Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food How do do you eat you ice cream?

ManaMinori

I would use a small bowl and spoon for ice cream that was bought from the store and in the carton. For buying ice cream from either Baskin Robbins or Coldstone, I choose a waffle cone or a cup depending on my mood.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

If I'm on the go and get icecream, it has to be a cone. Then I don't worry about having to dispose of the cup

If I'm at home, put it in a bowl, put some chocolate sauce and eat with a spoon!

Edited by [data expunged]

Last time I had any ice cream was over a year ago.

It wasn't pretty at all. I threw up five times that evening. The next morning I test positive for Listeria.

Of course, I had no idea at the time what was going on inside me, but once I got out of the hospital, I never had ice cream again.

Back when I would have it, I just got a cone.

(edited)

Personally I don't like ice cream very much anymore, but if I do eat it then I churn it until it turns into what looks like paste. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's just more work on my part before I can eat it basically. I'm not sure why I do it, but I do.

Edited by YouMayNykki

I enjoy my ice cream upside down with a frown.

Sometimes I eat it on the roof with my hoof.

I like it in a box.

I like it with a fox.

I eat it with strawberries n' cream.

I eat it while I wait for an update on Steam.

I enjoy it wearing socks.

I enjoy it with lox.

I eat with green eggs n' ham.

I eat with every meal, Sam I Am.

For real, in a dish with some chocolate syrup and a few chocolate jimmies, typically.

• Brohoof 2

I don't like ice cream, but I eat gelato which is kind of similar. When I'm in the mood for it, I usually just buy a small plastic cup of it at a local Italian restaurant and I eat it with the little spoon they give me. I don't think I've bought a container of it at a store for quite awhile :P. I just don't eat it that much.

• 3 months later...

I don't buy ice-cream in a container, I always buy it just straight from an ice-cream shop. Then it depends how they serve it to me; from eating it from a waffle cone to a spoon in a bowl.

Either just eat it in a bowl with a spoon (after letting it thaw a few minutes) or (usually homemade vanilla from the store) with cobbler (it's pretty good quite honestly!)

Chocolate for best flavor

Edited by TwillyFSniper
  • Brohoof 1

with cobbler (it's pretty good quite honestly!)

Cobbler with melty ice cream on top is amazing!

I like ice cream in many ways - cone, waffle cone, cup, bowl, as a shake - It's my weakness. In fact I can't buy it, because then I'll devour it within a couple days.

My favorite is Blue Bell vanilla. For those outside of Texas...sorry you do not have it.

My second favorite is Turkey Hill peanut butter cup.  For those outside the northeast...sorry you do not have it.

So much <3 for iced cream!

My favorite is Blue Bell vanilla. For those outside of Texas...sorry you do not have it.

It is pretty expensive, but it is worth it I guess (though I think the Dutch Chocolate is better, being quite the chocoholic). I usually end up with the store brand (HEB). It's about half the price and it's still really good. 

• Brohoof 1

It is pretty expensive, but it is worth it I guess (though I think the Dutch Chocolate is better, being quite the chocoholic). I usually end up with the store brand (HEB). It's about half the price and it's still really good. 

How about that, Shiner. I'm from San Antonio originally.  HEB's brand is pretty good too. I remember some years ago they wanted Blue Bell to make their store brand and they refused, so HEB took half their shelf space away. Truth be told, that was my family's brand of choice due to the price, because you're right....Blue Bell is expensive. If I lived there, it'd probably be a splurge thing for me.

• Brohoof 2

How about that, Shiner. I'm from San Antonio originally.  HEB's brand is pretty good too. I remember some years ago they wanted Blue Bell to make their store brand and they refused, so HEB took half their shelf space away. Truth be told, that was my family's brand of choice due to the price, because you're right....Blue Bell is expensive. If I lived there, it'd probably be a splurge thing for me.

I originally lived in Washington state actually, but moved down here because of family stuff. Yeah it's like $8.00 for a half-gallon. It's almost not worth it.  Almost...

• Brohoof 1

For those not lactose intolerant, how do you eat your delightfully frozen dessert? Straight out the carton, and keep it all fluffy and nice looking, or smash it into soft serve? I choose the latter

Breyers Lactose Free Chocolate and their Lactose Free Vanilla are actually quite good. 

There are options for ice cream for people who have the Lactose Intolerance issue.

What annoys me is that Dairy Queen and other fountain places do not serve such ice cream for people who are lactose intolerant but want to be social while eating it.

510-1178586-Q2_ProductLanding_LactoseFre

Edited by silvadel
  • Brohoof 1

I just eat it in the little cups. They're my reward when I've practiced and studied hard on a day. I also use soooo many rainbow sprinkles. No wonder I'm not losing weight anymore. T.T

• Brohoof 1

Stuff as much as i possibly can into a cup.

Then feel the wraith in my colon as i squirm on the couch mimicking a mini-seizure.

Then slowly make my way to the bathroom so i can unleash hell into the porcelain throne.

Oh and I don't do this often because I gain weight if I do, but it tastes good...

Ice Cream + Pepperidge Farms Golden Cake (has the chocolate icing).  Eat together.  It goes really well together, much better than just ice cream or just cake.

• Brohoof 1