Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

1.9 Server Announcement

DoragonKeiyou

Update:  The post above is a lie.

Oh my wow fluf dora. The part about the update coming or the part about an update coming today?

I make an update to prove that duff was incorrect.  I had all day to decide on what I wanted to say.  I chose wisely.

To answer the question, we're moving to 1.10 instead of 1.9.  There's no reason to stay with 1.9 since no major game mechanics were changed with 1.10.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

How do I let you know that I want my house to be transferred? I used red wool to mark where and cleaned out my house. 

Basically, once you've set the red wool down (which I assume you have), you wait for the server to update to 1.10. Once it's updated find a spot you want your house to be and look up the coordinates. There should be a post by that point here on the forums for building transfers (a completely different post from this one). Simply include the coordinates of your house in the 1.8 world and then the coordinates for the place you want it to be in the 1.10 world! Be sure to specify which is which though!

Hope this helped, Kap 

Basically, once you've set the red wool down (which I assume you have), you wait for the server to update to 1.10. Once it's updated find a spot you want your house to be and look up the coordinates. There should be a post by that point here on the forums for building transfers (a completely different post from this one). Simply include the coordinates of your house in the 1.8 world and then the coordinates for the place you want it to be in the 1.10 world! Be sure to specify which is which though!

Hope this helped, Kap 

Where's the different post?

It doesn't exist yet because the update hasn't been pushed through. I'm sure the mods will make it very easy to find, probably plaster this post with announcements too when the time comes.

so basically all my builds are just going to be gone except for one of them which means nothing matters at all? and if it happens to be built over a vanilla temple am i allowed to keep that or is that a no no?

Well, it's been like 3 months now, the whole summer passed with this situation of uncertainty about the map which lead to no longer players big projects during this time (and summer is generally a good period to launch or improve one, as student players have more free time).

Don't you think it's time to come to a peace with big and passionated builders ? By lifting and improving the last change of rules (cf : my explainations before on this topic), it would make the time between now and the reset more useful for those builders and make them come back to build a new future, it would be an instant improving of server's activity without even having to actually release anything !

The best way to consolidate the frequentation spike at the release of 1.10 is having towns ready very soon to welcome new players, players coming in towns have better chance to stay as they feel integrated in the community, there is also less risk of neighbouring problems as they build according to town's land and rules instead of doing something in the wild on another player's wanted land.

Big builders are contributing for free to the server's general activity, let's encourage them to continue by helping them to pass the map change without too much damages !

• 3 weeks later...

I have an issue that while I was offline, people have moved into and claimed the structure I was going to transfer. I did not have enough points to claim it, so left it unclaimed in the hope that people would be polite enough to leave it alone. I don't mind the fact that they're living in it, but it's fairly annoying that I can't build on it anymore.

Hoping an admin will come online soon and help me with this.

EDIT: Been resolved.

Edited by ForthEorl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Soooo....it's been quite some time since we last heard any news about the update.  And if we were getting a post every little bit to tell us where the staff is in building 1.10 I wouldn't mind it's taking so long.  But the complete silence from anyone about the update is very frustrating.  The staff on the server keep saying, "Oh, it's almost ready, maybe the end of the week." is getting real old real fast. Because the end of each week comes and hey look, the server STILL hasn't updated.  Please keep us updated.  I want to play on the server.  I like the server.  But the silence about any information is very very frustrating.

Soooo....it's been quite some time since we last heard any news about the update.  And if we were getting a post every little bit to tell us where the staff is in building 1.10 I wouldn't mind it's taking so long.  But the complete silence from anyone about the update is very frustrating.  The staff on the server keep saying, "Oh, it's almost ready, maybe the end of the week." is getting real old real fast. Because the end of each week comes and hey look, the server STILL hasn't updated.  Please keep us updated.  I want to play on the server.  I like the server.  But the silence about any information is very very frustrating.

Funny you should mention that, as the past few days we've been on the server mentioning it's getting close to being up!  We're even testing out the bugs.  I understand you're frustrated, but I'm pretty positive you'd want it fully working, rather than us just throwing it up and having to constantly fix it.  C:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

So MC just updated to 1.11.  What is taking so long to get the map updated?!?  At this rate, there's going to be several new versions before you even get 1.10 up and running!  So now do we have to wait even longer because you guys are going to now update to 1.11?  GIVE US A BLOODY UPDATE!!!!

I think we'd rather you have to fix minor bugs in production than have to wait so long that you have to start over with updating to the new version that we never get to play because we're waiting on you guys.

• Brohoof 1

So MC just updated to 1.11.  What is taking so long to get the map updated?!?  At this rate, there's going to be several new versions before you even get 1.10 up and running!  So now do we have to wait even longer because you guys are going to now update to 1.11?  GIVE US A BLOODY UPDATE!!!!

Yelling won't get you anywhere. Be patient and calm like most others, and what you seek will soon come to you :)

As for 1.11, no, the 1.10->1.11 update is going to be very quick because the game did not majorly change and no map reset is planned.

I think we'd rather you have to fix minor bugs in production than have to wait so long that you have to start over with updating to the new version that we never get to play because we're waiting on you guys.

You say that now, but the bugs we are dealing with are not minor. Just yesterday we finally fixed an issue where the server would flat out crash when certain staff joined. I don't think that's very minor.

I'm not yelling.  I'm just flat out frustrated because no one is saying anything, I never get any answers when I do log on to the server, and I have to get mad in order to FINALLY get a half answer that still says a whole lot of nothing.  So excuse my pissed off-ness because I can't get a bloody answer from anyone I've talked to.  This is bloody ridiculous that there is no communication between players and staff, just these long times of silence, and frankly it's making me want to not join the server ever again.  It's not that I don't like the server, but if the staff is going to treat us this way, then I think that isn't right.

I'm not yelling.  I'm just flat out frustrated because no one is saying anything, I never get any answers when I do log on to the server, and I have to get mad in order to FINALLY get a half answer that still says a whole lot of nothing.  So excuse my pissed off-ness because I can't get a bloody answer from anyone I've talked to.  This is bloody ridiculous that there is no communication between players and staff, just these long times of silence, and frankly it's making me want to not join the server ever again.  It's not that I don't like the server, but if the staff is going to treat us this way, then I think that isn't right.

I'm more than willing to give you the communication you want - here or in PM, ask me anything you'd like about the server update and I'll try my best to answer it!