Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Dragon Ridge Flight Academy (OOC)

Drago Ryder

(edited)

RP:https://mlpforums.com/topic/151990-dragon-ridge-flight-academy-rp/

The world we live in is filled with fantastical creatures that are capable of great good or cataclysmic destruction. For unlike the humans they share the world with, these creatures are able to use their own unique brand of magic in ways that we could only dream of, but there was only one species that had the most diversity when it came to magic: dragons. They could control 11 different aspects of magic, each pertaining to their personality, which they referred to as flights. Of course, peace was nearly impossible to maintain. Wars broke out between the industrialized humans and beasts of magic, the most destructive of which nearly destroyed the world itself. After that, both species realized that in order to maintain the prosperity of all, they would have to come up with some form of peace that would last through the ages. After many debates on both sides, it was decided that when children were of a specific age and with their parent's full consent, they would taken to a school within the mountains to the north. There, they would learn what they would in any other school, but with a bit added in. The students of this school would learn about magic and have the chance to bond with a dragon of their own, among other things in order to improve relations between the generations of human and dragon to come. As for the name of the school, it was dubbed Dragon Ridge Flight Academy, due to the location and the hope for peace it inspired.

Types of magic

Arcane-Arcane dragons are dreamers.They prefer the allure of the unknown and mysterious nature of the magical energies that bind the universe together. Of all dragons, Arcane dragons are the most curious, pursuing their theories and their dreams, often oblivious to the effects that their dogged pursuits may have on the world around them.

Earth-Earth dragons are monument builders. They prefer the consistency and eternal memory of the stone they shape. Of all the dragons, earth dragons revere their ancestors the most fervently, and remember the most about the first age.

Ice- Frost dragons are collectors. They prefer to be as rigid and cold as winter's chill. Of all the dragons, ice dragons are the most unemotional, carefully preserving the world around them to be later analyzed and cataloged.

Lightning-Lightning dragons are engineers.They prefer to be quick and intuitive, to better harness the power of the tempest under which they make their home. Of all the dragons, lightning dragons are the most ambitious, changing the world to adapt to them, rather than adapting to the world.

Shadow- Shadow dragons are tricksters. They prefer to be capricious and fickle, like the flickering shadows they manipulate. Of all the dragons, shadow dragons are the most enthralled by games, and delight most in winning, even if it means underhandedly.

Light-Light dragons are philosophers. They prefer to be unbiased and logical, revealing the nature of the world as rays of the sun’s light. Of all the dragons, light dragons are the most scholarly, holding the pursuit of truth as the highest virtue a dragon might aspire to.

Fire- Fire dragons are metalworkers. They prefer to be as passionate and intense as the flames they coax. Of all the dragons, fire dragons are the most temperamental, and their red-hot fury knows no peers.

Nature- Nature dragons are druids. They prefer to be as wild and primal as the ancient forests they call their home. Of all the dragons, nature dragons are the most nurturing, enjoying the care and cultivation of flora and fauna, spreading an overgrowth of life where once there was none.

Plague- Plauge dragons are survivors. They prefer to be as strong and adaptable as the plague they spread. Of all the dragons, plague dragons are the most savage, and celebrate the cycle of life and death by constantly pitting themselves against the other elements.

Water- Water dragons are oracles. They prefer to be as fluid as the waves and currents of the oceans. Of all the dragons, water dragons are the most mysterious, predicting the many futures that may come to pass, but revealing nothing of what they divine to outsiders.

Wind- Wind dragons are explorers. They prefer to be joyful and care-free, like the gentle and playful breezes that whisk them to new lands. Of all the dragons, wind dragons are the most friendly, eager to become a small part of every community they encounter before they eventually and inevitably leave, following the currents in pursuit of a new adventure.

Rules
Aside from forum guidelines, I would like any submitted characters to be 13-18 years of age. Also, flights are general aspects of a dragons personality. The two don't have to match perfectly. Also, this is a human RP.

