Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Fender's completely super-serious RP for not-casual people!

Fender

@@Fender,

"I know how that goes, I will sometimes word vomit and not know when to stop. That is why I try to prepare what I am going to say before saying it. That is why most of my conversations are very short. I don't want to overwhelm anypony." She was scanning the shops for the items and tossing them into the empty side of her saddle bag. When she would finish she would flutter to the counter and pay for the things the got.

"One more stop, Sugar Cube Corner for the ice cream." She said as she was snapping the clutch on her bit pouch. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Fender,

"I know how that goes, I will sometimes word vomit and not know when to stop. That is why I try to prepare what I am going to say before saying it. That is why most of my conversations are very short. I don't want to overwhelm anypony." She was scanning the shops for the items and tossing them into the empty side of her saddle bag. When she would finish she would flutter to the counter and pay for the things the got.

"One more stop, Sugar Cube Corner for the ice cream." She said as she was snapping the clutch on her bit pouch.

The two made their way into Sugar Cube Corner. Nothing extraordinary seemed to be happening. Skyjumper didn't hear anything particularly worrying coming from the twins. He thought about the event Stardust had mentioned, and smiled on it. He had no parenting experience, but he had incredible lullaby experience. A little bit of pride shone through his smile. A smile of which he was now unaware.

• Brohoof 1

@@Fender,

Stardust quickly made her purchase and was back out of the shop with a smile and wave to the Cake's. "Better get this home and in the freezer." She was struggling with the load of the items in her saddle bag. It was completely unbalanced, but she was trying to make the best of it.

"This is a bit awkward to fly with, let's just walk to the observatory, is that okay?" She asked.  

• Brohoof 1

@@Fender,

Stardust quickly made her purchase and was back out of the shop with a smile and wave to the Cake's. "Better get this home and in the freezer." She was struggling with the load of the items in her saddle bag. It was completely unbalanced, but she was trying to make the best of it.

"This is a bit awkward to fly with, let's just walk to the observatory, is that okay?" She asked.

After noticing her struggle with the items, and after they left the building, he opened his own saddlebag, "Y'know, I can carry some of that if you'd like." He chuckled, "And if you want, we could still walk. But you look like your legs are gonna buckle if you keep trying to carry all of that." The uneven load was very apparent.

• Brohoof 1

@@Fender,

"Thank you", she unloaded a few items and placed them into Sky's saddle bag.  "I think it would be nice to walk back. Oh, I wonder if that pony got to where he needed to go earlier." She continued to walk at a decent pace. The town was bustling with ponies, it was a fun sight. As long as they didn't get tangled up in any type of crowd she would be okay. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Fender,

"Thank you", she unloaded a few items and placed them into Sky's saddle bag.  "I think it would be nice to walk back. Oh, I wonder if that pony got to where he needed to go earlier." She continued to walk at a decent pace. The town was bustling with ponies, it was a fun sight. As long as they didn't get tangled up in any type of crowd she would be okay.

He scratched his head. "Huh, yeah. I hope I didn't come off as rude there. I, well actually, we both up and left." He laughed. "Guess we'll have to apologize for that at some point." He continued walking. "So, a foodie huh? You're really full of surprises, y'know?" He chuckled. "I wish I had so many talents."

• Brohoof 1

@@Melted Dog,

"You think that's an uncommon name?" Raze said, laughing. "Wait till you get a load of mine..." He cleared his throat.

"The name's Raze. As in razor sharp." He unwrapped his fritter, and took a small bite out of it. Pretty tasty, but a tad bit too sweet.

"So, how's that for an uncommon name?"

'Wow,' Hollow said, genuinely impressed. 'I mean, you don't get many ponies around here with a name like that.' She settled down and bit decisively into her fritter. I don't remember them being this sweet. Maybe Pinkie Pie had something to do with this batch. 'What's your talent, then? Cooking? Swordplay?'
  • Brohoof 1

@@Melted Dog,

"The second one," Raze said, still eating. "I was a Royal Guard before, until they kicked me out for something I didn't do... eh, it's whatever though. Now I'm just a sellsword, offering my services to the highest bidder." He took another bite.

