Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Gaming: We Have a Problem with Elitism

as i can see from your posts you will not move your position on this subject very much and wash of some fairly decent points. something i do not agree with. so i take my leave before i get in a full blown argument something i would prefer not to get into as it would make this thread very toxic. so goodbye i will no longer be making replies to this thread

Untrue. If someone presents a solid case, I always listen to it and I will move my position based upon said case, however few people have presented a solid case. I'm sorry I have not replied to your posts yet, but I can only reply to so much at one time, patience is key.

Also leaving in the manner you have is kind of rude. Like you didn't need to leave like this. I will respond to your posts accordingly.

like I have said earlier these problems will not go no matter how much you want them to console generations will always fight as will fandoms as will everything on the internet it is only more evident now because of the internet. it will not go away because you are trying to change how people think we cant just wish this away and go back to life no matter how hard people try it will always be there. regarding addressing the issues within the pc community they are already acknowledged but they are near impossible to change.

I agree it's difficult, but if the general mentality is to not just let such behavior pass without a second glance it might have an effect.

I agree with what you are saying for the most part. but this is a problem that just cannot be solved there are millions of people willing to fight for what they love and they wont go away we could move mountains and they would stay firm and unrelenting. I say we just leave this matter we cant change it no one can just leave it be its a problem yes but not one we can fix as there will always be those that will defend what they love no matter what we do or how we do it. they wont go away

I disagree with the mentality of "a problem can't be fixed so let's do nothing."

Sorry it's not a matter of me being stuck in my viewpoint unwilling to see other's viewpoints, because that is far from the case. It's just that the reasoning being presented to me is more or less either "it's not a problem" when I have proved it is. Or "Well we should do nothing" which is not a good mentality to have. I go based upon sound reasoning. Present sound reasoning and I will gladly adhere to that.

However when you insult me by just saying I will be unwilling to change my viewpoints just because you present shoddy reasoning that wouldn't convince anyone, it leads me to believe that you lack the reasoning and logic needed to back up your point. When you present a poor argument, I counter it with a proper argument, I don't just say you're unwilling to change your ways and take the moral high ground as I tell everyone I am leaving because clearly I am just better than you and you just can't see my superior point of view like you're doing here.

Like I disagree with people here, sure. But I am RESPONDING to them. I am giving them respect. I am giving their arguments a proper response, a proper counter argument, whether or not they agree with it. I am not just saying they just can't see my superior viewpoint like you're doing here.

If you can't present a good argument, then just walk away. You don't need to insult people who have a different point of view by implying they just can't move from their viewpoint. The reason why my view has not changed is because you have not presented sound reasoning. You have not created a compelling argument as to why I should change my viewpoint. You're just saying "eh we should do nothing about it because there's nothing we can do."

If anything you've proven that YOU are unwilling to move from your viewpoint by more or less ignoring my arguments against it, dismissing it with shoddy reasoning and then letting yourself out instead of providing a sufficient counter point.

V  is providing reasoning and logic, as is Goat. We are disagreeing, but we are using points to counter arguments accordingly. Not just going "well I'm right, you can't see it because you just won't accept it, so I'm going to let myself out."

A little more respect to people who disagree with you may actually encourage them to listen to you more.

TL;DR version: Nice try, but I can see right through your attempt to try and claim you're right and walk away when you have no evidence or logic to support it.

It does not mean we should excuse this talk and not point out how it is damaging to the community.

You're the only person here who has a problem with it. Your average console player and average PC player don't care about what close minded individuals say. They play the games they like, and they don't say anything to the other party. And honestly telling a group of people who don't already listen to reason to stop being elitist jerks, isn't going to do anything.

Yes, this type of behavior isn't good for a community, but last I checked PC gaming isn't a community in the traditional sense. PC gaming, and well gaming in general, has gotten way to big to be moderated. That's why we have smaller communities within PC gaming, because we can moderate those.

Look, I'm not going to argue on this any longer. Me, and clearly many other individuals, don't find people of this nature to be a large enough threat to reasonably damage PC gaming as a whole. Elitist are a joke. Literally a meme.

• Brohoof 1

You're the only person here who has a problem with it. Your average console player and average PC player don't care about what close minded individuals say.

I will submit that you may have a point there. I can not gauge how many other people have an issue with the problem. I mean clearly here, in this setting I am one of the few. So I will concede to that.

