Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you all relax in your alone time.

Twiggy

The things I do to relax during my alone time are:

- Playing video games

- Watching anime

- Watching MLP episodes

- Watching YouTube videos

- read fanfiction

- read manga

- Hang out with friends

- Talk with friends on Skype 

Reading stuff. More specifically from these sources:

UtilityDive

POWER Magazine

Power Engineering

CleanTechnica

Greentech Media

/r/energy

I also have a Twitter account specifically made for tweets about energy storage, since that'll be the enabler to more renewable energy down the road.

So yeah, not only are my interests in green energy but also in the general topic of energy and particularly electricity. It's been said elsewhere that I'm more of an optimist in this particular field because of how progress greatly eclipses regression in this field. Who knows if this whole social justice nonsense has been keeping political activists distracted and diverted from energy.

Once in a blue moon I might read the Reykjavík Grapevine, an Icelandic online magazine with articles written in English. I've also started practicing Icelandic.

(edited)

Businesses can be scumbags sometimes.

I feel you.

Also, in my free time I mess around on my PC, play some music, and think about stuff. Things that shouldn't be thought about.

[also what the heck this new quick reply box is crap :P]

never mind MLPForums derped for a second

Edited by Lonk Chase

Me?  I read.  And write.  Procrastinate a bit.  Okay, a lot.  Conquer the galaxy every now and then for days on end... because 4X and grand strategy games are just that addictive.  God Stellaris is awesome...

I'm really sorry you got laid off. Despite me always working and hanging with friends, I have a bunch of days where I just sit around the house and do nothing but, relax.

- binge watch some Netflix

- watch a bunch of stuff off Amazon video

- watch a bunch of stuff off the WWE network.(yes, I am an avid fan of wwe)

- watch baseball

- walk the dog

- take a long hot bath ( stop judging me!!!)

Music on, World off. ;)

Either that or watching Netflix.

(edited)

I stop debating lol. I read, I play a single-player game on easy, I watch a documentary, or do some activity that's basically committed to muscle memory that I cannot mess up and just do that for a while like if I am decent at Osu play songs I know I can beat where I can still be productive and increase my scores, like some low combo songs a half of a star or so where I was currently trying. Because of the consistency it helps assure me I don't have to rely on inconsistency excessively which helps ground me.

Edit: Comedy helps too. Double Edit: Not from comedians though, but from shows. Well it usually helps, like if I'm lacking a sense of humor especially, which is a different type of thing to relax from and some comedies can increase anxieties depending on if its more anxious or not or the topic etc. Just being excessively technical prolly due to some innate fear of being misunderstood or making a mistake lol.

Edited by Lil Pip

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ll usually get my favorite blanket and lie on the couch downstairs with my favorite televison show(s) on. Having something good to eat there helps too.