"I learned a lot of martial arts, not just swords. Spears, archery, you name it. As for cooking... I'm pretty decent at it," he said with a laugh.

• Brohoof 1

@@Fender,

"My mom was desperate at teaching me the things that would make me a "mare to marry", she would constantly do things to prepare me to be just like her." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm just glad my dad could see past that, and help me to achieve my dreams. I mean, don't get me wrong, one day I want to settle down and all that but for now, just getting my place up and running is my first goal, and... I haven't really met anypony, you know... as a special some pony." She blushed.

• Brohoof 1

@@Fender,

"My mom was desperate at teaching me the things that would make me a "mare to marry", she would constantly do things to prepare me to be just like her." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm just glad my dad could see past that, and help me to achieve my dreams. I mean, don't get me wrong, one day I want to settle down and all that but for now, just getting my place up and running is my first goal, and... I haven't really met anypony, you know... as a special some pony." She blushed.

Her blush met his eyes and seemed to spread onto his face. He cleared his throat, "Uhm...well! There's time for that eventually." He hurriedly changed the subject back to her parents. "It sounds like your mum and dad cared a lot about you...albeit in different ways, but cared nonetheless."

• Brohoof 1

@@Melted Dog,

"The second one," Raze said, still eating. "I was a Royal Guard before, until they kicked me out for something I didn't do... eh, it's whatever though. Now I'm just a sellsword, offering my services to the highest bidder." He took another bite.

"I learned a lot of martial arts, not just swords. Spears, archery, you name it. As for cooking... I'm pretty decent at it," he said with a laugh.

'I'm a detective,' Hollow grinned, 'not that it gets me a lot of money, but someone's gotta do it.' She swallowed. 'Used to be in the Royal Guard too, as a sentry. Got basic training, but I left. It was for the best anyway. I like being a detective more.' She gestured to her cutie mark, a magnifying glass with a purple bat wing on each side.
  • Brohoof 1

@@Fender,

She looked away as she noticed the redness in his muzzle. "Yeah, they showed their love in different ways, but they both really wanted to make sure that I was successful no matter what my cutie mark might have been."

"They still live in town, maybe you can meet them sometime..." She trailed off, realizing what she had just said. "I mean, that is, well... maybe... uhm. We should probably fly the rest of the way, don't want the ice cream to melt." She cringed at possibly making a fool of herself. She spread her wings waiting to make sure that he was ready to fly. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Fender,

She looked away as she noticed the redness in his muzzle. "Yeah, they showed their love in different ways, but they both really wanted to make sure that I was successful no matter what my cutie mark might have been."

"They still live in town, maybe you can meet them sometime..." She trailed off, realizing what she had just said. "I mean, that is, well... maybe... uhm. We should probably fly the rest of the way, don't want the ice cream to melt." She cringed at possibly making a fool of herself. She spread her wings waiting to make sure that he was ready to fly.

He lagged behind for a moment, due to the heat on the back of his neck from what she had said. He began flying, "Heheh...you couldn't mean...we just met and all."the stallion was silent for a moment, then dispelled the awkwardness, and his own embarrassmemt by laughing out loud. "Oh dear. I am so sorry, we're getting carried away aren't we?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Fender,

"I'm truly sorry, I didn't mean to say anything that would make this uncomfortable. I'm just not very good at making small talk." She felt like the embarrassing moments would never end today. She guessed that it only made sense, she was talking to a very handsome stallion after all. She hadn't been completely honest with him when he asked about her seeing him around town. She had always watched from afar, but she did have a small crush on the pony for quite some time. Ever since she overheard him in the Cake home.

"Let's talk about something else. Uhm, how about... hmm. What is your favorite color? OH! and book? and movie?" She was hoping that things would be better if they changed the subject.  

• Brohoof 1

@@Fender,

"I'm truly sorry, I didn't mean to say anything that would make this uncomfortable. I'm just not very good at making small talk." She felt like the embarrassing moments would never end today. She guessed that it only made sense, she was talking to a very handsome stallion after all. She hadn't been completely honest with him when he asked about her seeing him around town. She had always watched from afar, but she did have a small crush on the pony for quite some time. Ever since she overheard him in the Cake home.

