1. 1. Did you like it?

• It was bad; deplorable even.
    • I just didn't like it.
    • So much meh.
    • I liked it well enough.
    • It was FABULOUS Darling!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Nye said:

I really liked this episode! It reminded me a lot of reality tv shows. Really funny secret in one of Pinkie’s interviews.

One of the best episodes of the series for sure!

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

This episode was pretty good. Being a fan of The Office, I appreciate the style it went for.

Plus we got to see the Planes, Trains, and Automobiles ponies again, along with J. Jonah Jameson.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I didn't like the episode so much. The story feels as if it was designed for the moral, and doesn't feel natural at all. It did have some funny moments, though. Twight's sweeping song was hillarious.:-P

• 3 months later...

This is an episode that relies solely on its jokes. The story is pretty much just a set up for the mane six to react to this situation in their own unique ways to get jokes. And the jokes are good. This isn't one of the funniest of the series or anything, but there are a good amount of funny jokes. My favorites being the angel and devil Rarity and everything Rainbow Dash says. 

But the episode relying on jokes is also to its detriment. Since there's nothing else backing up the episode, the dud jokes are much more noticeable and create a lot of dead air in the episode. Like I'm not a fan of the sweeping gag. The set up is just too obvious so the punchline does nothing. And Plaid Stripes is hit or miss. I like her door bell idea, but spoon clothes does nothing for me outside from a slight smile.

Overall I like this episode since there are more good jokes than bad, but the bad jokes really stick out and the moments when the episode focuses on its story and moral don't work. I mentioned the story already and the moral is very situational. Most times, someone tells you to do something expecting that you do it they way they tell you to.

Score: 7/10

• 1 month later...

This episode is my third favorite in the whole show. It's such a joy to watch (or listen to as background noise) every time. I know it's Rarity episode but for me, it's easily the best ensemble of the mane 6 in the whole series.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Let me just say, this episode was really funny, but it was too far out there. It didn't feel like a MLP story at all.

When people (Bronies React) started saying it was the best episode of the season, while I watched "Stranger Than Fanfiction" more than 10 times in a row (and I don't like Rainbow Dash that much), it shows how much people just want their favorite pony to be in human comedy/slice of life/Pony Life stuff.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

I really liked this episode. It was hilarious and lovely. Although I am not too sure how safe it is for Coco to be sneezing, or for there to be rats serving food. Twilight's 'sweep' song was really cute. Unique format of telling a a story.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

This episode is an absolute banger. The attention to detail is insane. There are so many great facial expressions that go just far enough to be funny without looking disturbing. Every character gets a moment to shine, though I'd say Dash steals the show. Her jokes (along with some others) feel like fan fiction, but in a good way. I love the escaped Pinkie clone (which has so many interesting implications that have been the subject of many great fan fictions) and the random other Pinkie clone in the rave that nobody mentions.

Not every joke works (I don't like Plaid Stripes), but the amount of care and effort put into every aspect of this episode truly makes it one of the best and most unique episodes of the show.

• Brohoof 3

I definitely liked this episode. As the other have already posted the amount of details here are really impressing. I especially liked the reference to Too many Pinkie Pies here. Everypony finds a way to make their talent work Rarity shop and this was really nice to see.

On 2021-03-02 at 7:02 AM, Starforce Glimmer said:

Twilight's 'sweep' song was really cute.

This got stuck in my brain for some time :o

• 1 month later...

This episode was okay, but its not one of my favorites. It is very interesting that this episode tried to set up as some sort of reality TV show parody.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Rarity is hardly my favorite out of the mane 6(7 technically with Starlight) ... more like dead last, but after the last couple episodes not really being favs .. especially in the case of Newbie Dash .. I had a blast watching this one.  This is one of those episodes I had a good time from start to finish in.  There were several seasons where there were episodes I was just bursting to discuss afterward and this one came close to those.  Dash's face when she impersonates Rarity's expected reaction is absolutely priceless and spot on.  I kinda liked the grinning Pinkie as she tail-sweeps through the shop too.  Then there was the Ooops delivery of the merchandise lol.  As you can tell by the naming, I've had experiences with them.  Seeing it all come together toward the end was even fun.  So yeah, this one's definitely one of the higher rated ones for me in this season.

RariDash.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Fantastic episode, definitely one of the most unique in the whole series and it seriously works. Wouldn’t be great if every episode was like this obviously but as a one-off the sitcom style of this episode is great. Not much else to add besides that.

• Brohoof 1