Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning ~* Help planning a roleplay *~

Pripyat Pony

See, here's the problem. I've joined a few RPs before, but apart from Sombra's Shadow (thanks mainly to Puck and Jonas!), most seem to either leave me behind or forget about my character. I do understand that people might be in different time zones and/or have oodles of time to sit online and post, but I do not. I have a job and I live in England. So I'd love it if somepony could give me a hand with a roleplay where I don't come on to post, only to find that I have twelve pages to read thru and my character has been forgotten as if they never were there. :(

Vague ideas below.

Non Pony:

Borrowed from an RP I posted in on another forum.

Heroes vs Villains

PLOT/BACKSTORY:

It’s the year 2020 in a dystopian reality where one tenth of humans have superpowers. There is extreme discrimination between the Regulars, without powers, and the Others, the ones with powers. There are separate schools, separate hospitals, separate housing communities... Nearly everything is separate, and if the Regulars had their way, most of them would want the Others completely moved from their society to their own country.

Some of the Others have had it with the Regulars discriminating them, treating them like second class citizens because they’re a minority. They figure that they have the power to destroy the Regulars, so why should they have to take that kind of attitude from them. They’ve already destroyed Regular government buildings and have since been called terrorists and Villains.

The other half of the Others are more understanding of the Regulars, knowing that most of the discrimination comes from a fear of the unknown. They believe that the Villains are giving all the Others a bad reputation, and only giving more reasoning for the Regulars to treat them unfavorably. This half of the others, the Heroes, are trying to counter the Villains by defending the Regulars, trying to show to them that they’re not all evil.

This has caused the Villains to hate the Heroes as much as the Regulars. To them, the Heroes are traitors to their kind and that they are weak to let the Regulars step all over them after what they’ve said and done to the Others simply because they’re different than them.
Are you a Regular, or an Other? Hero or Villain?

NOTES:

Genetics:
Two Regulars can give birth to an Other in rare instances (less than 1%. After all, it had started as a mutation of human). However, many Regulars do not accept Others, and it has gotten to the point where pregnant Regulars have ultrasound screenings done to detect this mutation, and if they find they’re having an Other, they will often abort the child.

One Regular and one Other have a 25% chance to have an Other, however this relationship doesn’t occur often because relationships between Regulars and Others is, currently, illegal – not only marriage, but being found in any type of romantic relationship will end with the Regular being arrested, and the Other being executed. There are a few underground Regular/Other relationships, but it is very dangerous.

Two Others have a 50/50 chance of giving birth to a Regular or an Other.

Many Other babies are miscarried or stillborn. There are also problems for the mothers, as 25% of these mothers dying either during pregnancy (due to complications or, in some occasions, being killed by Regulars in an attempt to stop Others from ‘breeding’) or dying in childbirth.

Appearance:
All Others have ‘unnatural’ colored hair. This is what, visually, sets them apart from the Regulars. Although Others are not legally allowed to buy hair dye to change this, some others manage to either steal natural colored hair dye or buy it on the black market in an attempt to ‘blend in’ to the Regulars. Villains would never want to do that, unless they were doing it to go undercover to gain information, because they’re proud of their powers.

Powers: Others have three type of powers – offensive, defensive, or abilities.

Offensive powers are classified as anything that can hurt another human being using no other outside forces or objects (ie. telekenis is NOT offensive, even though for example, flinging a car at someone could cause injury, as it requires something in addition to the power itself). These include, but are not limited to: super strength, pyro, generation of sharp claws/weapons, or anything involving the generation of acids or poisons.

Defensive powers are classified as anything that can weaken or stop an attack, or can heal/fix a person/thing after an attack. These include, but are not limited to: forcefield generation, an invulnerability or resistance to bullets/fire/etc, or any healing or regenerating powers.

Abilities are any powers which don’t fall into the other categories. This is the most common category of power. These include, but are not limited to: flight, mind-related abilities such as telekenisis or telepathy, teleportation, transfiguration, invisibility, duplication, time manipulation, superhuman senses, or ability to control a non-harmful element such as wind/earth/mechanics.

Weaknesses: Others are not indestructible. In fact, they are as fragile as Regulars (eg. A shot through the heart will kill them). Obviously, an Other with a defensive power would be harder to take down.

Pony:

Saving the changelings. Basically, the changelings used to be Flutterponies a long time ago, until Discord took over Equestria. The Flutterponies defied him and tried to fight back, so he put a spell on them that turned them into the changelings and made them have to feed on love in order to breed and gain power. 

In the castle of the Two Sisters, a book is found with details of the spell and also, a spell on how to lift it. Problem is, the spell requires a certain artifact (example: a group of jewels which are scattered all over Equestria a la the Chaos Emeralds) in order to work. So a chosen team of ponies go in search of the objects.

Yes, that's the best idea, I think. It needs fleshing out, tho.

Definitely.

I'll think of some ideas once I'm home :P

• Brohoof 1

Okies. I thought that maybe a changeling could come to Canterlot and appeal to the princesses, perhaps?

Appeal for what?

See, here's the problem. I've joined a few RPs before, but apart from Sombra's Shadow (thanks mainly to Puck and Jonas!), most seem to either leave me behind or forget about my character. I do understand that people might be in different time zones and/or have oodles of time to sit online and post, but I do not. I have a job and I live in England. So I'd love it if somepony could give me a hand with a roleplay where I don't come on to post, only to find that I have twelve pages to read thru and my character has been forgotten as if they never were there. :(

Vague ideas below.

Non Pony:

Borrowed from an RP I posted in on another forum.