"Let's talk about something else. Uhm, how about... hmm. What is your favorite color? OH! and book? and movie?" She was hoping that things would be better if they changed the subject.

As they both flew in the direction of her home, he took some time to think on everything she had said. "That's a lot of favorites. Uhm, book and movie, I cannot say I'm sure. Color? Hmmm...whatever is most pleasing to the eye. Which often can be anything." He chuckled, and was unable to stop himself from shooting a glance at streaks of blue and black sitting atop a mountain of grey. 'That's pleasing to the eye,' he thought. The stallion cleared his throat once more. "You didn't make this uncomfortable." He said just loud enough to be heard.

• Brohoof 1

@@Fender,

"Well, my face was starting to hurt from all of the shades of red it was turning." She chuckled nervously.

"Let's see, my favorite color is green, my favorite book has got to be all of the Danger Doo series. And my favorite movie, Fox and the Hound. It always makes me cry. But I could watch that movie forever." They had finally made it to the observatory.

She landed and unlocked the door and swung it open, she made her way in and started up the stairs. She looked back at Sky, "Can you make sure and lock it before you come up please."

• Brohoof 1

@@Fender,

"Well, my face was starting to hurt from all of the shades of red it was turning." She chuckled nervously.

"Let's see, my favorite color is green, my favorite book has got to be all of the Danger Doo series. And my favorite movie, Fox and the Hound. It always makes me cry. But I could watch that movie forever." They had finally made it to the observatory.

She landed and unlocked the door and swung it open, she made her way in and started up the stairs. She looked back at Sky, "Can you make sure and lock it before you come up please."

The stallion had been internally laughing at her comment about shades of red, but listened to everything else anyway. When ask to lock the door, he nodded 'yes' and did as he was asked, and followed the mare up the stairs. "This place is so much more...homely than mine." He folded his lips and shook his head in approval, having finally gotten another look at the place after the events of the day seemed to be slowing down. "Well, to work I suppose. What'll you need me to do?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Melted Dog,

Raze nodded. "Detective, eh? Sounds fun. Reminds me of a job I had from a private investigator in Manhattan... apparently I had to play Watson and help the guy solve some theft case," he said, laughing a bit. "I mean, I helped him out a lot, it's just that I don't think I'm the right person to hire for those types of things, you know?" He finished his fritter. "Ah... that hit the spot..." He looked up at the sky.

"Now, I haven't had a new client in weeks..." he said. "Life as a sellsword's pretty boring without a job to do..."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Fender,

"First, pick your favorite song off of my iPon and then if you could maybe tackle the dishes? I would greatest appreciate that." She gave him a 'please don't judge me for the mound in my sink' look. She absolutely dreaded doing dishes. She would at times eat straight from the pot or pan in order to lesson her amount of dishes she had to do.

"Oh, make sure it's a song that has a beat." She winked at him before she even realized what was happening. Once again her muzzle turned a shade of red that he should be used to seeing by now.

Edited by Stardust*
  • Brohoof 1

@@Melted Dog,

Raze nodded. "Detective, eh? Sounds fun. Reminds me of a job I had from a private investigator in Manhattan... apparently I had to play Watson and help the guy solve some theft case," he said, laughing a bit. "I mean, I helped him out a lot, it's just that I don't think I'm the right person to hire for those types of things, you know?" He finished his fritter. "Ah... that hit the spot..." He looked up at the sky.

"Now, I haven't had a new client in weeks..." he said. "Life as a sellsword's pretty boring without a job to do..."

"Same here," Hollow replied. "There's really nothing interesting for me to solve. The most serious case I've had in months was just a theft. Now I just lie around at home doing nothing."

The relaxing atmosphere was beginning to make her narcolepsy kick in. Damn it, I can't just pass out here! she thought frantically. Hollow struggled to stay awake, but her brain took over. She barely had time to brace for the 'thump' as she fell onto the ground.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Melted Dog,

"...Eh?" Raze said in surprise as he saw Hollow fall to the ground suddenly.

"Hey, are you ok?!" he asked her, carefully approaching her. He breathed a sigh of relief as soon as he saw she was just asleep.

Well, now I know why her name is Sleepy Hollow... he thought, smiling a bit. Must be narcoleptic... either that, or she's actually really tired.

