Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you call yourself an SJW?

Sals

PLEASE READ BELOW

Hello, this is a thread about the semi well known SJW "label"

If you do not know what an SJW is, then take this.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=SJW

^If your feelings get hurt really easily do not click^

I am not saying I am an SJW and I AM NOT saying it is bad to be one

Now, I just want to know your thoughts.

Are you one?

Do you consider yourself to be one?

Do you know anyone like this?

Do you think their philosophies are right or wrong?

Do you think they are crazy? 

(edited)

Well I would never associate myself with them. I don't mind their cause but if that cause includes restrictions on free speech and other such nonsense it's difficult to justify it. Surely not all of them are crazy but well it seems to be mostly just people that want to restrict free speech. Not realizing that the only reason people don't just tell them to be quiet is because they respect their freedom of expression and speech. They are just mostly irrelevant, maybe they should rather go to countries that actually need it. Since around most places it's just been more of a laughing stock maybe if they actually thought out their arguments it would be different I doubt it though. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 3

Are you one?
 I'm not that extreme but I guess that I agree with them on some questions.

No.

I don't think so.

Some are right, some are wrong and some are not right but not wrong either.

Some are crazy while others are not. 
  • Brohoof 2

Given the connotations the term has picked up I'd be surprised if anyone voluntarily wore that particular label.  People who are proponents or activists for genuine social justice would probably refer to themselves as something else in order to avoid being associated with the people who have dragged the reputation of social justice activism through the mud.

• Brohoof 11

Given the connotations the term has picked up I'd be surprised if anyone voluntarily wore that particular label.  People who are proponents or activists for genuine social justice would probably refer to themselves as something else in order to avoid being associated with the people who have dragged the reputation of social justice activism through the mud.

I agree with this 100000%

• Brohoof 4

I agree with "SJW"s on many, many issues, and quite strongly at that. If I get called one, so be it. =P

• Brohoof 3

I agree with "SJW"s on many, many issues, and quite strongly at that. If I get called one, so be it. =P

I do as well, however its HOW an SJW goes about said issues is where I deviate. 

Because at this point

SJW's are pretty much synonymous with a cult

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1. Are you one?

2. Do you consider yourself to be one?

3. Do you know anyone like this?

4. Do you think their philosophies are right or wrong?

5. Do you think they are crazy? 

1. No.

2. Never.

3. I did bump into some on social media, but not really in-person yet.

4. Straight up wrong. Why? Because they are the ones who want freedom FROM speech (a.k.a. being sissies and not being able to stand up for themselves properly like real adults (because a lot of them already are adult-aged)) instead of allowing freedom OF speech (which is a stupid reason why they ask for "safe spaces", just to not hear opinions they simply do not like to hear).

5. To put it simply, yes. Or to put it more lightly, just stupid because they barely (or never) think before they speak.

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 8

Good news is that my thoughts are on sale.

Are you one?

No. I'm a Jeric.

I consider myself to be a person with views that are fluid depending on information I am aware of and have had the time to consider. So ... I dunno, yes, no, and possibly.

Yes I also know those that associate with the philosophy and ideologies some would consider SJW-esqe.

In some cases yes. In some cases no. In some cases I oppose the approach and language , though agree with the sentiment.

No. There is no such thing as crazy. If you meant to ask, 'Do they have a disorder?' then also no. A mental health ailment or disorder does not manifest itself that rigidly. I do believe that tribalism is at play, but that is the case with those that seem to consider the SJW mode of thought to be the scourge of the internet.

• Brohoof 4

I do not agree with the regressive message they are trying to push. They talk about not being offensive and being politically correct and all that nonsense, yet are extremely offended when you call them out on it. I very rarely post my opinions on certain subjects were SJWs are present as I do not want to deal with these idiots.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)
Now, I just want to know your thoughts. Are you one? Do you consider yourself to be one? Do you know anyone like this? Do you think their philosophies are right or wrong? Do you think they are crazy? 

1. Nope.

2. If I ever do. Someone kill me.

3.Not in real life, the urge to strangle them would be too great. Online, i've seen a few. XD

4: To have a philosophy requires one to actually engage his/her brain before they speak. SJW do not do that.

5. No, Just really, really stupid. 

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 6

I am the antithesis. I don't trot out the word "hate" lightly, but if there was ever a faction of human sewage that I truly, truly hated, with every living breath in my lungs and every beat of my heart, it would be them.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

i wouldn't call myself an SJW. I try to stay out of those situations and mind my own business. It's good to take a stand for what you think is right, but you have to be careful and respectful in how you do it. Lashing out in comment sections and threads is not the proper way to make a stand. From my experience, SJW's often end up being a disruption and seem to type before thinking. I call that irresponsible. 

