Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sequel?

TheAnimatorOfficial

11 hours ago, Whirlwindmark said:

If there is a sequel, it will be direct to DVD.

Maybe.

17 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Well then...looks like the movie wasn't as massive of a flop as people thought.

Actually most people I see who think its a flop are not paying much attention or simply don't know much about the Industry.

(First Up: I work IN THE INDUSTRY, but I'm not a animator, I work for a "Major mouse based Company.") But in the Engineering area. But I'm pretty familiar with the movie making part also. And this movie is by no means a flop.

Point One: Budget. Anyone (I'm looking at 4/chan) Who tells you this movie cost 60 million of something silly like that. Is just stupid. I would be shocked if it cost more then 15 and 5-8 million is actually a better bet. The "Animation" was done with Toon Boom harmony, Which while you can do animation with it, its not like doing it back in the 90's. Its must less time consuming now. (Because your doing it on computer and then can move it around some) Its not totally unlike flash. Its just NOT flash.

They also didn't actually hire anyone extra for the animation. It was done mainly with there in house animators. Many of who most likely are on Salary. (Thus did get paid more for it, but not as much as a outside studio) The voice acting is voice acting. Yes there are some big names. But you would be stunned how little you can get voice acting done for. Emily Blunt most likely didn't make much more money for it then Tara did.

Point Two: Box Office. The Movie will most likely actually run up to about 50 million. Even it the movie did cost 15ish million. That's still golden returns. (Movie theaters consider making three times the budget good returns)

Point Three: OTHER PROFIT. This one is important. Hasbro basically started going into the release that they would be OK with the movie not actually making a profit in the box office. They have also said that they are VERY happy with how it has done. - But the real thing is that they are a Toy Company... They make there money in other places.

DVD's.

Streaming.

Merchandising from the movie itself.

A increase in the actually toy sales of the line. (Which the FiM Toys are doing very well! .. Eq Not so much)

Simply put. Its almost impossible to lose money on a Franchise movie in the long run.

-

End: Simply put. This movie has done very well.

If they see a uptick in the sales of toys that last for any real amount of time. They might make another movie. They may also just start doing Strait to DVD movies every so often. Ether in flash or in Animation.

-

The Movie most likely cost about as much as a season of the show to be honest.

• Brohoof 4

6 hours ago, blackstarraven said:

Maybe.

17 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Well then...looks like the movie wasn't as massive of a flop as people thought.

Actually most people I see who think its a flop are not paying much attention or simply don't know much about the Industry.

(First Up: I work IN THE INDUSTRY, but I'm not a animator, I work for a "Major mouse based Company.") But in the Engineering area. But I'm pretty familiar with the movie making part also. And this movie is by no means a flop.

Point One: Budget. Anyone (I'm looking at 4/chan) Who tells you this movie cost 60 million of something silly like that. Is just stupid. I would be shocked if it cost more then 15 and 5-8 million is actually a better bet. The "Animation" was done with Toon Boom harmony, Which while you can do animation with it, its not like doing it back in the 90's. Its must less time consuming now. (Because your doing it on computer and then can move it around some) Its not totally unlike flash. Its just NOT flash.

They also didn't actually hire anyone extra for the animation. It was done mainly with there in house animators. Many of who most likely are on Salary. (Thus did get paid more for it, but not as much as a outside studio) The voice acting is voice acting. Yes there are some big names. But you would be stunned how little you can get voice acting done for. Emily Blunt most likely didn't make much more money for it then Tara did.

Point Two: Box Office. The Movie will most likely actually run up to about 50 million. Even it the movie did cost 15ish million. That's still golden returns. (Movie theaters consider making three times the budget good returns)

Point Three: OTHER PROFIT. This one is important. Hasbro basically started going into the release that they would be OK with the movie not actually making a profit in the box office. They have also said that they are VERY happy with how it has done. - But the real thing is that they are a Toy Company... They make there money in other places.

DVD's.

Streaming.

Merchandising from the movie itself.

A increase in the actually toy sales of the line. (Which the FiM Toys are doing very well! .. Eq Not so much)

Simply put. Its almost impossible to lose money on a Franchise movie in the long run.

-

End: Simply put. This movie has done very well.