They play the games they like, and they don't say anything to the other party. And honestly telling a group of people who don't already listen to reason to stop being elitist jerks, isn't going to do anything.

True, though I believe it would discourage the behavior. Though I could be wrong.

Yes, this type of behavior isn't good for a community, but last I checked PC gaming isn't a community in the traditional sense. PC gaming, and well gaming in general, has gotten way to big to be moderated. That's why we have smaller communities within PC gaming, because we can moderate those.   Look, I'm not going to argue on this any longer. Me, and clearly many other individuals, don't find people of this nature to be a large enough threat to reasonably damage PC gaming as a whole. Elitist are a joke. Literally a meme.

You make some valid points there I suppose. I guess I can concede to that. Perhaps the problem can be weeded out over time through smaller communities. 

@@Key Sharkz

I think the problem here is that it's easier to hear about toxic people than non-toxic ones. It's just like the news. You'll hear about all the places where things are being blown up, but you won't hear about all the other places where nothing happens.

I've only once been in a toxic community, which was cs:go public servers in Europe. There are just too many Russian people better at the game than me, that complain that I'm bad.

So to sum that up, the places I've been:

Toxic:

cs:go

Non-toxic:

TF2

Starbound

Dark Souls

Garry's Mod

Crosscode

Borderlands

KSP

I could go on. But I won't. Because I ran out of games.

If you're in a room with 30 people, your attention would be drawn on the two guys who are loudly complaining about everyone. That doesn't mean that the other 28 are bad too.

The main reason I see a pre-built as a waste of money is that if you build a PC on price, you will have something more powerful. If you compare a store-bought PC to a self-built PC on performance. it will be less expensive

See, I would normally agree, but when I bought my PC, I did research on building it and buying all the parts would have come out to at least the same price I payed for my PC. Maybe I just got lucky and found the one well priced PC. I see people spend thousands of dollars on building a PC sometimes. It's not always cheaper. 

I see people spend thousands of dollars on building a PC sometimes. It's not always cheaper. 

The current price for my PC (bearing in mind I have a 980 Ti) is just under $1,500, and that is with Windows 10 Home included. As my example comparison of a pre-built, I use will use Digital Storms's VANQUISH 5 on price point. The Level 3 version that is $1,449 comes with the following:

• Intel Core i7-6700
  • GTX 970 (doesn't say which model, I'm assuming the reference model)
  • 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
  • 240GB Solid State Drive (assuming 2.5" form factor)
  • 1TB 7200RPM HDD
  • Z170 Motherboard
  • 750W Power Supply
  • DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW
  • LED Internal Lighting
  • Microsoft Windows 10

Yes, you would get an i7 over my i5-6600, slightly faster RAM (2400 vs. 2666 MHz), and more SSD space. (240 vs. 128 GB, but my M.2 drive is used for Widows and nothing more) You don't get a 980 Ti (EVGA Superclocked version to be specific) or a 2 TB HDD. I also don't think the 750W PSU is a bit much. It would be more power efficient than what I have (620W 80+ Bronze), but mine is $62, versus a 750W for anywhere between #85 on up to $100. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

See, I would normally agree, but when I bought my PC, I did research on building it and buying all the parts would have come out to at least the same price I payed for my PC. Maybe I just got lucky and found the one well priced PC. I see people spend thousands of dollars on building a PC sometimes. It's not always cheaper. 

Actually, that depends. I built my new pc off of price bargains from my fellow pc builder friends and this is my gaming PC around 800$ (all are approximation). All parts are released either this year or last year except for psu, hdd ans ssd. It's for graphic works and gaming.

Intel Core i3-6098 Skylake - 86$

8GB DDR4 Kingston HyperXFury RAM 2133MHz - 42$

Gaming MoBo Asus B150 Pro Gaming Aura - 141$

R9 290X 2GB with custom 3 fan cooler - 248$ <<< cheapest a person could ever offer ^_^

128GB SSD M.2 - 32$

1TB HDD WD - 40$

750W Seagate PSU - 133$

Asus Int BluRay player 16x - 86$

Cheap casing with usb 3.0 and ssd bay - 28$

Win 8.1 Pro 64bit - Pirate!

