Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Developer Forums!

Fhaolan

There’s been something conspicuously absent from Octavia’s Hall for awhile now, a creative endeavour that was not explicitly supported yet critical to the brony community.

^5906F645F2516E35206AFD107A63FE03AC743EAE0C2BAD7B49^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

A special forum specifically for the Developers among us. The coders, the designers, the architects. Show off your designs and apps, look for help and critiques, get those pony apps out there!  :sunbutt:

https://mlpforums.com/forum/222-pony-games-apps-and-dev-projects/

This was one of the many projects @@Jeric was spearheading before life happened and he had to step down from staff. You’ll probably see more going live over the next few months.  :D

If you find any appropriate topics in other locations that should be moved to the new forums, let us know either by 'reporting' them or PMing a staffer.

• Brohoof 15

Coincidentally, I just recreated my personally development environment recently to help keep my mind busy.

I am honestly curious as to the interest level of the community on tailor made tutorial threads on both app and web dev.

• Brohoof 5

Coincidentally, I just recreated my personally development environment recently to help keep my mind busy.

I am honestly curious as to the interest level of the community on tailor made tutorial threads on both app and web dev.

I am definitely interested. I have been wanting to get into programming for some time. It's definitely a less appreciated art in the brony fandom though.

Is this for MLP-related code projects only? I've had an idea for a project brewing for a while but I'm not sure if I can post it, since it's non-MLP related.

• Brohoof 1

Is this for MLP-related code projects only? I've had an idea for a project brewing for a while but I'm not sure if I can post it, since it's non-MLP related.

If it's totally non-MLP, then it's probably better off in the non-Pony Artwork forum, with a .... huh. We have Game as a prefix/category... Is it a game? Is there a better descriptor for it? I can always add a new prefix/category.

• Brohoof 1

I really think what belongs and doesn't belong in the forum should be communicated clearly. Before I make a time investment in creating a series of tutorials for iOS/Swift and Android Development, I would like to know that the fruits of the membership's labor could be housed there.

• Brohoof 2

I really think what belongs and doesn't belong in the forum should be communicated clearly. Before I make a time investment in creating a series of tutorials for iOS/Swift and Android Development, I would like to know that the fruits of the membership's labor could be housed there.

iOS development? Yes please.

Glad to see a general programming forum round here. I think I know where my new hangout is :)

• Brohoof 3

Okay, I'm going to make an executive decision. ;) The new Developer's forum will include non-MLP stuff, and we will provide a prefix/tag 'Non-Pony' for use in there. Because, in my mind, development is a bit different from other mediums. With a painting or a writing project you pretty much have to start out with the subject firmly in mind. It's going to be MLP from the get-go. But with coding, the MLP-ness of it more likely to be a gloss put on at the end, and is not inherent in the project itself.

We'll see how that goes. We can always rearrange later if it turns out that's a bad decision. :)
  • Brohoof 3