Edited by El Duderino
  • Brohoof 2

PLEASE READ BELOW

I am not saying I am an SJW and I AM NOT saying it is bad to be one

Are you one?

Are you one?

Not a chance in hell.

See above.

I know a couple girls from college that are super-feminist, but not really SJWs since they are almost purely feminists, while I see SJWs as being more in favor of anything that gives them something to yell about and be disrespectful.

They are gargantuan hypocrites. They scream and screech and chant and shout-down every speaker that they go against. They seem to enjoy hearing themselves "talk." They do all this in the name of free speech, failing to realize that the first amendment doesn't refer to being able to be loud and obnoxious whenever they want to be (which is all the time apparently). The amendment is there to grant people protection from being suppressed and oppressed by their government, and allows citizens the ability to speak out against their government and social systems. SJWs seem hellbent on using the 1st amendment like a one way street that only they're allowed to drive: They claim they can scream and yell whatever they want because they have "free speech" but then suppress the legitimate speakers invited to campuses and rallies to give rival perspective.

Like I said: walking hypocrisy.

Complete wack jobs. Disturbers of the peace for no reason other than vying for attention. Disrespectful. Anarchists. Pampered wimps that get their way if they cry long enough. I can't stand them.

• Brohoof 3

PLEASE READ BELOW

I am not saying I am an SJW and I AM NOT saying it is bad to be one

Are you one?

Answering questions in the order received.

No and no to the first two. I would consider myself almost an antithesis to them.

As in personally, no.

Wrong, but with the addendum that a broken clock is right twice a day.

Crazy is the wrong word. They are extremists. Zealots who are slowly taking identitarian politics to its logical conclusion.

I don't hold a very high opinion of them.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Are you one?

No.

No.

Unfortunately, yes.

Their philosophies are fine (with a proviso), but it's the way in which they carry out teaching and promoting their ideas that I despise. 

Not all of them obviously, but there do seem to be a couple of sociopaths in there such as this woman who believes that the "oppressors" (in this case cis people) should die because they consider themselves their biological gender. And then there's the Black Lives Matter founder who said they wanted to kill white people, presumably because "muh systematic oppression." And then there's the hundreds if not thousands of banshee feminists who agree with #KillAllMen.

Most SJWs seem to hate straight, white men and this is why I hate them. In the process of empowering the "oppressed" people of the first world, they continue to shun and sometimes even bully the people who -- according to them -- are the oppressors even if they have nothing to do with any sort of discrimination. Oh, you're born white? You're instantly discriminating black people! How dare you be a white person! 

Edited by Holiday
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Are you one?

In this day and age where pretty much anyone who's not right-wing is a spooky scary SJW boogeyman, apparently.

I like to call myself an SJW as a joke 'cause i think the label is funny and i like the irony of it being incredibly triggering to certain people who use it as a slur. I'd consider myself to be a feminist.

Not among my IRL friends and family, no. Only one of my friends has some "SJW" views. Most of them are centrist or Christian conservatives.

I'm not sure what you mean by "their philosophies" but being a feminist and for equal rights i guess i'm pretty much on the same page, even though i don't always agree on the way they go about doing things.

Some of them could take it down a notch, but the few crazies are in my opinion not numerous enough that the insane, frothing at the mouth hysteria most of the internet has over them is justified.

Edited by Darrala
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

No. You can be all for human rights without being a petty, moron that blabbermouths, harasses and doesn't accomplish anything. Just like you can be all for animal rights without associating with the likes of PETA.

Do I think they're crazy? No. Just annoying, stupid and self-righteous.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 2

No. I sadly used to think that being a SJW was a good thing. I listened to some people who opposed them and came to my senses. Most SJWs are whiny teenagers who take everything way too seriously. In my experience, they're extremely defensive and if you don't agree with them, you're racist or sexist or homophobic. They make generalizations and are triggered by everything. Honestly, they're like a cancer of the Internet and make my Internet experience so much less enjoyable. Tumblr, a site I rather like, has been completely flooded with them for a long, long time, and I can't go two minutes without seeing a post on my dash about how all men are rape apologists or how women are so oppressed in society, flashing their bogus statistics. I'm just glad I didn't go too far that I couldn't see reason and the simple truth - SJWs are dumb.

• Brohoof 3

1. Nope.

2. If I ever do. Someone kill me.

3.Not in real life, the urge to strangle them would be too great. Online, i've seen a few. XD

4: To have a philosophy requires one to actually engage his/her brain before they speak. SJW do not do that.

5. No, Just really, really stupid. 

I will do number 2 don't worry.

I ain't a sjw, and don't intend to. I will pretend to be one if it is for banter however. But most of em are plebs.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Are you one?