Total: 836$

see? I even throw a Blu Ray drive just to play some of my friends blu ray disc. This PC can play GTAV at max above 50FPS

Edited by CP3_P0n3
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Actually, that depends. I built my new pc off of price bargains from my fellow pc builder friends and this is my gaming PC around 800$ (all are approximation). All parts are released either this year or last year except for psu, hdd ans ssd. It's for graphic works and gaming.

Intel Core i3-6098 Skylake - 86$

8GB DDR4 Kingston HyperXFury RAM 2133MHz - 42$

Gaming MoBo Asus B150 Pro Gaming Aura - 141$

R9 290X 2GB with custom 3 fan cooler - 248$ <<< cheapest a person could ever offer ^_^

128GB SSD M.2 - 32$

1TB HDD WD - 40$

750W Seagate PSU - 133$

Asus Int BluRay player 16x - 86$

Cheap casing with usb 3.0 and ssd bay - 28$

Win 8.1 Pro 64bit - Pirate!

Total: 836$

see? I even throw a Blu Ray drive just to play some of my friends blu ray disc. This PC can play GTAV at max above 50FPS

AMD Fx-8320 eight-core processor

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

1.81 TB hard drive

16 GB RAM

8 usb ports

DVD drive (I wish I had Blu Ray)

Windows 10 home 64bit pre-installed

Came with gaming keyboard and mouse (nice little addition, although doesn't matter too much)

I payed about $800. From my research (I'm no expert) it would have cost at least the same to build it. To be fair, I did a hell of a lot of digging to find this deal, but my point is that it isn't always cheaper to build if you know where to look. I can run every new AAA game titles that I have tried on high settings at over 50fps (because you mentioned it, this includes GTA V).

Edited by El Duderino
  • Brohoof 1

Snip

Of course they want better settings when those settings were promised to them along with a big white corporate smile and an even bigger pre-order button.

You have misunderstood the whole elitism thing. Have you ever heard about the downfall of Starcraft II or about the playing creed of old school Dota players? They are both connected to the elitism I speak of. These people were against any kind of change that would reduce their APM (actions per minute) or make gameplay more accessible to the new player, screaming loudly that this would trivialize their games. Blizzard listened. Valve, thankfully, did not. Then there is elitism connected to ELO/rank, or as many like to call it: E-peen. Your rank is often put forth when someone wants to make your argument invalid without investing any mental energy into his/her own argument. And so on and so forth.

So, now our own argument has boiled down to this: an undefined number of people on the internet are mean to some other people on the internet because of trivial reasons. Look, I have been a casual PC gamer all my life and I too have my beef with console-focused companies. However, the specific problem you are describing is to me a very minor one that does not need to be addressed. Right now I’m watching Epicenter Dota competition and fans of various teams are throwing insults at each other in abundance. I believe that a similar thing is happening between PC and consoles. People will always be mean to each other over such petty competitions and it is not on us to police them. You do not want to go down the road of the other “PC” community. It can make this “problem” much worse than it is.

(edited)

Correction, 4 GB of VRAM Actually has 4 gigs, unlike certain Nvidia cards. :orly:

congrats for spotting it my my friend :D

AMD Fx-8320 eight-core processor

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

1.81 TB hard drive

16 GB RAM

8 usb ports

DVD drive (I wish I had Blu Ray)

Windows 10 home 64bit pre-installed

Came with gaming keyboard and mouse (nice little addition, although doesn't matter too much)

I payed about $800. From my research (I'm no expert) it would have cost at least the same to build it. To be fair, I did a hell of a lot of digging to find this deal, but my point is that it isn't always cheaper to build if you know where to look. I can run every new AAA game titles that I have tried on high settings at over 50fps (because you mentioned it, this includes GTA V).

nice pre built pc, you must be pretty darn lucky. though i feel sceptical about the motherboard, ram and psu model with price like that, anyway its awesome spec 8) Edited by CP3_P0n3
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
Ask them that. They use said build in their guide to switching to PC that is posted on the sidebar. So this is the rig that the reddit chose.   Second of all, how is it "insulting" to criticize them? Criticism =/= Insults.   This is part of the issue. It's okay to criticize consoles all day long but the moment someone even criticizes a VALID criticism about PC, suddenly it's an insult. It's a personal attack and it can not be allowed.