Genres:Fantasy, Slight Adventure, Mostly SOL, Romance is accepted

Character submission for humans

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:

Character submission for dragons

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Flight:

Examples

Human

Name: Blitz Ryu
Personality: Blitz is loyal to those he considers his friends, but is somewhat shy when he is around new people. He is also very intelligent and tends to observe a conversation before he gives his own two cents unless he is directly spoken to.
Appearance: Blitz stands at five feet nine inches in height and has a thin build. He normally wears a grey shirt with a black, fur lined jacket along with pants of the same color. His hair is cut short and is white with silver highlights.

Dragon

Name:Star Dancer
Flight:Nature
Personality: Star is curious about the world around her and is very intelligent. The dragoness also has a large imagination and is somewhat shy.
Appearance: Star Dancer is a quadrupedal dragon that has coal black scales and is around 15 feet in length. She also has light green eyes with silver marking akin to a viper along her body and blue stripes on her wings.

Humans
1. Blitz Ryu
2.Aileana Rylee
3. Evan Night
4.Kyubi
5.Lucius
6.Bayou Starling

Dragons
1. Star Dancer
2.Abner
3.Shadowwalker
4.Nyx
5.Flare
6.Araluen

Edited by Drago Ryder

Yeah. I'll definetly be applying for this. Two quick questions, though? Is there going to be an overarching story to this or are we just going through the everyday life of the students? Also, can a dragon have more than one type of flight?

Yeah. I'll definetly be applying for this. Two quick questions, though? Is there going to be an overarching story to this or are we just going through the everyday life of the students? Also, can a dragon have more than one type of flight?

Short answer: Yes to the former and Maybe to the latter

Long answer: I do have a story planned out which will be revealed during the RP. As for flights, stick with one for now. There will be opportunities where your dragon can learn a second flight.

Short answer: Yes to the former and Maybe to the latter

Long answer: I do have a story planned out which will be revealed during the RP. As for flights, stick with one for now. There will be opportunities where your dragon can learn a second flight.

Ok. I thought as much. One more thing, you say human characters will be able to learn magic yet you don't put any field down for it. Why?

I am SO into this! Oh my goodness! 

Character submission for humans

Name: Aileana Rylee
Appearance: About 5'7" tall, shorter auburn hair, green eyes, freckles, slim, with glasses. 
Personality: Tends to be a bit shy, but once she lets you in and brings down her wall she is very loyal, she is very smart and loves to learn. She makes sure that she finds the truth and can use it in her time to prove a point or defend her standings. She loves the stars and the universe. She spends countless hours each night just studying the constellations and learning all of the historical stories. 

Name: Abner
Appearance: The picture.

post-34724-0-70917300-1463420447.jpg

Personality: strong willed, stubborn, a bit playful when appropriate. He loves to lay about and sun bathe. But when there needs to be something done he get's the job done. Loyal to a fault. Protective and very intelligent. Loves to search for the answers. He is patient, and kind. 
Flight: Light

Ok. I thought as much. One more thing, you say human characters will be able to learn magic yet you don't put any field down for it. Why?

I figured humans wouldn't really be taught magic until they were picked to go to the academy.

I am SO into this! Oh my goodness! 

Character submission for humansName: Aileana RyleeGender: FemaleAge: 17Appearance: About 5'7" tall, shorter auburn hair, green eyes, freckles, slim, with glasses. Personality: Tends to be a bit shy, but once she lets you in and brings down her wall she is very loyal, she is very smart and loves to learn. She makes sure that she finds the truth and can use it in her time to prove a point or defend her standings. She loves the stars and the universe. She spends countless hours each night just studying the constellations and learning all of the historical stories. Character submission for dragonsName: AbnerGender: MaleAge: 17Appearance: The picture.

attachicon.gifdragon2.jpg

Personality: strong willed, stubborn, a bit playful when appropriate. He loves to lay about and sun bathe. But when there needs to be something done he get's the job done. Loyal to a fault. Protective and very intelligent. Loves to search for the answers. He is patient, and kind. Flight: Light

You are very much accepted.

• Brohoof 1

Glad to see more people starting to take interest in this. Either way, time for me to submit my two characters.

Human

Name: Kyubi Yamato

Personality:Kyubi is energetic and very outgoing. She is kind to almost everyone she meets and enjoys spending time with friends. She also has a soft spot for nature and music.

