Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle connected to the Tree of Harmony?

heavens-champion

That would be an interesting spin - I'd be cool to see an episode or arc where she felt a connection to the tree of harmony, or the elements or something and felt a sixth sense thing.

Although, am I wrong that the tree of harmony is no more?

• Brohoof 1

Although, am I wrong that the tree of harmony is no more?

You are indeed wrong, the tree is very much still there, it was the Golden Oak Library that was destroyed.

Twilight does have a link with the Tree of Harmony, as do the rest of the mane six, and indeed the royal sisters, as all of their cutie marks appear on the tree.  What we don't really know, is just how deep the connection between the tree and the (former) bearers of the elements is.  Even with the elements returned to the tree, the link remains as we saw in 'Twilight's Kingdom', the rainbow power of friendship that replaced the elements as the source of the mane 6s power was still rooted (no pun intended) in the tree.

• Brohoof 1

When it comes to the tree of harmony and Twilight there is a type of connection due to it having the symbol of her cutie mark on it.

But I believe that it is because the symbol in particular represents equestrian magic in general, and when Twilight discovered her special talent lied in magic after passing Celestia's exam, she managed to earn her cutie mark.

It was the symbol on the tree of harmony that came first.

Starswirl apparently knows about Twi's destiny and connection to the tree according to the Journal of the Two Sisters :huh:

Well that's mainly due to the Tree having a giant Honking version of her Cutie mark on it: they even make sure to call attention to this in Princess twilight sparkle by twilight yelling "Its my cutie mark!" when she sees the tree in case little kids didn't get the memo :P

Honestly, I kind of hate that; I really never liked the whole "Destined" crap, and prefer heroes to instead not have things stacked in their favor to succeed.

• Brohoof 1