I'm sure not every single member of the reddit subcommunity told you to use that guide. Generalizing it to work with your argument isn't too helpful. And it is a bit insulting to judge people based upon other people of their community.

And then people will tell you having a mechanical keyboard is the "definitive" way to play. I am just pointing out that why advertise PC as the best platform if you are encouraging people to play in a way that does not maximize the platform.

A PC makes a good platform because you don't have to go all out to be able to use one. So being able to say, "Meh, I don't need an $80 keyboard" is a good thing. If games are truly about skill and not gear, then unless you're using something that's broken, it shouldn't be an issue. I could use a cheap keyboard that came with a pre-purchased computer for nearly all my games. And about the 3/16 of an inch shorter button press that some keyboards advertise. You don't need it. Emphasis on need.

So do console games, and a lot of the time they are the same type of games: games that you wouldn't buy otherwise. Truthfully sales on like AAA titles which are ones that people buy the most of, only go on sale during select periods or after the game is so old that it's on sale everywhere else already anyways. Like the biggest benefit of Steam is games go on sale SOONER. However if you want to save the most money, waiting is always the best way.

Let this not be expected of everyone, but, allow me to present you a scenario. You just downloaded a game on Steam. You play it a while, and you get yourself an item. You can manage to work your way up the community market and make money out of nothing. Overall, I myself have made around 30 dollars on the Steam Community Market. Enough to buy a half-off AAA title. And I don't work too hard to do it. I've seen people work it like the stock market. Some people even make it into a game. However, retail sales at actual stores can be better at times, that is true.

The majority of games play AAA titles which have high graphic demands. My whole point is that if I am using a PC to replace my console, I want to play the same games. Needing to upgrade only a few years after I got the PC to play the same games I would be playing on console kind of means PC gaming isn't cheaper. What you're proposing is "cheaper... If you change your taste in games", but the same could be said about consoles too. Consoles can get much cheaper if you don't play as many AAA titles too.   I play AAA games though. Any platform I game on should be able to play said AAA titles, and I do not think that is an unrealistic expectation because if a PC I built 2 years ago can't run a game that I can get on my 3 year old PS4 just fine, then clearly PC gaming isn't cheaper.

At the point where big titles are getting, it's hard to expect any one device to run them well. Microsoft already has the Xbox One using the processing power of big in-house computers to render your games (of course this requires you to pay for Xbox Live). You could do a similar thing with a PC, where you could hook up your computer to other ones and use them to process things remotely. Some small companies offer this as a service. It's generally cheaper than upgrading your own computer, but it comes at a price. Though as I mentioned, access to the console version of this technology (at least in terms of Microsoft consoles) costs you money as well. And of course, if you choose to take a hiatus from your gaming, you'll continue to be charged for a feature you're not using.

Or you just want to play modern games...

I personally find a lot of the problem within those modern games themselves. Most of the FPS console games or AAA titles become a breeding ground for self-centered rank-obsessed people. Maybe modern games need to change a little for the people who play them to change as well. 

Edited by \/

I'm sure not every single member of the reddit subcommunity told you to use that guide. Generalizing it to work with your argument isn't too helpful. And it is a bit insulting to judge people based upon other people of their community.

It is a guide that many people reference when making the argument of "why switch to PC" and there are few objections to it being used in the sidebar in the comments section of said guide. So clearly everyone is okay with the reddit using it as a representation. So it is a perfectly valid argument to criticize it.

However if you would like to propose a different build that is cheaper as your argument of why PC gaming is cheaper, I am all ears.

A PC makes a good platform because you don't have to go all out to be able to use one. So being able to say, "Meh, I don't need an $80 keyboard" is a good thing. If games are truly about skill and not gear, then unless you're using something that's broken, it shouldn't be an issue. I could use a cheap keyboard that came with a pre-purchased computer for nearly all my games. And about the 3/16 of an inch shorter button press that some keyboards advertise. You don't need it. Emphasis on need.

Fair enough. I concede that.

Let this not be expected of everyone, but, allow me to present you a scenario. You just downloaded a game on Steam. You play it a while, and you get yourself an item. You can manage to work your way up the community market and make money out of nothing. Overall, I myself have made around 30 dollars on the Steam Community Market. Enough to buy a half-off AAA title. And I don't work too hard to do it. I've seen people work it like the stock market. Some people even make it into a game. However, retail sales at actual stores can be better at times, that is true.