Most SJWs seem to hate straight, white men and this is why I hate them. In the process of empowering the "oppressed" people of the first world, they continue to shun and sometimes even bully the people who -- according to them -- are the oppressors even if they have nothing to do with any sort of discrimination. Oh, you're born white? You're instantly discriminating black people! How dare you be a white person!

This is exactly why I actively discourages SJW mindsets. Because they are advocating racism, simply reversed. If they got their way, there would either be mass genocide of white males or white males would be segregated into unimaginable squalor. They are becoming the exact thing they are supposedly fighting- the only difference between #KillAllMen and the KKK is that the feminazis haven't acted out IRL yet- but they claim they want to do the exact same thing, just to a different group.

The other thing is, they just don't know when to stop. It is wrong to assume someone is going to act a certain way because they are of a certain race (that's stereotyping/prejudice), but there is nothing wrong with noticing that they are of a certain race, or gender, or hair color, or eye color, or religion. Awareness of other people and their individual culture traits is a good thing. If a Caucasian man with red hair and green eyes steals my car and I call the police, I want the officer to put out an APD on a "Caucasian male, red hair, green eyes" regardless of whether that is "unjustly profiling" that person or not. I mean, we still have to be able to describe people's appearance, and as long as there is no prejudice tied into it, there should be nothing wrong with doing so. SJWs insist there is, and so under their system, that thief would most likely never get caught.

Finally, as others have said, they are trying to limit speech. And I'll be darned if, after I've set back and watched people burn my country's flag and slander my religion to keep that right, I let a bunch of nut jobs come and take that basic freedom away from me. I'm not a racist/sexist/homophobe, but it should be my choice if I want to be one or not

Edited by Attack of the Pwns
  • Brohoof 3

No. I consider myself an advocate of some social change, but I'm pretty conservative in how I like things done. I'm not about to hop on a current-year bandwagon for ANYTHING. i'd prefer to analyse why something is good or bad for other reasons. 

So while I do htink that the gender gap is real and exists and needs to be fixed, I do not think the solution is blaming all men because men aren't at fault, institutions and humanity are at fault. There are plenty of institutions, mind you, where men are disadvantaged, just as there are those where women are, so there is nothing to complain about in terms of "unfairness" there, because it is equally unfair, y'know?

On Social Justice, I've remained relatively mute on my peers who talk about trigger warnings and whatnot. As someone who does suffer with certain.. "trigger" things (no, not at all related to social justice or being offended), I can't really say nor have I bothered to investigate what they think trigger means and how it plays out for them. I think its certainly been abused before. I don't believe disagreeing with someone is necessariily triggering them, and if it is, then they'd have to have an absolutely traumatic past where something that broke their poor little mind made it so disagreements greatly affect them, in which case they need therapy and a mental home (not an insult). 

Let's remember that not all, or even most people who get into traumatic situations develop PTSD. Bringing up something that's painful is not getting triggered. It's being triggered when you lose your connection to "reality" and become almost.. I don't know the word. It's what people think schizophrenics are but technically speaking aren't. It's being triggered when you feel an immense fear and completely shut down anything but autonomous reaction because you're that far off. It's not saying "not all men are some antagonistic patriarchal ***** who want to oppress women". 

Anyway, last time I want to post this. 

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I'll begin by stating what characteristics I see as being part of SJWs/the regressive left:

-Claims to be against discrimination yet discriminates others.

-Dismisses opinions of people for being a certain gender, race, or having a certain sexual orientation (male, white, heterosexual).

-Promotes censorship.

-Uses social justice as a tool to further self interest.

-Too easily offended.

-etc.

I'm definitely not an SJW (though I am for social justice).

I do know someone like this.

I believe their ideologies to be harmful.

And they absolutely have problems.

It's ironic how SJWs claim to support social justice yet they're among the most bigoted people I'm aware of. SJWs aren't the only group of bigoted people, but perhaps what makes my hatred towards them strong in particular is their victim complex in addition to their bigoted nature. Being in a minority group, whether by ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc., doesn't make you superior compared to the majority; people are equal. SJWs are just as bad as Neo-Nazis in my opinion.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 5

In a word, no. I don't consider myself to be an activist of any kind. I'm not obsessed with identity politics or have some insane amount of self-loathing that I feel the need to apologize for things in the past that people who are similar to me have committed. I also don't get bent out of shape over innocuous things or feel attacked when somebody disagrees with me. I also don't act surprisingly prejudiced when I'm criticizing something I find bigoted or wrong, nor do I deem opposing views to be automatically morally inferior. Anyways, I don't know anyone in my personal life who is one and I think one can clearly tell I think they're crazy. So, there you go.

• Brohoof 3