Appearance: Kyubi is five and a half feet tall with dark blue eyes. Her black hair is tied into a ponytail that goes halfway down her back and she normally wears a silver necklace with a emerald in the shape of the moon. She also has a thin build..

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d0/61/70/d06170377f7888a15496d561afd06dca.jpg

Dragon

Name: Nero

Flight: Lightning

Personality: Nero is somewhat pessimistic most of the time and isn't really that outgoing either. The former causes him to be blunt most of the time. Aside from that, he is very intelligent and loyal to his friends.

Appearance:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/DMMcze2W2vxfpk4lzQE6IAEng3vQ6shk36KI63ZnS01dKa5-WmoYXq0IbnY2p_bPeI8

PS: Images wouldn't work.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Glad to see more people starting to take interest in this. Either way, time for me to submit my two characters.

Human

Name: Kyubi Yamato

Personality:Kyubi is energetic and very outgoing. She is kind to almost everyone she meets and enjoys spending time with friends. She also has a soft spot for nature and music.

Appearance: Kyubi is five and a half feet tall with dark blue eyes. Her black hair is tied into a ponytail that goes halfway down her back and she normally wears a silver necklace with a emerald in the shape of the moon. She also has a thin build..

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d0/61/70/d06170377f7888a15496d561afd06dca.jpg

Dragon

Name: Nero

Flight: Lightning

Personality: Nero is somewhat pessimistic most of the time and isn't really that outgoing either. The former causes him to be blunt most of the time. Aside from that, he is very intelligent and loyal to his friends.

Appearance:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/DMMcze2W2vxfpk4lzQE6IAEng3vQ6shk36KI63ZnS01dKa5-WmoYXq0IbnY2p_bPeI8

PS: Images wouldn't work.

Ok. They are both accepted.

@Acnologia @Stardust*

Assuming that we don't have anyone else sign up, then I'll see if I can get the rp up by 8:00 A.M. (CST) tomorrow.

@Acnologia @Stardust*

The rp is up and running, and the link is in the original post.

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Anything like this having to do with dragons is my kind of thing. Count me in!

Human

Name: Evan Night

Appearance: Evan has black/grey hair dyed dark red at the ends, blue/green eyes, is 5' 7", and generally wears a black sweatshirt and black jeans.

Personality: Evan has always been a loner, never trying to make any friends. His parents are slightly worried by this so they sent him to the school in hopes he would finally make some. He's usually quiet, only giving his opinion on something when it's needed. Has always had good grades and studies hard.

Name: Shadowalker

Appearance: see picture, and he has ice blue eyes.

Personality: A sneaky young dragon, Shadowalker is usually up to no good. Playing pranks on other dragons and occasionally stealing something. Like Evan, he's never had any friends, only the reason for that is nobody likes him because he's always tricking them or playing pranks on them.

Flight: Shadow.

post-37715-0-51691500-1463588047_thumb.png

Edited by Damien & Flash
  • Brohoof 1

Anything like this having to do with dragons is my kind of thing. Count me in!

Human

Name: Evan Night

Appearance: Evan has black/grey hair dyed dark red at the ends, blue/green eyes, is 5' 7", and generally wears a black sweatshirt and black jeans.

Personality: Evan has always been a loner, never trying to make any friends. His parents are slightly worried by this so they sent him to the school in hopes he would finally make some. He's usually quiet, only giving his opinion on something when it's needed. Has always had good grades and studies hard.

Name: Shadowalker

Appearance: see picture, and he has ice blue eyes.

Personality: A sneaky young dragon, Shadowalker is usually up to no good. Playing pranks on other dragons and occasionally stealing something. Like Evan, he's never had any friends, only the reason for that is nobody likes him because he's always tricking them or playing pranks on them.

Flight: Shadow.

You're good to go. I'll add you to the list.

• Brohoof 1

@@Drago Ryder,

Don't suppose I could join could I?

Name: Lucius Darkburrow

Appearance: Longish black hair spiked backwards, slightly pale skin, stands at about 5 foot 10, generally wears black jeans with a dark purple shirt (which has a black symbol on it), reasonably thin and has dark purple eyes.