Eh, I don't really feel you make a lot off of the marketplace really to consider it a form of saving. I mean true, you can make a little cash off of selling Steam cards and in game items, but really it's nothing too substantial.

At the point where big titles are getting, it's hard to expect any one device to run them well.

Every time a new game comes out, my PS4 runs it just fine. :\

Microsoft already has the Xbox One using the processing power of big in-house computers to render your games (of course this requires you to pay for Xbox Live). You could do a similar thing with a PC, where you could hook up your computer to other ones and use them to process things remotely. Some small companies offer this as a service. It's generally cheaper than upgrading your own computer, but it comes at a price. Though as I mentioned, access to the console version of this technology (at least in terms of Microsoft consoles) costs you money as well. And of course, if you choose to take a hiatus from your gaming, you'll continue to be charged for a feature you're not using.  

PS+ costs like $50 for a year. Add $50 to a console price and you're looking at like $350 for the first year, hell, add 3 years and you're looking at like $450 for 3 years, which would be around what you'd pay for an economy PC build that after 3 years you more than likely will need to upgrade. So many PC gamers try to insist that paying for PS+ or Xbox Live somehow makes the consoles more expensive, but it really doesn't. Most people pay in advance. If you can't afford $50 over a year even (which is way less than you'd spend on PC) then you just shouldn't even be playing games modern games.

I personally find a lot of the problem within those modern games themselves. Most of the FPS console games or AAA titles become a breeding ground for self-centered rank-obsessed people. Maybe modern games need to change a little for the people who play them to change as well. 

Okay, but that's not really an argument. That's basically telling people they need to change their preference in games to make PC "cheaper" or more enjoyable which basically is admitting that it's not cheaper unless you change your entire outlook on games. 

How do I begin with......

I don't think we have a problem with elitism, but a problem with the big industry itself. With big failures like The Order 1886, RCTWorld, Quantum Break and other bullsh*t, many gamers around me and myself are not so easily satisfied anymore by the big guys.

And do you guys remember Alien Rage?

242747804.jpg

The AAA game was promoted as an back-to-it's-roots shooter with Doom/Quake style gameplay and intense action. It was all misleading advertising. The game was nothing but an generic Sci-Fi CoD with broken singleplayer and other sh*t that's seen by the classic shooter fans as insulting.

I'm glad to hear the new Doom healed the wounds with it's singleplayer campaign, which kept it's roots. And I really hope Shadow Warrior 2 will be as good, or else I have to scrap another AAA title from my wishlist once again. Those 2 are the only on the list. The rest of them are AA games and little titles like Planet Coaster, Yooka-Laylee and A Hat in Time. I get the feeling they know what they're doing, put more effort in their creation and know who their audience is.

Whoa what a surprise. The people with the superior tech and power are elitists. Next you'll tell me that racism exists or something.[/sarcasm]

I think the issue simply stems from human nature. when you're computer runs GTA at above 60 on ultra, when the PS4 and Xbone run at 30 on what is basically somewhere between high and medium, it would make sense to see yourself as better. Not only that, but Indie games are way more common, and we've had MMOs since basically the internet.

If you can play the current gen at even 30 FPS on ultra graphics, you actually have no reason to play that game on a console. It's even worse when companies mess up PC ports (Arkham Knight) or even block things out of the visual experience (Watch Dogs had things like leaves blowing and whatnot in the E3 presentation, but they were hidden away in the final game)

PC gamers with high end equipment have high standards and are elitists because they have the tech to be elitists. Because they're computer will be of way better quality than console, and yet they're getting the same quality?

Also, the DOOM multiplayer just felt like Quake, and that's still going on PC. So it was basically a waster of a beta. You don't see anyone complaining about Overwatch on PC.

Its times like these when the devs had suddenly lost their minds by completely ignoring the games for the PC for their cash-grab tactics to work. And they succeeded in doing so. Then they'll just start to innocently apologize to their fans regarding their games being poorly optimized for PC and "promise" them for their games to be well-optimized, when in reality, there's no guarantee that they'll run perfectly even on high-end PCs. Of course, that isn't to say other PC gamers themselves who tends to be rather self-centered by telling others to "get a better PC", which is baffling, really. Not to mention being defensive and won't admit the fact that not all games are optimized to perfection; some were rushed before they were considered playable. Even the most powerful PCs can't handle the game's abysmal performance with a plethora of problems once that game has been booted up to go because of no proper optimization. Sure I could get the console version myself, but sadly, even if I had the money to buy them, there is virtually no room for me to set them up. I'd need an HDMI switcher to do so (as my TV is limited to only two HDMI slots; one for my cable and the other for the PS3. Plus, its mounted against the wall).

