Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

some interesting stuff about the movie

Doctor whooves.

heres something i found on wikipedia  An animated feature film based directly on the television series was first announced on October 20, 2014 by Variety.[102] Scheduled for a theatrical release on October 6, 2017 in the United States,[103] the film is Hasbro's first animated feature film from its Allspark Pictures film division. It will be distributed worldwide by Lionsgate, with the exception of China.[104] McCarthy and Mike Vogel are the film's co-executive producers, and Joe Ballarini is the scriptwriter.[102] The film concerns the "Mane Six" ponies—Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity—journeying beyond Equestria to stop a threat looming over their hometown of Ponyville.[105] Hasbro's president, Stephan Davis, said of the film that "I think it gives us an opportunity to tell a bigger story, that maybe we [can't] tell on television" and that "[it's] also an opportunity to broaden the franchise".[58] The main cast from the animated television series will be reprising their roles, and Kristin Chenoweth and Emily Blunt will voice original characters.[104][106]

Also heres the big PICTUREsig-4064937.KuJdwkq.pngWhat do you think?
  • Brohoof 1

I just really hope it will be good. If the movie will fail, it will probably be a knock out for the series. Also, I want Sunset in it.

I love that image. The art that the fans make is so good it passes for official. ;)

The box office receipts won't knock anyone's socks off, but it will sell more merchandise which is what Hasbro is banking on.

I really really like the sense of scope they are encapsulating in that image it screams that they are going to explore some territory (maybe in story telling elemets, littleral parts of the world not fleshed out or characters they havent delved into yet.) that hasnt been tested before. Which would be wonderful to keep the show from growing stale. 

I really really like the sense of scope they are encapsulating in that image it screams that they are going to explore some territory (maybe in story telling elemets, littleral parts of the world not fleshed out or characters they havent delved into yet.) that hasnt been tested before. Which would be wonderful to keep the show from growing stale. 

Let's hope the movie is just as big, because that picture was made by a fan on DeviantArt. It got the approval of someone working on the script, though.

• Brohoof 1

^ Thats all i need to hear. 

I sure hope they have a large sense of scale in the movie. Would be neat to see more worldbuilding out of a show that is usually more prone to leave it to the imagination