Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web FireFox users unite!

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

I really thought there would be a thread for this, apparently not though. With that, FIREFOX! Amazing web browser, I just recently switched to it and it is amazing. So incredibly stable and the UI is very clean and easy to navigate, not the mention the awesome themes. :3

Anyone else here a FireFox user? Any particular favorite thing about it? You can also show off your theme if you wish. :)

• Brohoof 6

I love and use Firefox. I liked it a little more when they didn't redesign it to look like a Chrome clone though. :/

Good to see you posting, @Kyoshi.

• Brohoof 1

Not a user, but I tried to convert when my Chrome started having some WebGL problems. 

Took a long time to figure out how to change the language (I prefer my internet stuff to be in English rather than my native language), I had to download an extension to change the 'locale'.. Why isn't that a normal feature?!

Then after that, I went into my email and saw a "it seems you're using an ad blocker" message that I never saw on the same website using the SAME ad blocker (uBlock Origin) on Chrome. At that moment I was pissed off enough after the locales and decided to give up Firefox forever. It was probably a bit harsh, but I mean, what normal browser or ANY program doesn't have a simple thing such as being able to change the language?!

I use it on my Linux PC, but on my main I use Chrome. The reasoning being chrome seems to be faster for most of my web needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, it's a thing alright.  I've been using Firefox pretty much since it was invented.  Couldn't imagine using crusty old Internet Explorer now.  It'd be like drawing in the dirt with sticks.

Hey, @Kyoshi, I'd highly recommend the μblock plugin for Firefox.  It's a really good adblocker, and much less resource intensive than others.  You can find it by searching for ublock, but it's actually the Greek letter "μ" (mu).

Another good tip (for anyone) would be to use duckduckgo.com for your search engine, rather than the all-seeing eyes of Google.  You can search google (and tons of other common sites) directly through it, but you won't be tracked as you are on google.  Plus there's a billion other great features that I haven't even gotten into.

And now, this:

• Brohoof 1

When I'm doing web development at work, I'm typically using chrome because it has some really nice debugging tools. At home though, I've always been a Firefox guy. It's mostly because I feel like I can trust Mozilla more than Google and Microsoft, though I couldnt exactly use Internet Explorer even if I wanted to.

As a side note, I'm looking forward to their new rendering engine. Though it's not exactly in a ready state yet, it looks like they're really focusing on nailing performance.

I hate Chrome. It's too heavy and gets those annoying browser viruses (like babylon and that crap) really easily in my experience. Plus, FireFox looks better and is faster. It also got the best name ever to its advantage.

Use Firefox mainly because I don't like supporting Google more than I need to, and I don't like Chrome's design or addons.

For me, Firefox gives me more of the addons I want. I do also wish it was less Chrome-like though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I use Firefox myself, it has been basically my main browser since I stopped using Opera years ago.

I am always confident when I use this browser because of it's ergonomic and easy to use interface.

It's sometimes buggy though with scripts errors, but it has been less lately.

Edited by Cosmic V0rtex

The one feature that I have found to be especially helpful to me on Firefox is the Restore Previous Session button. it pulls up all the tabs you had open when firefox was running last. This is especially helpful when my computer randomly crashes (not due to the browser, just an older computer)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Firefox has never done me wrong~ I remember I switched to chrome years ago cos someone started making MLP skins for it but the novelty wears off when certain other browsers are massive resource hogs and sell your info to everyone.

I'm in a connection blackout rn but Firefox still gets it done!

Unironic uwu

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Firefox for a couple of years now. I have a couple of issues with it on mobile, but it works perfectly on all my other devices.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just remember several years ago hearing something about how Google was going to update Chrome to not allow adblockers anymore. I don't think that ever happened? Might have been some crap honestly, but that plus my growing privacy concerns at the time was enough to push me over the edge to Firefox, and I've never had a reason to look back.

I will say the mobile version feels kinda... like they made it worse at some point, because I remember it being pretty clean when I started using it, then an update hit that just made everything take more clicks to get through for no apparent reason. Might just be me though.

• 1 year later...