Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel when watching MLP?

Grtxkkyz

It just makes me feel peaceful and happy you don't have to think about your problems or life or school or work, you can just feel happy and love ponies for a little.

Honestly, it is two conflicting feelings.

On one hoof, it feels REALLY weird, mainly because it's hard to forget that everyone will associate MLP with no less than 20 years of absolute suck. It's really hard not thinking about the fact I'm watching a show for 6-12 year olds which are of the opposite gender. The lower end is a third my age, the upper end is half my age. As well, after Gen 3, MLP developed a notorious stigma, so yeah... feels strange that I'm enjoying a series which has always been aiming at little girls.

On the other hoof, it feels awesome. I'm rising above moronic stereotypes made by an asinine and pointlessly arbitrary societal system, I get those occasional epic moments in the show that make me somehow forget it's actually aimed at girls, and I feel like I'm able to realize life from a much more mature mindset.

Usually when I start watching, I have the whole "what am I watching?!" feeling. But that effect is getting less and less.

I often have a delightfully rebellious feeling in watching and enjoying something that the world says I'm not "supposed" to be watching at all. There's that feeling of "I'm going to watch My Little Pony - what are you gonna do about it, world?" I think that's part of the fun of watching, really.

And then I am astounded by the artwork, which is probably the best of any cartoon I have seen yet. These people are masters of their art. The colors are beautiful, and when I watch an episode in HD it feels like the world just draws me in like a masterpiece ought to do. It is reminiscent of when I was a little kid, and how much joy I could get out of something that was simply colorful.

Then I have the feeling of escapism. I work in a hospital, and to come home at then end of a sometimes crazy and stressful day to spend some time with the Ponies is really nice. It is one of the most relaxing stress relievers there is, almost like having a whole dish of candy all to yourself.

My Little Pony also moves me. Really, there aren't many TV shows that can produce much emotion in me at all. But sometimes when I watch MLP:FiM I feel as though as a show it is far more mature and touches more deeply into the human heart than anything people produce today.

There's nothing that makes me more happy than turning on the TV and watching a new episode of ponies.