I even despise my own kind when I've been told by other PC gamers who consistently brag on how powerful or godlike their "powerful" PCs are, even saying that poorly-optimized games aren't badly optimized; they'll just say "you just need to have a better PC" as a form of excuse, when its obviously not true. Even the devs themselves would say the same thing, or they'll simply go silent like as if they've stopped showing an ounce of care for their own fans. Sure my PC isn't the best, but it gets the job done at least when it comes to having a decent video card. And I'd love to build a secondary PC that's purely for gaming, but unfortunately, money's pretty dry at this time so its a no-go.

In the end, if I wanted to play games that isn't up to par for the PC, I'll be happy to play on the consoles instead. Sure there are game devs with popular AAA games that are willing to fix things up, but sadly, there are others that would rather count on their money than to fix up huge amount of issues that renders even high-end PCs unplayable.

I've never heard about this superiority complex by PC gamers must be an isolated case. The most I've heard was console gamers always complaining about how a certain game is not ported to their console.

I've never heard about this superiority complex by PC gamers must be an isolated case. The most I've heard was console gamers always complaining about how a certain game is not ported to their console.

May I please join you underneath that rock? :)

On a more serious note, some people just need to get a grip of their lives and learn some kind of perspective.  If you like gaming on the PC great, if you like gaming on a console, great.  Just do whatever it is you like to do and stop getting pissy with everyone else.  Playing video games is meant to be fun, discussing video games is meant to be fun, but some people seem determined to suck the fun out of everything for everyone.

I honestly don't understand that sort of childish mentality, of course, a lot of the people in question are indeed children, which probably goes some way to explaining it.  Luckily, I'm grown up enough to pay little heed to those arguments when they arise.  I just carry on enjoying whatever game I'm playing on whatever system I'm playing it on.

May I please join you underneath that rock? :)

On a more serious note, some people just need to get a grip of their lives and learn some kind of perspective.  If you like gaming on the PC great, if you like gaming on a console, great.  Just do whatever it is you like to do and stop getting pissy with everyone else.  Playing video games is meant to be fun, discussing video games is meant to be fun, but some people seem determined to suck the fun out of everything for everyone.

I honestly don't understand that sort of childish mentality, of course, a lot of the people in question are indeed children, which probably goes some way to explaining it.  Luckily, I'm grown up enough to pay little heed to those arguments when they arise.  I just carry on enjoying whatever game I'm playing on whatever system I'm playing it on.

Yeah we got wifi under here.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Like, I love PC gaming don't get me wrong, but (and this is because a lot of the elitism is coming from them most of the time) the PC gaming community is very toxic at times. There is so much chest puffing and bragging sometimes that it's unbearable. Lots of lies and propaganda to try and convince console gamers to switch, and honestly... PC gaming is seldom about fun anymore. It's about talking about how shit console gamers are, bragging about parts and complaining about games not being 4k or graphics not being HD enough. Complaining that a game dips to 58FPS for a few seconds.

My friend gets a TON of flack for being a console gamer. That's unwarranted I'd say. He loves games-  he is a very good gamer and a good sport. Some people have no chill...  but I gotta agree with you, there is definitely a snobbishness coming from the PC community. People love to complain and put themselves above others, this is a prime example of that

Edited by Zyrael
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...
6 hours ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

All fandoms have annoying elitists, that’s just what some people are like.

Oh yeah, usually they are the loudest.

Also, usually a person is more likely to express his negative opinion about something than positive opinion. 

Imagine I bought a game and I really like it, well, I would just play the game and be happy, no need to go to a forum or wherever and talk about how great this game is. OTOH, if I bought a game and it sucked, well, I would feel ripped off and would go and tell others about my negative experience.

I dont think its admirable that your out here generalizing an entire community of people, using made up memes, and disregarding others points just to say PC gamers are trash people. Nor is it smart because your arguments are based on heresay and what you feel, not whats actually the truth.