Heroes vs Villains

PLOT/BACKSTORY:

It’s the year 2020 in a dystopian reality where one tenth of humans have superpowers. There is extreme discrimination between the Regulars, without powers, and the Others, the ones with powers. There are separate schools, separate hospitals, separate housing communities... Nearly everything is separate, and if the Regulars had their way, most of them would want the Others completely moved from their society to their own country.

Some of the Others have had it with the Regulars discriminating them, treating them like second class citizens because they’re a minority. They figure that they have the power to destroy the Regulars, so why should they have to take that kind of attitude from them. They’ve already destroyed Regular government buildings and have since been called terrorists and Villains.

The other half of the Others are more understanding of the Regulars, knowing that most of the discrimination comes from a fear of the unknown. They believe that the Villains are giving all the Others a bad reputation, and only giving more reasoning for the Regulars to treat them unfavorably. This half of the others, the Heroes, are trying to counter the Villains by defending the Regulars, trying to show to them that they’re not all evil.

This has caused the Villains to hate the Heroes as much as the Regulars. To them, the Heroes are traitors to their kind and that they are weak to let the Regulars step all over them after what they’ve said and done to the Others simply because they’re different than them.

Are you a Regular, or an Other? Hero or Villain?

NOTES:

Genetics:

Two Regulars can give birth to an Other in rare instances (less than 1%. After all, it had started as a mutation of human). However, many Regulars do not accept Others, and it has gotten to the point where pregnant Regulars have ultrasound screenings done to detect this mutation, and if they find they’re having an Other, they will often abort the child.

One Regular and one Other have a 25% chance to have an Other, however this relationship doesn’t occur often because relationships between Regulars and Others is, currently, illegal – not only marriage, but being found in any type of romantic relationship will end with the Regular being arrested, and the Other being executed. There are a few underground Regular/Other relationships, but it is very dangerous.

Two Others have a 50/50 chance of giving birth to a Regular or an Other.

Many Other babies are miscarried or stillborn. There are also problems for the mothers, as 25% of these mothers dying either during pregnancy (due to complications or, in some occasions, being killed by Regulars in an attempt to stop Others from ‘breeding’) or dying in childbirth.

Appearance:

All Others have ‘unnatural’ colored hair. This is what, visually, sets them apart from the Regulars. Although Others are not legally allowed to buy hair dye to change this, some others manage to either steal natural colored hair dye or buy it on the black market in an attempt to ‘blend in’ to the Regulars. Villains would never want to do that, unless they were doing it to go undercover to gain information, because they’re proud of their powers.

Powers: Others have three type of powers – offensive, defensive, or abilities.

Offensive powers are classified as anything that can hurt another human being using no other outside forces or objects (ie. telekenis is NOT offensive, even though for example, flinging a car at someone could cause injury, as it requires something in addition to the power itself). These include, but are not limited to: super strength, pyro, generation of sharp claws/weapons, or anything involving the generation of acids or poisons.

Defensive powers are classified as anything that can weaken or stop an attack, or can heal/fix a person/thing after an attack. These include, but are not limited to: forcefield generation, an invulnerability or resistance to bullets/fire/etc, or any healing or regenerating powers.

Abilities are any powers which don’t fall into the other categories. This is the most common category of power. These include, but are not limited to: flight, mind-related abilities such as telekenisis or telepathy, teleportation, transfiguration, invisibility, duplication, time manipulation, superhuman senses, or ability to control a non-harmful element such as wind/earth/mechanics.

Weaknesses: Others are not indestructible. In fact, they are as fragile as Regulars (eg. A shot through the heart will kill them). Obviously, an Other with a defensive power would be harder to take down.

Pony:

Saving the changelings. Basically, the changelings used to be Flutterponies a long time ago, until Discord took over Equestria. The Flutterponies defied him and tried to fight back, so he put a spell on them that turned them into the changelings and made them have to feed on love in order to breed and gain power. 

In the castle of the Two Sisters, a book is found with details of the spell and also, a spell on how to lift it. Problem is, the spell requires a certain artifact (example: a group of jewels which are scattered all over Equestria a la the Chaos Emeralds) in order to work. So a chosen team of ponies go in search of the objects.

I've encountered that a lot myself. Sometimes I'm the cause, or I am the victim of it. Sometimes we have lots of time and sometimes we don't. The best thing to do is set up a schedule or find people with the same timezone as you. I've been in rps where we all have different timezones, and things go smooth for a bit, but decline. I've also been in ones where a couple can post throughout the day, while I come back to them having to ask what happened.

Really it depends on who you rp with. I myself would go with doing an rp turn based, that way no one is left out.

Another way to avoid this situation would easily be to do a one on one. Those can be great if both people multi cast, or you have the "game master" or narrator...

But yeah, not too much advice to give.

• Brohoof 1

Appeal for what?

For the cure, to return as Flutterponies. I figured that the changelings couldn't simply retrieve all the jewels themselves as they would not be able to do so without starving to death. The ponies might not want to help them, but probably the princesses would send a group out to do so, if only so that they can be rid of the changeling menace.

This is what I thought out while I was at work. Basically, the ponies have no idea what happened to the Flutterponies during Discord's reign. All they know is that the Flutterponies disappeared, and this new race called changelings appeared from nowhere. The changelings could be starving now, due to having been defeated before and unable to feed on much love, so as a last ditch attempt to try and save themselves from dying out, they send an emissary to Canterlot to appeal to the princesses to help them.

Of course, for an RP intro, I would type out an entire backstory giving all the necessary info.

• 4 weeks later...

Nopony else interested? I'd like to start the changeling idea but only if there's anypony who's interested in playing. Could do this as a 1x1 or maximum three players, if need be.