Arkanoid too by any chance:ooh:

Also, another well known game that bounces balls on the walls is Snood. Based on Bust-A-Move (Puzzle Bobble). I couldn't get my mom to stop playing Snood back in the XP days! :laugh:

Sure, but they were all derivative of that original breakout game (which was itself derivative of pong, of course)

• 2 years later...