If they see a uptick in the sales of toys that last for any real amount of time. They might make another movie. They may also just start doing Strait to DVD movies every so often. Ether in flash or in Animation.

-

The Movie most likely cost about as much as a season of the show to be honest.

So, I that's the case, it's possible for said potential sequel to be another theatrical release :squee:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

Well, I understand from the leaks that the box office wasn't really that good, and they outright cancelled any plans for a sequel  :sunny:. I hope China make them change their minds

1 minute ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, I understand from the leaks that the box office wasn't really that good, and they outright cancelled any plans for a sequel  :sunny:. I hope China make them change their minds

That's not 100% true.

They simply shifted to potentially making the next movie a prequel to the reboot G5. That doesn't inherently mean that they cancelled it, as it was never set in stone in the first place. The leaks make it pretty clear they were unsure of what direction they wanted to take it.

22 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

That's not 100% true.

They simply shifted to potentially making the next movie a prequel to the reboot G5. That doesn't inherently mean that they cancelled it, as it was never set in stone in the first place. The leaks make it pretty clear they were unsure of what direction they wanted to take it.

Yeah but I wanted one last FIM toon boom film before getting to G5 :sunny:

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

Yeah but I wanted one last FIM toon boom film before getting to G5 :sunny:

Who knows, maybe G5 will be amazing, you never know.

1 hour ago, Key Sharkz said:

Who knows, maybe G5 will be amazing, you never know.

Still want one last toon boom FIM horses tho :adorkable:. I'll still wait for G5, but please, give FIM a worthy farewell pluhlease :(

49 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Still want one last toon boom FIM horses tho :adorkable:. I'll still wait for G5, but please, give FIM a worthy farewell pluhlease :(

I'm sure season 9 will be spectacular.

8 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I'm disappointed if Hasbro will release next film as a prequel for the next generation. Disappointed not only behalf of all the fans who want one last change to celebrate MLP together, but also behalf of company's owners. This would be their change to drain our pockets dry, squeeze every last drop from nostalgia-hungry bronies. Even though fanbase is not what it used to be, I'm rather sure that when generation 4 is almost ended and they would announce the_one_last_movie, bronies would pour to cinemas to pay theyr respects. If movie would indeed be prequel, there would be high risk that potential new fans wouldn't find it and that old fans wouldn't be interested.

If there will be true sequel, I will go watch it as a farewell. Hasbro, take my money and make this happen!

On 1/18/2018 at 2:27 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Again the leak actually does not make a statement about box office, we don't need a statement for that. The box office was 54.8 million USD. That actually makes it better preforming then a lot of movies that where considered to have done very well this year. Again if the other leaks (I would remind us all that 4/chan leaks have about a 50/50 accuracy rating because a lot of times it just hasbro kicking stuff around and some times the leakers are making part of it up also, the season 5 episode names where leaked and the first half was correct and the second half was not even close) But if the leak was correct that the cost of the movie was 30 ish million, the I'm just going to tell you all that included everything, distribution, production and marketing.

Because major animated movies that require outside studies x3 the size of Hasbro using a program I can get for $1200.. Cost about 60-90 million.

The movie most like cost as much as a season of the show 5.5 million dollars per season by the way.

-

They never actually said they where going to make a 2nd movie. but they DID actually say in this leak (Again grain of salt) That they where thinking of a movie to reboot the show to season 5. (I think that's a stupid ideal, if you wanted the movie to do well, you would use it to cap off season 4 and get it ready for -extention-)

Which brings me to another point.

Extension.....

Its a common element of shows with die hard fan bases now that they never actually die...

Buffy for instance, still has comics and conventions...

IDW and the other comic line both have rights to the comics that will last much longer (If they re-up indefinitely) then the show will. If there is a market for it, netflix might actually pay to have some stuff done also. (MLP FIM was there most watched -not highest rated- kids show in 2017) And EG is getting 22min youtube episodes.

And then you have the issue of follow up.

If your a company moving from your most profitable show ever... you don't want to screw the relaunch up... And that goes double if your launching it right after the end of the first one..

I still say they would do better to do a G4.5 spin off.

But that's just me... I don't work for Hasbro... I work for that other company... The one that has a standing purchase offer for hasbro... mostly to cut out the middle man on there toys.