Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Lefties Unite!

crispy fries

I didn't see a thread about being left handed, so I figured I'd make one. So, who's a southpaw around here? Got any left handed struggles? I would personally like to condem pens and pencils to the pits of hell for smudging my hand.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't see a thread about being left handed, so I figured I'd make one. So, who's a southpaw around here? Got any left handed struggles? I would personally like to condem pens and pencils to the pits of hell for smudging my hand.
I had a friend in high school who managed to get away with writing right to left for making that very same complaint. Wont work for personal writings, but you can maybe get away with that in school if you still attend.

Yay ! The left-handed army rises !

I can't open a ravioli can with those metal-can-opener things, I always have to get help from my mom xc Plus I smear pencil dust all over most of my drawings, so imagine when I'm working with graphite pencils. It's a disaster.

• Brohoof 1

Yay ! The left-handed army rises !

I can't open a ravioli can with those metal-can-opener things, I always have to get help from my mom xc Plus I smear pencil dust all over most of my drawings, so imagine when I'm working with graphite pencils. It's a disaster.

oh yea, the struggles :adorkable: that's the reason I don't draw with graphite pencils :please:

(edited)

i'm left-handed, but i don't really think of it as anything special.

Edited by Odyssey

I'm left handed and it's becoming more common around where I am. I don't have any struggles with writing, and people get surprised every now and then when they see me writing with my left hand.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Lefties are advantagous in lots of things, for example a lefty batter will get to first base quicker, and a lefty pitch will be unpredictable. I've heard that in gruesome activities, lefties can be more dangerous, and going back to when life was about fighting off the monsters to survive, I'm not sure why most people weren't lefties, because of the advantages in defending youself, or maybe most people were lefties and the lefty population died out. I don't even know, but I think lefties are cool. I'm right handed myself, but probably the only things I'm good at my left hand with are using buttons on a video game controller and holding my coffee.

Edited by gamecubeguy214

(edited)

I'm ambi.

What I'm rather pissed off at is any place assuming that you are one or the other. For example, dorms giving you a left-handed desk when your equipment (mouse, keyboard, writing utensils, layout) is all designed for right-handers. The hell guys? I had to deal with that all year.  If I'm going to have a left-handed desk, I need the equipment to go with it, or it is annoying as hell to use. Is it that hard to just ask people if they are right handed or left? Same thing with classrooms. Why are there random numbers of left-handed desks? Can we not just ask who is and save someone the trouble that first day of being in a desk they can't write in?

Usually I eat with my left hand and do all my electronic functions with the right, because most things are made for the right to begin with (and have no left-handed counterpart). Furthermore my left eye is not functional so I would be better off leaving that side to simpler tasks. For drawing, it depends on the position I'm in or what I need to draw. Usually I use both hands. 

And anything else... well, just a matter of quick thinking. I prefer tossing and throwing with left.

Edited by ARagY
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm ambidextrous to an extent.

Things I do with my right hand/leg:

• Write & draw
  • Use the mouse
  • Kick a ball

Things I do with my left hand:

• Hold drinks
  • Hold a ball in my hand
  • Open doors
  • Arm wrestle

Things I can do effectively with both:

• Throw a ball
  • Eat using utensils
Edited by Rivendare

• 8 months later...

Need more left handed people here. 

Me and my brother are the only lefties in my family (I may also have some cousins, but I'm not sure.) I pretty much do everything with my left hand, even use tools that were created for right handed people. Although I constantly try to train my right hand to do what my left can, it will never come close to my dominant hand.

• 3 weeks later...

I do most things with my left hand, with the exception of mouse and keyboard and maybe and a few other things that require actual strength come from my right. which would lead some people to think that I kick with my left as well. I don't. My right leg is my dominent leg.

I was born left handed but my mom didn't want me to me different so she taught me right handed so I can use both..

Funny you made this because i was at a restraunt the other day and I was trying to cut with my right and i look right at my sister and go what am I doing I can only cut with my left? Lol.. i play sports with my left and other things but write with my right hand... I wanna teach myself to write with my left though.

I'm left-handed, although it doesn't make any difference most of the time. However, before starting to play a videogame I always readjust the controls, for example I never use WASD for moving - only arrow keys.

• 2 years later...