Feeling it would be rude to just leave her there, Raze decided to carry her on his back and transport her somewhere safe from other ponies. He walked around town, ignoring the gazes of the other folk he passed by, to the nearby park, where he found a tall tree with plenty of shade. He set her down gently, and took a seat next to her, leaning back against the tree.

...What am I doing? he thought. Waiting for someone that I just met to wake up... but, I don't think I should leave her there, she might be confused when she does wake... screw it, I'll just keep waiting. He closed his eyes, enjoying the light breeze brushing against him.

Edited by The Sad Manikin Mask

@@Fender,

"First, pick your favorite song off of my iPon and then if you could maybe tackle the dishes? I would greatest appreciate that." She gave him a 'please don't judge me for the mound in my sink' look. She absolutely dreaded doing dishes. She would at times eat straight from the pot or pan in order to lesson her amount of dishes she had to do.

"Oh, make sure it's a song that has a beat." She winked at him before she even realized what was happening. Once again her muzzle turned a shade of red that he should be used to seeing by now.

His preparedness to do the work seemed to make her gesture fly right over his head. He thought nothing of it, and proceeded to do as he was told. Of all the music to browse, one song caught his eye, one he hadn't heard in some time.

(OOC: It was the first thing I could think of beat-wise, sorry if you don't fancy it. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. :P

https://youtu.be/QKSHTKL4cI0

)

As the song began, Skyjumper began hastily doing the dishes. Fast enough to get them done in quick order, thoroughly enough for them to be done right. After each that he scrubbed and rinsed he would set them aside to dry, as was his preferred method, and hoped she wouldn't mind.

• Brohoof 1

@,

When she woke up, Hollow realized that she was not on the bench with the stallion - Raze - anymore. Instead, her head was resting gently against the trunk of a tree. She leapt up, heart pumping wildly, but sat down again after seeing that there was no threat - 

Except for Raze right next to her.

A slight blush crept across her face as she stammered, "Oh, yeah. Sorry for startling you like that.You can't just talk to a pony without passing out, can't you? her inner voice yelled. He probably thinks you're a drunk or something.

(edited)

@@Dynamo Pad,

"That's good thanks for not telling anypony. Also you don't know anypony? Are you not from around here?"

Quinty shook her head when the stallion asked if she was from around here or not 'Nope' she said 'I already told you that these pearls come from the north lunar bay. and just like the pearl, so do I.' she explained him. this was the best explanation she could give since she didn't really live in a town. her house was on a cliff far away from everything.

"Yup I do and thank you that's really generous. I'll treasure it always. I don't know why, but I have this feeling this pearl brought us together in a way. I may be moving into Ponyville today, but to me, I think I have made a friend. I-I mean if that's okay, that is." He said with a warm sincere smile on his muzzle, while blushing in embarrassment and rubbed a hoof through his mane. He took out 3 bits from his saddlebag with his magic and levitating them onto the stall table, while also leaving two extra bits as a tip for her generosity.

Quinty then rolled her eyes, he was getting a little bit over dramatic there with his 'treasure it always' and 'brought us together' 'Come on, don't be so dramatic.' she said but then a more confused look came on her face 'Friends? I-I dunno. didn't I just meet you? Can you make friends that quickly? you don't even know my name, neither do I know your name.' she said and looked at the ground a bit, then she realised she might have sounded really mean there which was not her intention 'I mean, not that I don't like you or something, you're really nice and all. I'd love to be your friend.' she quickly added and smiled a little bit while playing with the one secion of her mane that was braided and had a pearl at the end. then she took the bits he had put on the table and put them in a lcase made of shells. then she turned around and grabbed something from box behind her. it was a little case made of two shells on top of eachother. 'Here.' she said and handed it to him 'put the pearl in there, that way you won't lose it that easily.' and she gave him a playfull wink.

Edited by Summer Breeze

@Melted Dog

Raze's eyes slightly opened, and he turned his head to see that Hollow had woken up. He smiled.

"Hey," he said. "Don't mention it. I didn't want to just leave you on the bench like that, so I thought I'd just bring you somewhere safer for you to rest..."

He stretched his hooves, then yawned. "That was a good nap..." he said quietly to himself.