Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Fender's completely super-serious RP for not-casual people!

Fender

Mack and I exchanged looks. "You wanna tell him or shall I?" I spoke first as he started to count the bits and motioned to me to tell him about the metal. "How much wood would you like, sonny?" He whistled the last word then spit into the spittoon and went back to counting the large amount of bits he'd just earned.

"Sorry sir, I'm afraid anything metal is spoken for, but if you're desperate we can maybe come to some kind of mutually beneficial arrangement?" I said this with a friendly grin as Sparky scanned the gentlecolt with a yellow horizontal beam.

Tinker raised a brow when the yellow unicorn talked to the shopkeeper like that. "Well... That doesn't sound too bad. Sure." He answered the mare, looking over to the curious-looking robot. "You made this yourself?" He asked, levitating a few bits onto the counter. "Your largest wood planks please."

(edited)

It didn't take long for Tinker to get to the Market from the Sugarcube Corner, landing in the middle of it. He headed straight to the scrap shop, hoping to grab some scrap metal, wood and other miscellaneous materials. When he walked in, he noticed a yellow unicorn mare with what seemed to be a robot. Curious, but he has things to buy at the moment. "Do you have any scrap metal and wood, sir? Perhaps even some gears?" He asked the shopkeeper, hopefully getting at least some metal to smelt down.

Flash watched as the unicorn with the strange metal wings landed in the middle of the Market.

"Wow, metal wings. I've never seen anything like those before, maybe he'll want to be friends or something."

Flash then stopped what he was doing and followed the strange stallion to the scrap shop.

Edited by Damien & Flash
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Mack went into the shop and carried out three 2x4s, placing them on the counter. "These were left over from a carpentry project. Do you want them now or shall I have them delivered to you later?" He went back to counting bits from the sack I left for him, adding the payment to be counted as well.

"Oh yes sir, though Sparky prefers his name rather than being called 'this' but can't fault you for not knowing." I patted Sparky on the head with a forehoof and he spun around. "Don't believe we've met before. I'm called Lektra Bolt. You've probably never heard of me as I don't get out much, unless maybe you've been to Manehattan. And what's your name sir?"

Edited by bronislav84

Mack went into the shop and carried out three 2x4s, placing them on the counter. "These were left over from a carpentry project. Do you want them now or shall I have them delivered to you later?" He went back to counting bits from the sack I left for him, adding the payment to be counted as well.

"Oh yes sir, though Sparky prefers his name rather than being called 'this' but can't fault you for not knowing." I patted Sparky on the head with a forehoof and he spun around. "Don't believe we've met before. I'm called Lektra Bolt. You've probably never heard of me as I don't get out much, unless maybe you've been to Manehattan. And what's your name sir?"

"I'll take them back." He answered the shopkeeper and turned his gaze back to the unicorn mare. "Name's Thunder Tinker. Nice to meet you, Lektra. I haven't been to Manehattan before... Moved here from Canterlot about a couple months ago." He introduced himself. "It seems that we have quite similar hobbies, don't you think?"

(edited)

Mack didn't speak up. He was too busy counting. Not surprising considering there was a lot there. I looked back to the gentlecolt, unsure what to call him yet. "Likewise, and seems we do. Do you prefer Thunder or Tinker? Is your family lightning based too? I moved here a couple of weeks ago but I'm usually a shut-in working from home, so I'm not surprised we haven't met. Do you invent too? If you're good, I'm prepared to buy you out and/or offer you a job." I grinned. "Bolt Solutions is always looking for enterprising inventors to assimilate, help them market their products if they don't join the company, and implement their inventions as Magitek for a nominal fee. They tend to make at least 1.5 times the bits they'd make working solo, even after we take our fees." I paced around him, looking him over.

"Interested, Mister Tinker? How'd you like to improve Equestria while becoming wealthy? Possibly fabulously."

Edited by bronislav84

Mack didn't speak up. He was too busy counting. Not surprising considering there was a lot there. I looked back to the gentlecolt, unsure what to call him yet. "Likewise, and seems we do. Do you prefer Thunder or Tinker? Is your family lightning based too? I moved here a couple of weeks ago but I'm usually a shut-in working from home, so I'm not surprised we haven't met. Do you invent too? If you're good, I'm prepared to buy you out and/or offer you a job." I grinned. "Bolt Solutions is always looking for enterprising inventors to assimilate, help them market their products if they don't join the company, and implement their inventions as Magitek for a nominal fee. They tend to make at least 1.5 times the bits they'd make working solo, even after we take our fees." I paced around him, looking him over.

"Interested, Mister Tinker? How'd you like to become improve Equestria while becoming wealthy? Possibly fabulously."

"Tinker is alright. And somewhat...yes. At least my mother's side of the family tree was. Dad is a pegasus, mom is an unicorn." He levitated the wood planks over to him, keeping them close to himself. "Yes I do. I made these myself." Tinker's horn glowed as he unfurled his mechanical bat wings, flapping them a few times before folding them back up again. "The offer does sound very tempting... Is there any kind of 'trial' before signing the contract?" Tinker asked curiously, raising a brow at the yellow mare.

(edited)

"I see. We're all Unicorns, but employ from all interested species. Last I checked there was even a bear who was helping load shipments. Any inventor or interested candidate is usually not turned away, and we're very equal opportunity." I thought I should probably not tell him about the ten foot tall dragon who was great at designs by mail order.

I motioned Sparky to scan the wings when he opened them up and nodded. "Hmm. I wasn't sure if that was it, but if the rest of what you make is as interesting as that, you should have no issue passing. Shall we head to your house? I can have lawyers draw up a contract afterwards." Turning to Sparky, I spoke the usual command. "Sparky, Wing Pack mode please." In a flash of light he changed into the winged backpack and strapped to my back. "Where do you live, exactly? We'll follow. This is usually faster than walking." Sparky floated me up and we were ready to follow him.

Edited by bronislav84