Symbol:

post-33038-0-26866000-1463670498.png

Personality: Lucius is a rather eccentric person who can be loyal and friendly to someone once he's gotten to know then, he can be (at times) slightly nefarious and cunning but is mostly just curious. He can also be quite shy and emotional at times from being bullied quite a lot when he was younger which is why he can (on the rare occasion chicken out of things) as well as that he is quite intelligent and not afraid to speak his mind but is does know when not too.   

• Brohoof 1

@@Drago Ryder,

Don't suppose I could join could I?

Name: Lucius Darkburrow

Appearance: Longish black hair spiked backwards, slightly pale skin, stands at about 5 foot 10, generally wears black jeans with a dark purple shirt (which has a black symbol on it), reasonably thin and has dark purple eyes.

Symbol:

attachicon.gifcool symbol.png

Personality: Lucius is a rather eccentric person who can be loyal and friendly to someone once he's gotten to know then, he can be (at times) slightly nefarious and cunning but is mostly just curious. He can also be quite shy and emotional at times from being bullied quite a lot when he was younger which is why he can (on the rare occasion chicken out of things) as well as that he is quite intelligent and not afraid to speak his mind but is does know when not too.   

You're good to go. Just a suggestion, though. You may want to make a dragon character as well, just to keep things even when it comes to characters.

@@Drago Ryder,

Name: Flare

Appearance:

post-33038-0-50199100-1463679568.jpg

Personality: Like most fire flight dragons Flare can have quite the temper, also he can be quite impertinent at times and has a generally ignorance for any kind of rules since he would much rather be doing something "worth his time" but he is a kind dragon and is serious and does follow rules when he knows it matters.  

Flight :Fire

• Brohoof 1

@@Drago Ryder,

Name: Flare

Appearance:

attachicon.giffire dragon.jpg

Personality: Like most fire flight dragons Flare can have quite the temper, also he can be quite impertinent at times and has a generally ignorance for any kind of rules since he would much rather be doing something "worth his time" but he is a kind dragon and is serious and does follow rules when he knows it matters.  

Flight :Fire

Ok. You're good to go.

Question. Will our human characters get put with our dragon characters or will there be a mix, or will there be some kind of rotation between the humans and dragons?

Just want to make the clearer to myself :)

Question. Will our human characters get put with our dragon characters or will there be a mix, or will there be some kind of rotation between the humans and dragons?

Just want to make the clearer to myself :)

Dragons won't be rotated among the students. As for whether or not your character is put with your dragon, that's up to you.

[member='Drago Ryder'}

I may drop Nero and resubmit a dragon character. Would that be ok?

Considering the depth we have reached in terms of story, yes. You can resubmit a dragon.

Dragons won't be rotated among the students. As for whether or not your character is put with your dragon, that's up to you.

Personally i'd kind of want Lucius to be pared with a different dragon than Flare because I don't really want to spend half the RP in conversation with myself plus I don't think Flare and Lucius really go.

• Brohoof 1

Personally i'd kind of want Lucius to be pared with a different dragon than Flare because I don't really want to spend half the RP in conversation with myself plus I don't think Flare and Lucius really go.

Ok. That's fine. :)

• Brohoof 1

Ok. Here's my new dragon.

Name:Nyx

Personality: In most situations, Nyx Is a dragon that tends to attempt to diffuse a given situation without violence, even when there doesn't appear to be any other way. She also tends to follow the rules most of the time and despite her flight, does show some emotion from time to time, mainly around those that are close to her.

Flight:Ice

Appearance:

___black_female_dragon____by_joakaha-d7h

• Brohoof 1

Ok. Here's my new dragon.

Name:Nyx

Personality: In most situations, Nyx Is a dragon that tends to attempt to diffuse a given situation without violence, even when there doesn't appear to be any other way. She also tends to follow the rules most of the time and despite her flight, does show some emotion from time to time, mainly around those that are close to her.

Flight:Ice

Appearance:

___black_female_dragon____by_joakaha-d7h

Ok. You're good to go. I'll take Nero off and put Nyx on.