Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SawmillTurtle

I have been thinking about the Tree of Harmony and how Celestia and Luna took the Elements from it 1000+ years before the Mane 6 ever existed. The Elements were each shaped like the cutie marks of ponies that would not be born for over a millenia.

Does this mean they were, in a sense, prophesied by the tree itself? The tree shows some level of sentience, so I have to wonder if the tree helped to bring them into existence or possibly worked unseen to manipulate the events that helped form their characters. There is no way this is a coincidence. There are far too many factors and far too many years involved to dismiss it as something that "just happened."

I thought maybe it could be like a Legend of Zelda-type world, where the characters continue to be reborn so that they can continue to play the same roles.

Thoughts on this?

I do like to think that there was a sense of predestination going on here. In fact, one of the books hints at this when a certain bearded wizard seems to be aware of Twilight about a thousand years before she bears the Element of Magic.

I do like to think that there was a sense of predestination going on here. In fact, one of the books hints at this when a certain bearded wizard seems to be aware of Twilight about a thousand years before she bears the Element of Magic.

onlyTwilight's element resembled her cm before she was born. The other elements were mere crystals that resembled each other in cut.