Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think Spitfire's nickname is?

Soaring Symphony

At the end of Newbie Dash, there was a short scene in which all of the Wonderbolts told Rainbow Dash their various embarrassing nicknames.  Yet, when they got to Spitfire, she whispered it in Dash's ear and Dash responded that it was "way worse than Crash".  So what the heck is it then?  I need to know.

• Brohoof 3

Who knows? I was hoping we'd find out! But Derpibooru has some pretty funny ideas under the tag "Spitfire's nickname"...

I mean, she doesn't seem like the type to make mistakes worthy of a nickname, so it's probably really...not appropriate for all ages and left in there as brony meme fuel and such. Heheh. :pout:

I'm actually debating whether she really did say her nickname instead of just making random "whisper sounds". If you listen carefully, there does seem to be vocals going on there; Actual words being spoken in a way that makes it hard to understand.

Do you remember the episode: "Bird in the Hoof"? Well there's a scene at the end where Rainbow Dash whispers something to Philomena. If you listen careful, you can hear Rainbow saying "Do you know what you should do? you should go and tickle them". So what this could mean is in MLP:FiM, when someone is whispering, they're actually saying vocally, what they're saying (I know that sounds a bit confusing), but they don't seem to do the typical "whispering sounds" in MLP:FiM like you see in other cartoons.

With that said, it may be possible that they literally whispered Spitfire's actual nickname, but in a way that makes it very hard to understand. I did run that scene through Audacity, and I can almost say for certain that Spitfire's nickname has 2 words in it. A short one and a very long one. The first word sounds mostly like "Elmwood" to my ears after slowing it down and modifying it to an understandable level, but it's still not conclusive for me.

If I were to guess without listening, I honestly have no idea what she'd be nicknamed for :P But I doubt it's anything bad where it would change the rating of the show; I highly doubt that.

But as I've said, she is whispering words. It's not just random sounds from what I've heard after editing it. Maybe someone here is a bit better than me at analyzing sounds and could try to pick up on actually what she's saying?

It's interesting, though. I thought I'd mentioned this.

• Brohoof 3

SPF!!!! OMG, it is so SPF like the amount of sunblock you need to put on before you have to deal with her fiery attitude! Calling it! lol. it is so S.P.F! 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm actually debating whether she really did say her nickname instead of just making random "whisper sounds". If you listen carefully, there does seem to be vocals going on there; Actual words being spoken in a way that makes it hard to understand.

Do you remember the episode: "Bird in the Hoof"? Well there's a scene at the end where Rainbow Dash whispers something to Philomena. If you listen careful, you can hear Rainbow saying "Do you know what you should do? you should go and tickle them". So what this could mean is in MLP:FiM, when someone is whispering, they're actually saying vocally, what they're saying (I know that sounds a bit confusing), but they don't seem to do the typical "whispering sounds" in MLP:FiM like you see in other cartoons.

With that said, it may be possible that they literally whispered Spitfire's actual nickname, but in a way that makes it very hard to understand. I did run that scene through Audacity, and I can almost say for certain that Spitfire's nickname has 2 words in it. A short one and a very long one. The first word sounds mostly like "Elmwood" to my ears after slowing it down and modifying it to an understandable level, but it's still not conclusive for me.

If I were to guess without listening, I honestly have no idea what she'd be nicknamed for :P But I doubt it's anything bad where it would change the rating of the show; I highly doubt that.

But as I've said, she is whispering words. It's not just random sounds from what I've heard after editing it. Maybe someone here is a bit better than me at analyzing sounds and could try to pick up on actually what she's saying?

It's interesting, though. I thought I'd mentioned this.

Thanks, now I have been repeating that part of the episode and will probably have that scene burned into my mind. :P I couldn't hear it well, and it seems unlikely it was meant to be an actual word rather than whisper sounds, but it sounds like two or three words. Hm ;)

Edit: The last word sounds like oven xD Not sure.

Edited by Namae
  • Brohoof 2

Well, something inappropriate for children. I mean, I could see it. The show is for kids, but the characters are mostly grown, so a little inappropriate humour, just like among our young adults, is probably fitting. 

(edited)

"I was ........ oven" was what I got.

"I was tripped in an oven"

"I almost tripped in an oven"

...what?

From what I heard, it didn't sound like a nickname; it sounded like she was explaining why she got that name. Hopefully that makes sense.

"I almost tripped in an oven" makes no sense, unless she was so clumsy she somehow tripped all the way to an oven in the Wonderbolts building. Tripfire? I would understand why she wouldn't like that. ;)

Tripfire doesn't even rhyme.

Edited by Namae
  • Brohoof 2

I'm pretty sure its Shitfire, since the staff said it rhymed with her name.

When did that happen?  I don't recall the staff mentioning this.

On a side note, if her nickname is "way worse than Crash" and it supposedly rhymes with her real name, I think S#!% flyer makes more sense.

Shitfire makes sense, it's possible someone has that kind of accident during exercises. OR, MAYBE she was in heat season :bedeyes:, you know, she's one of the hottest mares around  :icwudt:

When did that happen? I don't recall the staff mentioning this.

On a side note, if her nickname is "way worse than Crash" and it supposedly rhymes with her real name, I think S#!% flyer makes more sense.

Check Josh Haber's Twitter feed.

I think her nickname was Sh*tfire, but thats a little inappropriate for a kids show. I did look on Derpibooru and there were some rather... creative ideas under the tag.

(edited)

Due to them not saying it, it might be clopfire :toldya: .  Maybe I'm looking too deep into the whole not saying it on television thing :lie: .

Edited by LaserPewPew
  • Brohoof 1

In the middle of a celebratory evening after a successful performance, newbie Spitfire proceeded to light a fart in a demonstration of guts.

And thus, Spitfire received a nickname way worse than Rainbow Crash.

• Brohoof 1