Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Pony Anatomy

twiia

(edited)

I drew a random pony, to see if I got the pony anatomy correct. What do you think?

post-37231-0-93422700-1463957493_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Fire Twii (Icy Wind)
  • Brohoof 2

Nice, it's got a pretty good anatomy!

Thx! Although I'm pretty sure theres still some fault in it. My sister said it was too fat

(edited)

You've a really great start here from what I can tell c: Although, I think you need to consider how the joints move and what the skeleton underneath looks like a little bit more. The way you have it now, the neck is just a tinsy bit off and front leg could use just a little bit of work.

SkeletonWIP01.png

It isn't so much that she's fat at all, really, but moreso that you're forgetting some important details in muscle and bone structure.

Edited by Tealeaf
  • Brohoof 1

You've a really great start here from what I can tell c: Although, I think you need to consider how the joints move and what the skeleton underneath looks like a little bit more. The way you have it now, the neck is just a tinsy bit off and front leg could use just a little bit of work.

SkeletonWIP01.png

It isn't so much that she's fat at all, really, but moreso that you're forgetting some important details in muscle and bone structure.

Thanks, I keep forgetting some stuff. I mostly just fused my artstyle and the canon artstyle together...

Heeheehahahahahahahaha

What? You mean the spoilered image or my fat pony?

Thanks, I keep forgetting some stuff. I mostly just fused my artstyle and the canon artstyle together...

Well, the thing is that even your own art style needs to have basis in anatomy. A lot of beginning artists like to use style as an excuse not to learn anatomy, but you need to know your subject before you can exaggerate it. That's what an MLP pony is, a highly exaggerated horse/pony, so I would suggest looking into the anatomy of real horses as well.

• Brohoof 1

I

What? You mean the spoilered image or my fat pony?

I mean ther part where your sister said it was FAT!!! Heeheehahahahahahahaha

Well, the thing is that even your own art style needs to have basis in anatomy. A lot of beginning artists like to use style as an excuse not to learn anatomy, but you need to know your subject before you can exaggerate it. That's what an MLP pony is, a highly exaggerated horse/pony, so I would suggest looking into the anatomy of real horses as well.

At first I neglected to learn pony anatomy, but I realized my drawings were a bit off, so I look through a bunch of pages on pony anatomy every day and still can't get it quite right

I I mean ther part where your sister said it was FAT!!! Heeheehahahahahahahaha

She said it looked fatter than canon.... X3 hahaha

At first I neglected to learn pony anatomy, but I realized my drawings were a bit off, so I look through a bunch of pages on pony anatomy every day and still can't get it quite right

It's definitely a difficult process, but you'll get there in time. I'm sure of it c:

• Brohoof 1

It's definitely a difficult process, but you'll get there in time. I'm sure of it c:

thx. I'm drawing ponies every day, and I think the anatomy is slowly getting better. When I started drawing ponies, they literally looked like sticks, and a little sharp angled.

It's pretty good! But you could still work on the wings because alicorn wings are more curved up then in the middle... For example Luna's wings.

I was drawing a UNICORN with PEGASUS wings, not an ALICORN. Why? Because I draw alicorns better than unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies and I need to work on drawing the usual ponies

I was drawing a UNICORN with PEGASUS wings, not an ALICORN. Why? Because I draw alicorns better than unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies and I need to work on drawing the usual ponies

Ok but you could have mentioned it before.

• Brohoof 1

Just a small detail, but you might want to make her legs a bit thicker.

Good idea, my ponies still sorta look like they're standing on stick legs. I'll pay attention in the future.

The picture is not horrible like everybody said just research anatomy I am also trying to learn how to draw ponies and let me tell you mine looked like road kill every body has their own style you just need to fuse your style with anatomy all you can do is keep on drawing you can only get better. :yay::muffins:

• Brohoof 1

The picture is not horrible like everybody said just research anatomy I am also trying to learn how to draw ponies and let me tell you mine looked like road kill every body has their own style you just need to fuse your style with anatomy all you can do is keep on drawing you can only get better. :yay::muffins:

It can't be that bad... its probably better than mine.

Yeah, I agree. Your body is abnormally bigger than it's legs. I think your work is in progress though! :love:

I changed my style a bit, so it looks a bit less fat. I'll see if I can post my updated pic, which might be a bit worse than the original.

It can't be that bad... its probably better than mine.

Don't say that your still learning and I am still learning myself if you down your work it will never get better have some confidence in your drawings and you will improve over time and in my opinion in the world of art there is no better then somebody else its creativity come to life with many different styles same with writing so just keep on drawing. :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

Don't say that your still learning and I am still learning myself if you down your work it will never get better have some confidence in your drawings and you will improve over time and in my opinion in the world of art there is no better then somebody else its creativity come to life with many different styles same with writing so just keep on drawing. :pinkie:

Well, always room for improvement. Compared to my first MLP drawing ever, its way better. 

• Brohoof 1