Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Friends Forever #31 - Rainbow Dash and Little Strongheart(FINALLY!)

Megas

(edited)

sig-4522099.AYjiYEW.jpg

sig-4522099.HtZG8cA.jpg

My Little Pony: Friends Forever #31
Tony Fleecs (w & a & c)
Little Strongheart asks Rainbow Dash to go on a quest with her… one that may save the Buffalo! Who, or what, is the Great Crow?

Admittedly I'm a little apprehensive that Fleecs is doing the writing, nothing against him though, he's just always been an artist for the series and has never really written anything, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

Otherwise I'm insanely excited for this comic though. I've always wanted to see Strongheart come back in some way for a while now and now she's getting a comic with my favorite character :P

Edited by PathfinderCS

Man, it's been centuries since we last knew about Strongheart. I think last time she showed up was in the background when Cheese Sandwich made the Appleloosa party  

• 2 months later...

@

A bit late, but added the spoiler tag.

But yeah, actually somewhat hyped for this one. <3

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

The comic finally came out. Lots of interesting lore-building for the buffalo, the characters feel like themselves and there's plenty of good jokes, it's great to see Little Strongheart again, and if nothing else, it's worth getting for Sara Richard's art alone. 

The story does feel rushed especially towards the end(dat DEM), but I'd definitely wouldn't mind Tony Fleecs writing for the comics more

• Brohoof 2

it's worth getting for Sara Richard's art alone. 

I was actually not a fan of her style at all...until this issue.

It really fits the ancient buffalo history storytelling thing.

the art really makes up for a lot of the weaknesses of this issue.

The story is substandard.

And the character interactions are not terribly interesting.

But the buffalo are pretty cool, and i'm happy to get more of them.  The story may have lacked overall cohesion, but there were plenty of good moments.  

from the coyote hanging off Rainbow's tail, to the repeated "what did she say?" joke, to the stunning artistic collaboration between the to artists on the last page. 

Edited by weesh
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

The middle to ending part were quite rushed; it was noticeable. Really this really could've fit better as a 2-issue plot in the main series of comics...like a reverse of what's been said in the past. XD

That said I enjoyed it for the most part. With recent issues focusing on yaks and griffons; it was nice to see the buffalo get the lore treatment as well. Really; that was what I was looking forward the most and I was largely satisfied. It was also nice to see Little Strong Heart again; though she could've been used more effectively here.

That said while it's not a particularly strong issue it's an enjoyable read nonetheless. :)

• Brohoof 2

Yea I thought it was decent. I enjoyed it, but it felt like "OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE HARD AND DANGEROUS! One page later and it's over.

Pretty hilarious!

I liked when RD meets the bird but felt like it could have been done better. Like understood a little more about the crow even though you could assume why she wanted one of Rainbow's hairs.

I really liked the Art style change too.

Also more buffalo lore so that's cool

The whole culture/tradition was a great message too!

Edited by Misscellanio
  • Brohoof 1