Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If there is one thing that you don't want the movie to do, what is it?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

While I do agree that Starlight should not be the focus of the film, she should at least be as important as the rest of the cast. With her slow but steady transition into main character status, it would be silly to leaver her out.

Totally agree with this. I know Starlight is not the most popular character, but like it or not, she is part of established canon and she does have her fans, so I think it would be wrong to leave her out. I do agree that she shouldn't be the focus though. 

Speaking of focus, I don't want any of the Mane 6 to be downplayed. While I think Twilight should be the lead character as she always has been throughout the series, each of the Mane 6 should have a relatively even amount of screen time and at least one memorable moment to themselves. 

And finally, and probably most controversially, the subject of character death. I doubt it will happen, but I wouldn't actually be against it happening in the movie as long as it happened for a good reason. Obviously such an event would be very dramatic and emotional, but if it served a good purpose to the overall narrative or a certain character's arc, instead of happening just for the sake of having an emotional scene, and if executed correctly of course, then I don't think I'd have a big problem with it. Like I said, I doubt they'll take that big a risk though.

I want this movie to give Celestia and Luna some important plot lines. You know, make them actually do something main for once. (Although Luna has 'technically' had some more main plots and appearances, aka "Luna Eclipsed")

• Brohoof 4

I want this movie to give Celestia and Luna some important plot lines. You know, make them actually do something main for once. (Although Luna has 'technically' had some more main plots and appearances, aka "Luna Eclipsed")

^Absolutely, positively, 100% agree with this.

Totally agree with this. I know Starlight is not the most popular character, but like it or not, she is part of established canon and she does have her fans, so I think it would be wrong to leave her out. I do agree that she shouldn't be the focus though. 

Speaking of focus, I don't want any of the Mane 6 to be downplayed. While I think Twilight should be the lead character as she always has been throughout the series, each of the Mane 6 should have a relatively even amount of screen time and at least one memorable moment to themselves. 

And finally, and probably most controversially, the subject of character death. I doubt it will happen, but I wouldn't actually be against it happening in the movie as long as it happened for a good reason. Obviously such an event would be very dramatic and emotional, but if it served a good purpose to the overall narrative or a certain character's arc, instead of happening just for the sake of having an emotional scene, and if executed correctly of course, then I don't think I'd have a big problem with it. Like I said, I doubt they'll take that big a risk though.

If any character ends up getting killed off, it won't be any of the mane seven or Spike. That said, it's hard for me to predict who it would be .

I would rather the movie not be too serous.  The show has always just been silly and funny for most of the time.  Having something like a major character death would just not fit in with style of it all.  One thing I like about the show is that it dose not take itself seriously.   

I would rather the movie not be too serous. The show has always just been silly and funny for most of the time. Having something like a major character death would just not fit in with style of it all. One thing I like about the show is that it dose not take itself seriously.

Not to burst your bubble but the show had Tanks for the Memories and Princess Twilight Sparkle. It's been serious before.

• 2 weeks later...

If there's a second thing I don't want the movie to do, it is forget that Celestia exists.

She'll probably be forgotten anyways. She couldn't be relevant in a smaller and simpler 22-minute story. How could the writers think of something for her in a movie?

Still, I'm hoping she'll get something important to do. It wouldn't even slightly clean up the mess the show has made, but better to try than to lazily create another lame excuse for her ineptitude.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I won't watch it unless Hugh Jackman makes a cameo.

Lol, jk. I don't want any human stuff. Stick to the pony world. I also want a real evil villain. None of this "they were just misunderstood" crap that this genre loves so much.

Edited by El Duderino

I won't watch it unless Hugh Jackman makes a cameo.

Lol, jk. I don't want any human stuff. Stick to the pony world. I also want a real evil villain. None of this "they were just misunderstood" crap that this genre loves so much.

With Liev Schreiber likely doing the voice, we might get a truly badass guy.

• Brohoof 1

I don't want the movie to use a different type of cinematography. I will love it regardless of plot but I just really don't want them to use 3D animation or Live action for the movie.

• Brohoof 1

Reform the main villain of the film.

THIS.

I just prefer if it didn't have anything to do with the human world.

ALSO THIS. Let's keep the MLP movie as far from the EQG setting as possible. Plus, the original MLP Movie had human characters visiting Ponyland, so... I just hope they don't use the same formula this time.

Given how Sony pictures wanted that (ponies meeting humans in the real world) and Hasbro broke with sony pictures, I think we can safely assume it won't happen, Thank god

Wait, whaaat...? Are you telling me that at some point somebody actually wanted to go Smurfs on MLP?

I Don't want the movie to use the elements of harmony.

Like for some reason,just dont.

that's going to be hard to do, hasbro knows that's a very marketable aspect of the show; they just made a line of toys plugging the EOH imagery to sell toys after all.

It gives them something to use as a symbol for the characters to make their cutie marks more important than just butt marks, and symbolism is a powerful way to advertise characters.

I'd be INCREDIBLY surprised if they didn't use the EOH or the Tree of harmony in the movie.

1196152__safe_applejack_clothes_equestri

Wait, whaaat...? Are you telling me that at some point somebody actually wanted to go Smurfs on MLP?

long time ago, its completely irrellevent now since Hasbro broke with Sony, but yeah, when Hasbro was working with sony on it, their execs wanted to make the movie as cliche and cookie cutter as possible.

large.png

• Brohoof 1

long time ago, its completely irrellevent now since Hasbro broke with Sony, but yeah, when Hasbro was working with sony on it, their execs wanted to make the movie as cliche and cookie cutter as possible.

The last paragraph of that email... 

post-14850-0-05131400-1469004879.gif

Add a love interest. I like ol' Flashy Boy, but romance isn't really necessary in the FiM Movie, especially not a shallow version as in EQG.

NO MEMES! They go stale as quickly as they are introduced.

Agreed! No memes and pop culture references outside of what has already been done on the show. Some animated films, especially the recent Angry Birds film, have taken that stuff way too far. 

• Brohoof 1

I agree with Kyoshi on this one, if Starlight is the main character.......then I'll leave the cinema

I'll sit through it, but I won't be happy.

That being said, I think we're in the clear on this; all the promo images don't show her, and all the info we have doesn't mention her either. Granted, they didn't mention or show Sunset shimmer for rainbow rocks either (She wasn't even ON the posters for it) so we're not safe yet, but Things still aren't in her favor for being in the movie.

• 3 months later...

I'll sit through it, but I won't be happy.

That being said, I think we're in the clear on this; all the promo images don't show her, and all the info we have doesn't mention her either. Granted, they didn't mention or show Sunset shimmer for rainbow rocks either (She wasn't even ON the posters for it) so we're not safe yet, but Things still aren't in her favor for being in the movie.

Or we could have another Rodimus situation where no the promo material doesn't show her, but the movie kills off most of the mane 6 and said character who never appeared becomes the new main character for the movie and the show